Where is everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm at WORK! Bleh 10 hour night shift. It is FREEZING in DC! I sat on side of the road hunting all through my car for my EZ Pass, which fell off the windshield, so I could get to work. After 15 minutes of freezing my .... off, I finally found it STUCK to the BOTTOM of my bookbag =S Long coats only work if you arent bending over crawling into the bottom of your car; that dang wind goes right UP! 0.0

Have some WARM wishes for your WARM heart and let the warmth seep through the rest of your body =)

Bluesmom

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Tennessee - Chattanooga
Happy holidays mom's

.... it's not at all too early for hibernation. the best hibernating is from when the days get really short until they get noticeably longer and warmer again...

Correct CES, But for me there is a lull between New Year celebrations and Valentines day, that time of year seems to be my hibernation period. But come spring I'm looking for a good beach vacation destination so I can get my sun induced vitamin D. Till then I will settle in with a good Cappuccino vape.

I am still around... I have just been very crazy. It took 3 weeks to get my daughter into school here because we were missing 1 stupid piece of paper!!! Since we are renting a condo till the new house is ready I needed a letter from the owner of the condo stating specific things... and with my luck she decided to go to Argentina until Dec 16th!!! So I had to figure out a way to get this letter signed... yadda, yadda yadda... lol... anyway.. finally got her into school this week.

I have to drive my daughter back & forth to school ... its about 30 minutes or so from where we are renting and where we will be living. I put her in the school that she would have been going to if the house was ready when we moved. I did not want her to have to change schools again. So each day after I drop her off & go back & pick her up I go over to the new house to check on what is happening there. lol... the project manager there just loves me!! He sees me twice a day now.

I just can't wait to be in my own house again... feels strange living in someones else place.

Bluesmom

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Tennessee - Chattanooga
Hi Ravens Rose,
Wow, new house, How exciting. Hope you get to move in and enjoy your new home soon.

So tell me, how are you finding the southern accent? I am southern born (Georgia, now Tennessee) and sometimes I encounter people that I can't understand..with that being said I hope the people of Florida are giving you a big welcome, Southerners are among the warmest people in the world and the food is awesome, fattening but still awesome.
Wish you much happiness in your new home.

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Hi Ravens Rose,
Wow, new house, How exciting. Hope you get to move in and enjoy your new home soon.

So tell me, how are you finding the southern accent? I am southern born (Georgia, now Tennessee) and sometimes I encounter people that I can't understand..with that being said I hope the people of Florida are giving you a big welcome, Southerners are among the warmest people in the world and the food is awesome, fattening but still awesome.
Wish you much happiness in your new home.

I'm in metro ATL and I find that once outside of that area, it's like a foreign language! I've lived here much of my life, but grew up as a navy brat, on both coasts, and Hawaii. I lived in Florida for a few years when I was married, but it's such a transient area (Eglin AFB) that most of the accents were literally foreign.

Right now we're having ridiculously cold temps for this time of year in Atlanta, and I'm finding it hard to stay out of hibernation mode. I'm in my house, with the heat on, wearing a hoodie with the hood up, two pairs of socks, and I dread typing, because my fingers are like ice!!! Aaagh!

Last edited:
haha... yes I have noticed a few different accents around here and food is EVERYWHERE. Most people I can understand but there has been a few that holy wow!!! I did not have a clue what they were saying. They probably all think the same about me though... I am born & raised in NJ but have a NY accent on certain words. (My whole family is from NY)

Everyone has been very nice here. The pace is a bit slower than I am use to. I was so happy to hear that the kids in the school were very nice to my daughter. She was very nervous about a new school. Plus now she is in a school that is K-5th instead of back in NJ where she was in a school that was 4th - 8th. Personally I think that's rough to put 4th graders in with 7th & 8th graders.

I am wondering if anyone here knows that turn signals exist! :facepalm: lol.. and someone please tell me what the little blue things are in the middle of the roads! :confused: haha and I am sure if I asked most of them where a jughandle is they would look at me like I had 6 heads! :laugh:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am still around... I have just been very crazy. It took 3 weeks to get my daughter into school here because we were missing 1 stupid piece of paper!!! Since we are renting a condo till the new house is ready I needed a letter from the owner of the condo stating specific things... and with my luck she decided to go to Argentina until Dec 16th!!! So I had to figure out a way to get this letter signed... yadda, yadda yadda... lol... anyway.. finally got her into school this week.

I have to drive my daughter back & forth to school ... its about 30 minutes or so from where we are renting and where we will be living. I put her in the school that she would have been going to if the house was ready when we moved. I did not want her to have to change schools again. So each day after I drop her off & go back & pick her up I go over to the new house to check on what is happening there. lol... the project manager there just loves me!! He sees me twice a day now.

I just can't wait to be in my own house again... feels strange living in someones else place.

You make sure to tell that foreman that he better install extra wiring and wall outlets EVERYWHERE.. especially the garage.. Surround sound in the ceiling, etc etc. Ya just can't go back and put that stuff in. If you take him some coffee and donuts, he'll probably just throw it in. :)

You make sure to tell that foreman that he better install extra wiring and wall outlets EVERYWHERE.. especially the garage.. Surround sound in the ceiling, etc etc. Ya just can't go back and put that stuff in. If you take him some coffee and donuts, he'll probably just throw it in. :)

lol... we had them run LAN, cable, phone, speaker wire, ceiling fan rough ins, recessed lights etc. through the entire house including the lanai...

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
im here watching.....always watching.... :)

you little freak......

And there's never enough outlets in the garage. It's a guy thing.

WRONG! If I had my way I would live in the garage....surrounded by alternating 110 and 220 outlets on dedicated circuits.......and a heated floor....with a drain in it. Simplifies cleaning.

Last edited:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
WRONG! If I had my way I would live in the garage....surrounded by alternating 110 and 220 outlets on dedicated circuits.......and a heated floor....with a drain in it. Simplifies cleaning.

OK, OK, OK.......to all of you..... I should have known better than to make a comment like that in this community.

How 'bout... "It's a POWER Thing". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread