Status
Not open for further replies.

IndigoChild

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Sacramento, California, USA
Where can I learn about how ejuices are made including instructions on how to go about making your own (for any reason - mostly the sake of fun and hobby). And, where can I learn about building my own coils as well as instructions on what to do to at least get started? And lastly, I don't know what, "dripping," is exactly, but I'm also interested in learning about that and perhaps experimenting with that someday... I just need somebody to point me in the right direction as far as articles and info go - either on the forums or off of them - old conversation threads I'm sure would be helpful, too. My only vague understanding of, "dripping," is from this statement,

"After a month and a half I discovered dripping, and bought a REO Grand mechanical bottom feeder with a Reomizer 2.0 and my whole perspective of vaping changed. I started building many coils daily, experimenting with resistance, trying countless e-juice vendors. I loved dripping so much I ended up, at a point, with 4 REOs. Later I was introduced to genesis style RBAs, an AGA T2 to be specific. Not my cup of tea. Discovering the Kayfun was probably the best thing to ever happen, as I loved the intense, rich and dense flavor I got off it after different build attempts. Couple of weeks ago I managed to get a hold of a ZNA DNA30, and that paired with a Kayfun running a 1.8 ohm chimney coil at 20-24 watts is my daily workhorse."

Thanks,

--IndigoChild

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Well, ECF is the place you're looking for. Where to start....

There is a whole forum devoted to DIY e-liquids:

DIY E-Liquid

And another forum for rebuildable atomizers (including drippers):
Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

FYI, the Reo is actually a "bottom feeder" which is not exactly the same as a dripper.

Look around!

Welcome to ECF!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Where can I learn about how ejuices are made including instructions on how to go about making your own (for any reason - mostly the sake of fun and hobby). And, where can I learn about building my own coils as well as instructions on what to do to at least get started? And lastly, I don't know what, "dripping," is exactly, but I'm also interested in learning about that and perhaps experimenting with that someday... I just need somebody to point me in the right direction as far as articles and info go - either on the forums or off of them - old conversation threads I'm sure would be helpful, too. My only vague understanding of, "dripping," is from this statement,

"After a month and a half I discovered dripping, and bought a REO Grand mechanical bottom feeder with a Reomizer 2.0 and my whole perspective of vaping changed. I started building many coils daily, experimenting with resistance, trying countless e-juice vendors. I loved dripping so much I ended up, at a point, with 4 REOs. Later I was introduced to genesis style RBAs, an AGA T2 to be specific. Not my cup of tea. Discovering the Kayfun was probably the best thing to ever happen, as I loved the intense, rich and dense flavor I got off it after different build attempts. Couple of weeks ago I managed to get a hold of a ZNA DNA30, and that paired with a Kayfun running a 1.8 ohm chimney coil at 20-24 watts is my daily workhorse."

Thanks,

--IndigoChild

You can watch "youtube" videos on how to make your own ejuice and read here in the DIY Forum if you're looking to take up making your own juice. The same applies to building coils, use "youtube" and do a search on 'building coils' here in the forum. There are many tools out there to help make it easier. Read all you can about building and safety. Get familiar with Resistance/Ohms/Voltage. Most importantly get informed on battery safety and amperage. All this can be found right here at ECF by doing a search. There are forums specifically on what you want to learn so it shouldn't be too difficult.

A dripper is a rebuildable attomizer that you keep the wicking material wet manually by applying juice when it runs dry. There are plenty of posts here and vids on youtube to help you understand this better. Please feel free to ask more questions as you go along in your journey. Good luck!

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
DIY ELiquid

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. Make sure to read all the "stickies". Also check out the blogs by ECF members Hoosier & dannyv45.

DIY Recipe Sites

* ECF E-Liquid Recipes
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid Recipes UK
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes

Rebuildables

Before you get into building your own coils there are many things you will need to learn -- battery safety/ohms law/amp draw. Baditude is our battery/safety expert and he has 17 blog posts covering many of these topics. Read all the ones covering these topics (including the links in each blog).

Baditudes Blogs

IndigoChild

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Well, ECF is the place you're looking for. Where to start....

There is a whole forum devoted to DIY e-liquids:

DIY E-Liquid

And another forum for rebuildable atomizers (including drippers):
Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

FYI, the Reo is actually a "bottom feeder" which is not exactly the same as a dripper.

Look around!

Welcome to ECF!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That always helps :)

IndigoChild

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Before you get into building your own coils there are many things you will need to learn -- battery safety/ohms law/amp draw. Baditude is our battery/safety expert and he has 17 blog posts covering many of these topics. Read all the ones covering these topics (including the links in each blog).

Oh that's a good point... I was a physical science major but I hadn't even thought of any of that. Well... Guess science isn't exactly the same thing as engineering... Thanks for making a note of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread