When you first started vaping did you think you needed a PV that looked like a cigarette?

Since I started vaping:

• I am still using and loving my analog replica.

• I am still using and loving my analog replica, but have other larger PVs that I use as well.

• Within a week, I "drawered" my analog replica PV for a bigger battery.

• Within a month, I "drawered" my analog replica PV for a bigger battery.

• I wish I never spent the intial money on the analog replica, it was a waste of money.

• I have a PV that is resembles an analog, but it has a larger battery.

• To heck with anything resembling an analog.....I suck tailpipes now!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
So...Were you like me when you first started vaping? Did you absolutely think you had to have and e cig the size of an analag? Wanted your e cig to imitate that of an analog?

If so, are you still using it?

My personal experience is that I knew I just HAD to have an e cig that completely imitated the analog in every way. Boy was I wrong :blink:. While the JoyE 510 really sent the point home that I could quit smoking cigarettes, with the great throat hit and wonderful flavors, the battery life was more than a bit frustrating. I quickly made a mad dash to something with a bigger battery and I'm so much happier.:D

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I didn't know there were other options besides NPro or NCig. I got the one with the word "Pro" in it, cuz "Pro" is, like, you know: better. :D

The very instant that I saw my first big-battery mod, I knew I had to have one. Unfortunately, I tried to save 20 bucks, and went with the one I didn't really want (I'm a slow learner). After that one, I bought a Silver Bullet. Since then I've bought a few more, but everything after the SB was something I wanted, not something I needed.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I'm still using my KR808D-1 and I doubt I'll ever move to anything else. My batts are always charged thanks to my passthrough. I only go through about 2 charges on a normal day. Sorry, I know you guys like the mods and all, I just wouldn't feel comfortable holding something to my lips that's the size of a car's transmission. Can't exactly be discreet with that.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
No, would be my answer to your question.

I wanted to quit smoking. I didn't want my ecig to look like a real cigarette because I thought it might serve as a reminder that I wanted to smoke a cigarette.

I also wanted to use my ecig in places where smoking is not allowed. Why draw attention to myself with something that looked like a real cigarette?

When I completed my personal evaluation, it came out to a stainless steel 510 unit that a casual observer might mistake for an ink pen.

Paula

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
My first was an npro - and I still use it at work where I have to stealth vape (as I only go in 3 days a week now and have my own office, it is easy to vape as long as I do nothing to draw attention ). I use them as they small and and light produces much less vapor then my egos - but I use my egos everywhere else.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I did want the analog effect at first, even down to colors. (white with orange led). I still don't want a huge cylinder, so I stick with KR8 batteries and now the Elegent which is still very small, just a bit wider. Kind of like a small cigar.

I absolutely don't want analog colors though. Black or chrome are cool with a blue led being my fave.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I really like the analog look and colors. sometimes I'm just not in the mood to answer a million questions and I just want to be left alone. It's really nice to pull out my KR808D-1 (White battery, orange LED, and white cool cart carto) and just blend in with the crowd without having to hear...

"What's that?"
"Where did you get it?"
"Is there crack in there?"
"The FDA says those are deadly."
Yadda. yadda, yadda.

I pull out the black and copper batteries when I'm around my friends.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
For my .02... I checked "resembles an analog but has a bigger battery," as Kr8's, 901's, and 510's are a bit bigger than cigs.

And I have no desire to "upgrade" to anything else.

I don't like 5v. I've tried it, and LR's, and neither are really my thing. And since I have a PCC for both my Kr8 and my 510, and a 510 PT, I don't find myself missing anything.

Kr8 in the mornings for the higher voltage, and then switching between my Kr8 (sometimes with a 901 atty) and my 510's through the day, as my whims take me.

I never find myself waiting on batteries. I only rarely ever touch my 901 LR. Nothing's missing.

I like that the models I use are small. I like that a 510 with a carto fits beautifully between my fingers when I write.

Maybe it's a hang-over from traveling in a suitcase so much, but I like stuff that is as small as possible, while maintaining as much functionality as can be reasonably expected. And the well-loved mini-sized e-cigs do that very well.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
When I bought my first PV, I didn't know any better. I thought that's just the way electronic cigarettes were, and that there were only a couple choices. Between the time I ordered and I took delivery, I discovered ECF. Upon advice received here, I never used the Knight Sticks (scam), but immediately ordered a KR808D-1 kit, and quit smoking two hours after it was delivered.

I've never had any desire for my PVs to resemble a real cigarette (that's what they're called). In fact, I hate the silly end tip LEDs which many of them have. That's one of the reasons I like PVs like the TorneGo and the Kissbox ... aside from the fact that they're great PVs, they lack that stupid LED tip.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Well - when I started, I bought a dse901 (well actually I didn't - it was a 4075). In those days (Feb 2009) there was only "cig-a-likes", things people made themselves, and the Screwdriver. Initially I though "those things (SDs) look daft" but then I saw a size comparison and realised they were actually quite small and neat, and as a petrolhead, the "engineering" look appealed. I also go sick of carrying around and charging umpteen 901 batteries... So I early April 2009 I bought my first SD, I'm still using it now (with just about every sort of atty and cart known - adapters are great) - I've never looked back.

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
There was no ego when I started so I picked up a 510 kit. About a month or so later I started using box mods. My 2x 14500 parallel mods served me well for a while since battery life and vapor production was much better than a single 14500. Now I have an Omega, I love that mod. I get a solid day and a half out of these 3000mah Ultrafire batts.

The quick vapor drop off is what annoyed my with standard batts.

Last edited:

jerry2111

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Liberty, Mo.
I started with a cig look a like, then found ecf got a 901, made a flashlight mod then I got some 902 atomizers with ex large cart, put zfm mod in them, ordered a screwdriver it came with 510 cartomizer, loved it still using. But my new best friend is a gold rush mod I got from madvaps, I use it at 3.7v with a 18650 batt lasts me 2 days heavy use. Its very big and I don't mind the questions, they need to know its out there. Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/5dmydc0834j

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I selected Within a month, I "drawered" my analog replica PV for a bigger battery. But the truth is that I no longer use the NJOY NPRO that I started out with. After several months I switched to a 510. It's about the same size as the NPRO (larger capacity cartridge, though), but it's all black so it looks more like a pen than like an analog. There wasn't any option that covered my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread