When you first started vaping did you think you needed a PV that looked like a cigarette?

Since I started vaping:

• I am still using and loving my analog replica.

• I am still using and loving my analog replica, but have other larger PVs that I use as well.

• Within a week, I "drawered" my analog replica PV for a bigger battery.

• Within a month, I "drawered" my analog replica PV for a bigger battery.

• I wish I never spent the intial money on the analog replica, it was a waste of money.

• I have a PV that is resembles an analog, but it has a larger battery.

• To heck with anything resembling an analog.....I suck tailpipes now!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I never had or wanted a white-with-red PV, and since I heard, when I researched PVs about a year ago, that it should never, ever "look like a cigarette", I chose a cigar (701). Let's just say, bad idea. Then I got a 510 (not in white) and surprise! I was off analogs within two days, and I hadn't even intended to quite completely. The only other option back then were mods, and thank you very much, but I didn't want one. (I still only own a very simple battery box mod for testing.) And neihter 801s nor 901s did it for me, although by now, I very occasionally enjoy both.

I was, however, very glad when the eGo came out, because a standard 510 battery lasted me about 45-60 minutes, and that was annoying. For a day out, that equaled a TP plus several spare batteries, which wasn't exactly convenient. These days, a day out means one spare eGo (with a different flavour, too) and two 3ml-bottles. Now that is convenient.

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
I did a great deal of research before making a purchase (as I do with everything), was aware of the shortcomings of PVs that closely resemble cigarettes so started with a Chuck.

While I have acquired other PVs and now have several, I still use the Chuck almost exclusively every day.

'Had no idea what to choose in the poll.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Well,, I really can't say yet as I am waiting for my first delivery of an eGo. Not sure I would call it even close to analog replica exactly. But I have never seen on in my hands so maybe I voted here too soon and just should have commented.

No, I do not want my PV to look like an analog if I can help it.
I chose the second from the bottom, but I don't want one that I need a shoulder holster to use.
(or do I?) decisions!

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
I started with the KR808 V4L set up for ease of use. Along the way picked up l88b, m401/2/3, joye 306, DSE-901, eGo's, Riva's. I use them ALL! :) atty's and Cartomizers.

When I'm at home, usually it is eGo's or Riva's. DRIP.
When I'm out and about, it is usally 808's, or 306's, or 401's. (white with red, orange LED's) With Cartos.

Last edited:

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
It's really all about personal preference. It's not really that I have to have a PV that looks like an analog (although it certainly is nice to be able to vape in public with one and just blend into the crowd). It's just that I can't stand the way those huge mods look and feel. Every time I see one, all I can think of is Owen Wilson's line from "I Spy" when he's handed an enormous spy camera.

"Look at the size of this thing! Size matters, but in the spy world it's reversed. You're supposed to say 'Look how small and sexy and sleek this is... not how huge this is."

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
It's really all about personal preference. It's not really that I have to have a PV that looks like an analog (although it certainly is nice to be able to vape in public with one and just blend into the crowd). It's just that I can't stand the way those huge mods look and feel. Every time I see one, all I can think of is Owen Wilson's line from "I Spy" when he's handed an enormous spy camera.

"Look at the size of this thing! Size matters, but in the spy world it's reversed. You're supposed to say 'Look how small and sexy and sleek this is... not how huge this is."

Haha...made me lol!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
2 years ago, i had tried several varieties of PVs that looked like analogs. none of them were powerful enough, and all the batteries died too soon to be convenient. i quit using PVs entirely and went back to smoking:( 2 months ago a friend let me use her eGo and i was blown away. after her assurances that the battery lasted and that it was obvious the TH was powerful enough to be satisfying, i ordered one. haven't smoked since i opened the eGo box. i was a little bothered at first that it didn't look like an analog when i first looked at it. i got over it almost immediately. now i LIKE that it doesn't look like an analog.

jdh5484

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
I started with a standard 510. 10 batteries and a 5 battery charger bank. Then went with a tornado batt then the mega tonado batt (sucking on a magic marker). If I was going to continue to vape I would get an auot feed w/variable voltage. But I'm down to 2mg/ml and normal day less than 1-1.5 ml/day. When I do quit I'll keep the mega around with 0 nic for emergencies.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I did. I wanted something comparable in size to a cigarette, but not in color, so I got the Joye510 black starter w/blue LED; thought it would cut down the public concern if they caught me vaping with it being black/blue LED. It was only the frustration of low batt life that I opted to go the eGo route. I think the stainless steel mega batts I got for the 510s still look much neater than the eGo and prefer taking them in public and leave the eGo in the car. While driving, it's the eGo to cut down on distractions.

Meddog

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Houston
I'm sorry, but I think that your poll is slightly skewed and obviously is designed by one who believes that purchasing anything analog like is a waste of money. I started with an Ego in March, and honestly, neither size nor button was appealing. That investment cost about $100. I happened upon a Volt in April and was able to quit Analogs from day 1. That investment cost less than $75. I'm not the only one who has had this experience. I did not start out wanting something analog-ish, and honestly I did give it my best try, but it just isn't for me. Different things for different people, which is what makes life interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread