Where to get a carto punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Say err, I just ordered a dct and some pre-punched cartos why are you folks drilling your own holes when they make pre-punched ones?

And crispy critter how are you making the hole in the plastice ce2 tubes?

Because most cartos come with only 1 hole pre-drilled and it's not enough for some juices.... I like 2 holes, 3 is too many and 2 hole cartos are very hard to find so I just punch my own 2nd hole.... :)

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I'm not even sure the newer thicker plastic CE2's would fit in a tank but slotting them with a dremel would be easy as pie even on a slow setting..I use cutoff wheels. Even the stainless tubed XL CE2's I use the cutoff wheel goes through it almost like a butter knife through butter.

Another option with CE2's is you can just cutout most of the center of the tubes just leaving enough at the bottom to go into the tank and a piece at the top just long enough to go through the tank into the rubber cup of the CE2 :)

That just sounds brilliant right there. I'm gonna give it a try.

ScottGChi

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2012
Chicago
I really wanted the Siam Mods carto punch that COV and some others carry, but no one ever seemed to have them in stock. So I finally got the saddle valve thingy and it works fine for me. Although, I looked in every Lowe's and Home Depot in Chicago and could never find it. Finally, I got OCD in the aisle and looked at every item on the shelves and found it but it only came as a kit with some other parts and like 6 feet of plastic tubing for like 10 bucks. So keep that in mind when the 16 year old kid at Home Depot helping you has no clue what your talking about.

CromsDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Columbia, SC USA
+1 on the saddle valve. I also wanted one of the COV ones but at the time I was going to buy, they were out of stock. I found a self piercing saddle valve at Mcmaster-Carr (McMaster-Carr) for only $10. I went ahead and bought three thinking that when they wore out i would just replace it when i needed to but I am still on the first one. It punches a perfect hole every time and doesn't depress the metal or warp it like I have scene some others do. The item # is 4863k11.

CM

(Edit -- I use 70/30 PG juice and i never have to use more than one punch. I have had zero wicking issues with this setup.)

Last edited:

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA

Works great. The tip is designed to not make the holes too big. It's more like a pin with backstop instead of just a point, so it just pops through without the hole getting bigger and bigger as you turn. Has the adjustable depth setting you can set and lock in place to get the hole in the right place everytime on non-flanged cartos. The V2 works with flanged cartos too. Doesn't take up a lot of space either.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

I have and like this plus they have 15% off this weekend. Shipping is low too. I got mine during a 15% off sale and it was right at $30 shipped. The holes are small though so I do need to make two holes for my 50/50 blends using this punch.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Interesting aside to this, I went to my local harbor freight tools over the weekend, looking for both a dremmel tool and a saddle valve. The guy who was helping me was asking me "ok well what are you trying to accomplish" so I started tell him, showing him my equipment and he went totally crazy. He was like "WHAT??? THAT THING IS AMAZING WHERE CAN I GET ONE? It keeps you off cigarettes? they have different flavors?"

I half wanted to invite him over for a beer to see my collection of stuff, but I didn't. I just sent him to my vapor store for a starter kit lol.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Interesting aside to this, I went to my local harbor freight tools over the weekend, looking for both a dremmel tool and a saddle valve. The guy who was helping me was asking me "ok well what are you trying to accomplish" so I started tell him, showing him my equipment and he went totally crazy. He was like "WHAT??? THAT THING IS AMAZING WHERE CAN I GET ONE? It keeps you off cigarettes? they have different flavors?"

I half wanted to invite him over for a beer to see my collection of stuff, but I didn't. I just sent him to my vapor store for a starter kit lol.

Well that's one way to get another convert I suppose. :) I keep the ECF business cards and some business cards for my local vape shop with me most of the time to give out if questioned.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
holepunch.jpg

Free- easy to make in a few minutes and works better than the slotting or saddle valve ive tried...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...le-punch-best-punch-ive-used.html#post6234540

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA
I think I will head over to harbor freight in search of a dremel tool then. I like the idea of using a ce2 rather than a polyfill carto in the tank though I've not tried the tanks yet but just ordered one. So slow speed will make a decent hole? I've got a bunch of old tubes laying around, guess I will practice. I would think using a ce2 would largely do away with the need to prime a carto.

Where are you putting the hole in the tube?

You, um talking about something like this?

IMAG0011.jpg
IMAG0012.jpg
IMAG0010.jpg

I put two holes in the CE2 with a hot yarn needle. One under the top tank cap and one above the lower tank cap. 1/8in in dia. each. Bottom one is for feeding liquid in, and the top one is to allow the tank to breathe during use and filling. Yes, the whole clearo is in there. It's hard to see when the tank and clearo is filled with liquid. Near invisible. After making the holes I put the clearo in the tnak from the bottom of the tank up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread