Not open for further replies.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
...and more people wondering where all the complaints are. Isn't that technically a complaint too?

If you are wondering about complaints in the various subforums, vendors have the right to delete anything they see fit.

If you are wondering about people posting in the open forums, aka REVIEWS and the like, then there would be cause for concern, but I haven't seen that happen.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well here is a link where you mostly praise but can complain as well
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reviews-suppliers/
and here is what appears to be a new sub where "whiners" can post
Discretion Advised - E-Cigarette Forum

Yes there are alot of whiners, but some legit complaints as well
if it is written with thought and not emotion.. I feel that it will help in the growth
of the supplier and better the quality for the consumer

with that being said... I see since this IS an open forum and anyone can join... that somethings get clouded since (pardon the expression) there isn't any trimming of the fat

The "haters" (a term which I believe is used too much) mess up the main points

The "blind" lovers do the same as well

ignoring the fact that just because some have no problems .. it is lead to mean there is no issue

I sure I fall into the trap at times.. since the written word is much harder to express tone and intent..than the spoken word

Now as far as the OP it really doesn't seem like there is an issue with complaining is there?

(I am sure this will fuel a spark.. but I am not comparing nor trying to boost my ego) I just call it how I (personally) view it.

I am also willing to bet.. that deleted threads have nothing to do with an issue being stated..but the above mentioned problems of making a thread to blow into uselessness so it either gets locked or deleted

Also some people like to flame (sometimes unintentional .. see written word v spoken word comment above)

ok.. that's that my one opinion wedged into the sea of opinions on a forum

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Im noticing that complaint threads about manufacturers and suppliers are being deleted. Why? This is suppose to be an open forum where we consumers can get honest and clear reviews about e-cigs, juice, accessories, mods, manufacturers and suppliers whether that information is good or bad.

Many $$$$ have been saved by exposing the business practices of many suppliers by us forum members. Is this not to continue?

Oy! Stepped into it on this one, jebey... ;)

No, in his defense, I have noticed more and more deleted threads in the suppliers section lately... I must also agree with the others... there are still mucho whiner-threads in here, as well... so using my logical brain, I must posit the following: There's a Whining Cap here on ECF!

Sure, it's nice to have a complaint or two on the board, but too many complaints make the forums look... ummm... too "busy".

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
haha, i think it's a totally valid question. Many people take umbrage with the idea of vendors deleting posts in their own subforums. However, those subforums are paid for by the vendors themselves.

I never notice if things actually get "deleted" from other threads, as so many posts occur throughout the day they might get buried, or some threads simply get LOCKED by admin so that it doesn't become a free for all.

I guess at the end of the day for me I like to think that the glass is 1/2 full, and that vendors worth the weight will do what they can do resolve things.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
@ jeb
one of mine? pm me the one you are looking for... and I will either find it or explain why it was deleted... I would rather not make it public until I know what you are talking about...

reason for pm... if it was a legit reason for deletion.. I don't want to open up the can of worms again since there are members with elephant memories

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
haha, i think it's a totally valid question. Many people take umbrage with the idea of vendors deleting posts in their own subforums. However, those subforums are paid for by the vendors themselves.

I never notice if things actually get "deleted" from other threads, as so many posts occur throughout the day they might get buried, or some threads simply get LOCKED by admin so that it doesn't become a free for all.

I guess at the end of the day for me I like to think that the glass is 1/2 full, and that vendors worth the weight will do what they can do resolve things.

Yes... Though it is noble of a vendor not to delete threads in their paid sub-forum.. They have an understandable right to delete whatever they so please...

I won't lie.. I am sure if I were a vendor I would be keeping my finger on the delete key :p ... not to cover up anything, but to maintain order.. because we all know how some threads are not well thought out... :D

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Last night another thread went up with a 10:00 pm deadline for it to be resolved. That thread is missing.

That wasn't a complaint thread. It was a ranting ultimatum and threat thread against a supplier who isn't even registered on the ECF in a social group forum. It did not belong, and was therefore deleted. That was my call to make, and I'll stand by that one.

If you have issues with the way this forum is run, I advise that you take a look at the forum rules where it tells you to bring these issues to either a moderator, or myself. You'll get your answers that way, rather than just asking forum members who can only guess about what's going on.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
That wasn't a complaint thread. It was a ranting ultimatum and threat thread against a supplier who isn't even registered on the ECF in a social group forum. It did not belong, and was therefore deleted. That was my call to make, and I'll stand by that one.

If you have issues with the way this forum is run, I advise that you take a look at the forum rules where it tells you to bring these issues to either a moderator, or myself. You'll get your answers that way, rather than just asking forum members who can only guess about what's going on.

And this IMO is how real complaints get watered down... if you didn't interject or
if people skip over your post Angus... it leaves the new wondering eye to jump to unbacked conclusions

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
Are you saying that a supplier can delete any post no matter what subforum it is under. I think for people who can't get problems resolved by dealing directly with the supplier should be able to complain and ask other members if they are having problems. I have complaints about a supplier but I am trying to deal directly with the supplier. If this cannot be resolved can I ask other members if they are having a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread