Where do you order your wick and wire from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Hey, I want to start rebuilding my mini protank 2 coils once I go through my ordered ones. I have an ego twist and I want to shoot for somewhere between 2.0-2.5ohm coils. I want to get 2mm silica, 1mm silica for flavor wicks, and 32 gauge kanthal.

I found this site that supplies them, is this a good option?
Rebuildables
They seem to be out of stock on some of the things I need though.

Any other options?

Also will my built coils last longer than the ones that came with my order? I feel like it's not much of a big deal since I can either clean or just wrap a new coil when I feel my vapor production has decreased, and do it at a low price.

Should I clean my coils once a week to get more out of them?

Thanks.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
eBay is your friend! Kanthal A 1 Wire 32 Gauge 0080 Resistance Heating Wire 100 Ft | eBay

As for wick, I just use cotton balls. You can go the lazy route and get Peaches & Cream cotton yarn from Walmart for $1.47 for 120 yards. If you MUST be a stickler and use silica, Fasttech has it dirt cheap, and there are some suppliers here stateside that have it reasonable as well. Here's one Ekowool - Diamond Vapor

Wrapping your own should help them last longer, generally you'll use better quality materials than the OEM folks do. For cleaning, you should be doing that once a week anyway, a lot of juices gunk up the wicks over time, and not much time indeed.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I hear that people boil the cotton or something before they use it. I live in a dorm room and I don't have my electric tea kettle yet lol. I have a torch lighter for the wick and wire.

i never boil the cotton and use it all the time

i get the cvs medical cotton that is already sterile...i dont know why people boil it

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
i never boil the cotton and use it all the time

i get the cvs medical cotton that is already sterile...i dont know why people boil it

Standard cotton balls, cosmetic cotton, yarn, etc that do not say sterile on them more than likely have some sort of additive or something in them, otherwise they would be stated as sterile right? Boiling things that may not be sterile is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread