I got away with it at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss D

Feb 6, 2011
Anderson, SC, USA
I'm still waiting for my goodies (extremely anxiously waiting) so I don't have any stories yet...but I AM curious to see the looks and hear the comments and questions I'm sure to be receiving at work.

I'm a bartender at a bar that still allows smoking, and I am permitted to smoke behind the bar....talk about educating the analog-smokers!! I'm gonna be too busy preaching to make drinks! But still excited to do so :)

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I always ask and so far have had no problems. I play guitar with friends at an Inn every Sunday and the owner knows all about ecigs (I educated him) and if someone says anything while he is around he speaks up before I do!!!! LOL He is all for me not smoking cigarettes anymore. He is an ex-smoker himself so he supports the use of ecigs.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
I fully believe that everyone should be allowed their own personal space, and I will be respectful of others' personal space while vaping. This is basic common sense and common courtesy. While I also am a polite and respectful person ... I refuse to be bullied. I refuse to be "put in my place" by the uneducated masses and people who see "smokers" as easy targets to villainize. I will openly vape in open areas and larger spaces (always utilizing common sense) ... and I will help educate whomever I can.

For me, I'm not trying to "get away" with anything. That's the frame of mind antagonists would hope we have.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
let's see... I stealth vaped at the courthouse (in the lobby, not the courtroom), my daughter's choir concert, the movies, most stores and bars and anywhere I work. I work in film/theatre and you rarely get 'smoke breaks' so it's nice to just take a puff while I'm running from place to place.

The only negative reaction I've ever had was outside a walmart (not near the outside ashtray). I was on my phone before heading into the store and a woman walked by me right as I let out a puff. She fake coughed and waved her hand in front of her face (she was a good 5 ft from me)

I just put my LED against my forehead and said "IT'S NOT REAL!"

She just huffed and walked away.

Overall, I've had a really good response. I was vaping at a client's office one day off and on when people weren't around and the boss walked by right after I'd let out a puff. She thought she saw smoke and asked me about it. I just played dumb and said "I don't smell anything?"

She just said "hmm me either" and went on her way lol

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
(always utilizing common sense) ... and I will help educate whomever I can.

For me, I'm not trying to "get away" with anything. That's the frame of mind antagonists would hope we have.

+1

And am I the only one around here who can get through a grocery shopping trip or trip to the mall without having to vape??
:?::laugh:

I've vaped at the Pima County Fair but then again, you are allowed to smoke at the fair. I've stealth vaped at school when I started to have nicfits. The mall I'll use it, sometimes stealth if I'm in a crowd. I was at a shadow cast and before everything got started, I puffed a huge cloud up in the air. I got "no smoking weed in the second row" joking of course. I met some friends at a gas station and this lady pulled up and was about to chastise us but we immediately put them up to our hands. that's basically it.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
My coup de grace was vaping not just in the doctor's waiting room, but actually in the examination room under the watchful eyes of the doctor. My primary care doctor has become very interested in e-cigs and has been researching them as a means to help folks who wish to quit. I think I am the first vaper he has met and he now asks me about my progress on every visit.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
The thing is, this isn't smoking, it isn't smoke, it's vapor as we all know. I vape wherever I want and don't care what people think to be honest. Back when there were smoking sections in public places a few people made the mistake of challenging me and I can tell you that they regretted it. One time an airline put me in the smoking section on a flight by mistake, which was the first few rows back then, and I lit up anyway. So after a heated argument I ended up smoking in the aisle until they made me stop that, then I went and did it in the bathroom, back before they had smoke detectors there. So you can imagine that now, with this new cool toy, I'm going to have some fun, and I have. For instance I went up to someone I knew who worked in a store and asked her if smoking was allowed in here and then blew a big cloud in her face. To hell with anyone who doesn't like it :p

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Sorry.... cant condone the hospital vaping.
Just not enough data to support safety.... nor data to substanciate it unsafe... but even a small amount of a vascular change in a patient from nicotine could cause problems.

Your habit shouldnt hurt or have the potental to others...

Many hospitals allow vaping by inpatients so I would tend to think that its not as nearly as hazardous as you are implying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread