Where are the holes in the RN4072 atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yes Lu, that's a classic/penstyle size. I think I recall you saying you have a classic with manual switch from David Yang, if so, do the holes look like the Janty?

I've just had a look at an old RN4072 atomiser I have and can only find one slit-like hole at the rim.

No...they look like the ones I got from puresmoker. When I first saw all the vapor I got, I thought "Wow....this manual switch is great!" But when I tried that atomizer on my regular pen batt, I still had great vapor. That's when I checked the atomizer and saw the 4 holes. I then ordered some from PS and they were the same thing.

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The RN4072 holes (or should I say slits) are extremely difficult to perceive with the eye.

However, if you take a small pin and drag it along the edge where the black and gold meet - you'll easily be able to feel the slits.

Sheesh! Where were you about 6 weeks ago when I was trying to find the things....LOL

I have since given my brother all my old atomizers and strictly use the 4 holes....except I came across one left behind the other day. Just for the heck of it, I'm going to check it with the pin.

Dang....could have saved me a lot of time....and eyestrain! :p

There ya go equaz....give it the pin test!

Lu

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I was cleaning my RN4072 atomizer and the holes got clogged somehow. I ended up removing the collar at the top -- the piece that surrounds the brass fitting. It took some effort with a wire cutter, but it came clean off. I just wanted to post a photo in case anyone's interested in what's going on under there.

Turns out there are 4 "holes" -- notches actually, running vertically along the brass fitting. My camera sucks so the photo isn't great, but you can see one of the notches pretty well.

And removing that collar did clear up the clog, even though I have no idea what caused it.

Attachments

• P1280019a.jpg
    P1280019a.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 32

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
it's weird, usually I can find the holes but my new atz supposedly are 801's (stamped slb) and I can't spot any. I also got one of those lady pipes and the holes on that are massive. they sit around the middle hole. also these 801 atz do not make the connection with the lady pipe battery so they do not work with it and when I put the lady pipe atomizer on a regular pen-style battery, the connection was made but you could not get a drag as there was very little air-flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread