Where do I go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just passed my one year anniversary since my last analog and it is all due to the incredible e-cigarette. And the only model I have used since day one has been the 510. I now pretty much use my 510 strictly through USB PT both at home and in the car. I guess I am wondering about all of the newer models, mods, and methods that everyone is now using so that I can determine what I might upgrade to. Should I go eGo? I am also very intrigued by the juice fed options that I have been seeing on this site. The thought of not having to drip every couple of minutes sounds really appealing.

Are there other models any of you would recommend that have long battery life so that I don't have to feel tethered to my PT all the time? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

By the way, even though I have been off the analogs for over a year now, this is my very first post on ECF. I guess it is because I have been so educated by all of the wonderful information this site provides, I just haven't felt the need to post until now.

Anyhow....thanks for the wonderful site:)

croman67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2010
Oregon
Wow! A whole year?!? Good job! I can't wait to be able to say that myself. I have overloaded myself with the 501's. lol I bought the starter kit that comes with 2 full sets, and then bought another kit that comes with 3 full sets. I'm so scared something will happen to 1 or 2. Then what? I don't want to smoke analogs ever again. I've also been tempted to get the eGo or Riva. But I need to calm myself down. I have 5 sitting here, and a passthrough. Do I really need more? hehe I think yes, but I will wait. Maybe!

Anyway, congrats on your year! :)

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
So I just passed my one year anniversary since my last analog and it is all due to the incredible e-cigarette. And the only model I have used since day one has been the 510. I now pretty much use my 510 strictly through USB PT both at home and in the car. I guess I am wondering about all of the newer models, mods, and methods that everyone is now using so that I can determine what I might upgrade to. Should I go eGo? I am also very intrigued by the juice fed options that I have been seeing on this site. The thought of not having to drip every couple of minutes sounds really appealing.

Are there other models any of you would recommend that have long battery life so that I don't have to feel tethered to my PT all the time? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

By the way, even though I have been off the analogs for over a year now, this is my very first post on ECF. I guess it is because I have been so educated by all of the wonderful information this site provides, I just haven't felt the need to post until now.

Anyhow....thanks for the wonderful site:)

are you my evil twin??? our stories are incredibly similar. loved my 510 and PT. just for kicks, i picked up an eGo a few weeks ago. i can tell you.... DO IT!!!! my eGo is my new holy grail!!!! i love it. it's weird saying, "i'm gonna go battery" but they last ALL DAY... good luck in your quest and Happy Anniversary!!!

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
The eGO is a great choice, but if you are looking for a juice feeder check out the Phidias on ECF at: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-forum/122134-phidias-celebration-sale.html
I use a REO, which I love, and just ordered the Phidias. It is on sale for $110 shipped. With the REO or the Phidias you have either a 3ml or 6ml feeder bottle and a large 18650 battery. Either unit will get you through more than a whole day of heavy vaping with no cart to fill, and no underpowered battery to worry about. It is, by far, the easiest and most hassle free vaping that I have found. You can use your 510 attys on either of these units.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Kudos to you on 1 year. I only have 10 more months to go to reach that. Like Croman67 I was so nervous about not having a PV around and reaching for an analog that I went a little over board. I love my 510 but battery life at 1/2hr was killing me so my gear now inclues 8 - standard batteries, 2 mega, 1 passthrough and 3 eGo. 10 atty's 25 cartomizers, 250 ml of juice, 50 cartos. My wife keeps asking me if I have enough stuff. I told her it is my new hobby then I go hide in my mancave with all my toys and vape away.

If you pick up an eGo you will really enjoy it. Again congrats!

Kudos to you on 1 year. I only have 10 more months to go to reach that. Like Croman67 I was so nervous about not having a PV around and reaching for an analog that I went a little over board. I love my 510 but battery life at 1/2hr was killing me so my gear now inclues 8 - standard batteries, 2 mega, 1 passthrough and 3 eGo. 10 atty's 25 cartomizers, 250 ml of juice, 50 cartos. My wife keeps asking me if I have enough stuff. I told her it is my new hobby then I go hide in my mancave with all my toys and vape away.

If you pick up an eGo you will really enjoy it. Again congrats!

Thanks!! I still can't believe that I have not slipped and had even ONE analog since going with the 510. It is really amazing to see the growth of not only this website, but of industry itself, in just the past year. I look forward to seeing how these products advance with more minds at work. Keep it up because you will have a year under your belt before you know it. Good luck!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Have you even WANTED an analog?? Maybe I have been so busy trying new toys and waiting for USPS to deliver that I can honestly say I have not even craved one. I smoked 1 - 2 packs a day for 27 years and after I bought my first e-cig I never even gave analogs another thought. I, like most, tried to quit many times and never succeeded.

Have you even WANTED an analog?? Maybe I have been so busy trying new toys and waiting for USPS to deliver that I can honestly say I have not even craved one. I smoked 1 - 2 packs a day for 27 years and after I bought my first e-cig I never even gave analogs another thought. I, like most, tried to quit many times and never succeeded.

That's the weird thing...I have never even been tempted to bum a cigarette or even buy that "emergency" pack for the car glove compartment. Besides the obvious nicotine addiction, I honestly think the brilliance of the e-cig is it's ability to mimic the hand to mouth and feel of a regular cigarette. Why no one thought of this years ago is a mystery to me. Best of luck to you!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I have both the inline PT and 5v PT (although my 5v PT jsut broke..again..and the battery seems to have died in my inline one lol) and a little while back I bought an eGo and also a Buzz. I used my PTs ALL the time, but now I never use them . Both my new PV have replaced my PTs and I honestly thought Id never say that because I really really loved my PTs.
I upgraded from a basic 510 as well btw.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
To Craving: No, you would not use a LR atomizer/cartomizer on a 5V passthrough. It would be too much for the LR and end up killing it pretty darn quick.

To Gypsy: Yes, all you would really need is the battery and the cone if you've got 510 parts. You might eventually want to get an eGo battery charger as supposedly the 510 will work but it takes longer than it would with the eGo specific charger.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! You deserve to buy yourself something nice and nice IS the eGo, lol! I really enjoy the eGo and also have a Riva, both of them are work horses. I just recently ordered the eGo usb batt passthrough from Janty, can't wait for it to get here and try it out. Btw...we're not too far from one another. I used to live in Camas and my sis still does :), I now live in Milwaukie, OR....welcome neighbor!

GypsyVisions

Aug 29, 2010
Tennessee
To Gypsy: Yes, all you would really need is the battery and the cone if you've got 510 parts. You might eventually want to get an eGo battery charger as supposedly the 510 will work but it takes longer than it would with the eGo specific charger.

Thanks! So much cheaper than buying a whole new kit.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!

Also: you need an adapter to charge the eGo on a 510 charger eGo charger adapter since they're slightly different sizes. But the adapter is cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread