Where/how do you store your "toys"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Hi all,

well, I didn't think vaping was going to turn into a hobby interest, but it's happening anyway ...

My wife and I currently only have two basic 510 starter kits but we're anticipating putting together more of a collection over the next few months. I just wondered how others store their vaping appliances - spare units, batteries, chargers, juice, etc. I mean home storage rather than carrying cases.

H

DinosaurVapor

Moved On
Nov 11, 2009
Spokane, WA
Hi all,

well, I didn't think vaping was going to turn into a hobby interest, but it's happening anyway ...

My wife and I currently only have two basic 510 starter kits but we're anticipating putting together more of a collection over the next few months. I just wondered how others store their vaping appliances - spare units, batteries, chargers, juice, etc. I mean home storage rather than carrying cases.

H

just on my top book shelf so my cat cant get it

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
The one I've ordered is around 18x8x8 (inches), it has a little lidded organizer thingy like a small tackle box that sits in there as well (useful for atties, batteries, carts, droppers and other small things). :)

(I was hoping it would be here today actually, but it didn't turn up..maybe it'll get here tomorrow). :(

Last edited:

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Tackle boxes seem to be a popular option!

I hope my lady doesn't come across this thread (if she does, hi honey!) but I just found an antique Chinese "curio cabinet" for a decent price on eBay, which I'm planning to give her as a late birthday gift. About 18"/12"/7", with a drawers and shelves, etc. My idea is to mod it a bit by drilling a couple of discreet holes in the back to allow for power cords to be fed through.

I wonder if there will ever be a market for purpose-made "vaping cabinets"?

H

julianka

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
NE Pennsylvania
I've got an Altoids tin on my desk, a big Hersheys tin (my husband came up with it somewhere) in the bathroom, also known as "the lab" where I make my DYI juice, also on my desk is a neat little compartmented plastic case I just bought at Joann for $1.99, that's been designated as the 401 series case. And something that works really well for spare parts and it could be a carrying case if you don't care about high style - those little plastic soap containers at Walmart in the travel accessories section near the pharmacy. They're 99 cents or 1.00 each and they're just the right size for batteries, even long ones without the atty attaches, and I'm holding six bottles of Lorann flavoring in one, it's a perfect fit.

- Judy

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
Shreveport/Bossier City,LA
i bought a 4 foot long table to go in my office and i got three big plastic boxes with drawers(for menthol crystals,accessories,juice,etc...) and a smaller 5 drawer box (for batteries,atomizers,extra small parts etc...) and a big tackle box for more extra stuff. got all my chargers set up and ready to go. voltage meter, laptop and several other things on my vape table.

jamaesi

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Penn's Woods
www.allbeliefs.com
I don't have anything fancy for mine. I have a small pink zippered bag I picked up at a secondhand store. It's really a really thick fabric. I keep business cards from vendors (to hand out), toothpicks, polyfil, extra carts/atties/batteries each in their own small plastic bag. (I use the small plastic bags that e-liquid gets mailed in.) Then I have a couple bottles of liquid (always coffee and RY4 and then whatever other flavours I'm enjoying ATM) thrown in there. Zip it shut and keep it with me at all times.

All my extra stuff gets put in a hard plastic case that snaps shut tightly and is hard to open. I put it on a high shelf so my companion animals can't get into it- I've got 2 parrots, 5 cats, 1 dog lose in the house, I don't want them to get hurt. The cockatoo is like a little kid who sticks her beak into everything and one of my cats is still a kitten (well, he's almost full grown but still my baby) who will steal e-cigs and extra batteries if you just set them down for a second unattended! 8-o I keep the e-cig I'm currently using in a Leaford Lanyard so it's away from him and for some strange reason he ignores the USB passthrough.

Lyndale

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Wisconsin
I keep my stuff randomly strewn about my house. My batts are either on chargers of on the living room coffee table. Attys are either in my Lowepro memory card case or on the living room coffee table. DIY juice stuff is in the toolbox that came with my mixing kit, and that's currently in the kitchen. I'm planning on getting another Plano tacklebox to actually consolidate this mess I call a habit.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
fbazir.jpg

Tools: Tweezers, ruler, polyfill, labels, pens, tiny bags, droppers, etc.
Source Liquid: 18-24 mg juice yet to be cut or DIYed. I also keep a 30ml bottle of 50/50 PG/VG for mixing and cutting.
Empty bottles: Lots in whatever size suites me (3ml-30ml). Next to that you can see my sample kit from JC came in... today! Love the little tin. Next to it is a bottle showing how I label now. Good and Plenty™ is DIY using Anise oil. My favorite.
Ready To Use: mostly spare parts and a place to keep my Lorann flavorings.
Miscellaneous: Spare cases, who knows what else.
Cartridges: You'll notice there's two Styrofoam cups cut down to fit. One for dirty and one for clean. When I'm in the mood I toss out a cart and get a new one. Restuff them about once a month.

To the far right is my glycerin and propylene glycol. The box came with my original JC sample kit. Keep empty 30ml bottle and duplicate Lorann flavors. And right up front is my Daffe 510, with a whistle tip at the moment. Looks cooler with the round carts.

Works well for me because I only use the right side when I'm vaping. And I use the left side when I'm mixing. On the shelf above I keep my finished juices in my old ashtray, so I can grab some before I head out the door. Here's a old picture of how I used to label them. Can you tell I like differnt flavors?

118pyr4.jpg

--Prof Daffy
P.S. I've been using this set up for the last 6 months. This area used to be coated with cigarette ashes. Yuck!

Araddoman

Oct 30, 2009
A glass computer desk in my bedroom that I used to use to roll my own smokes is now my mixing area. Have all my equipment, flavorings, pg, vg sitting on it arranged. Keep my PCC on a little coffee table in the living room, where it also charges when I need it to. Have a little setup by an outlet in the corner of my living room where I have my wall charger. Only have a couple bottles of different juice made up now, and both generally are where I am at, along with my e-cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread