Where'd ya get that name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkest

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Nashville TN
Gee, I'm embarrassed to admit it but years ago I was a beta tester for AOL when they first came out with 16 letter names or whatever it was. I was in pretty bad place in my life and used to distract myself by going into chat rooms and starting with people. Pathetic I know, but I had a lot of fun and it it took my mind off the reality of the time. Anyway, I used the screen name "My Darkest Side" and everyone on-line started calling me Darkest and it kinda stuck. My life is much different now and I'm in a much better place but still use it because I think it sounds kinda cool. My friends call me Jon :)

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
My avatar is a clue. I'm originally from Manchester and the starling is practically the city's official bird. I remember huge clouds of them filling the sky every autumn when they migrated.

Well I migrated - or strayed, you might say - too, to a place where I'm an invasive species who likes it here and has decided to stay for a while.

There's also a really obscure TV movie reference in there.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
My avatar is a clue. I'm originally from Manchester and the starling is practically the city's official bird. I remember huge clouds of them filling the sky every autumn when they migrated.

Well I migrated - or strayed, you might say - too, to a place where I'm an invasive species who likes it here and has decided to stay for a while.

There's also a really obscure TV movie reference in there.

And you ended up in Seattle? What was her name?

My ex-boyfriend was from Southampton and he ended up here for a girl. LOL Poor thing. I think he likes it here better though - its warmer

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
And you ended up in Seattle? What was her name?

My ex-boyfriend was from Southampton and he ended up here for a girl. LOL Poor thing. I think he likes it here better though - its warmer

Haha! No, it wasn't a girl, it was spur of the moment opportunity for a job somewhere I hadn't been before.

Plus, it is warmer here which is nice.

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
I like the soylent green, gotta be about 45 to know that one! Great movie!

Nuh-uhhh...I'm 38 and have loved that movie since I was a teen...my Mom was cruel and made us watch the oldies...I love the Jewish guy (can't remember his name) thrilled to have strawberry jam ;)
Also love Logan's Run too...and the blob....got nightmare's from that one

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
Nuh-uhhh...I'm 38 and have loved that movie since I was a teen...my Mom was cruel and made us watch the oldies...I love the Jewish guy (can't remember his name) thrilled to have strawberry jam ;)
Also love Logan's Run too...and the blob....got nightmare's from that one
The Blob!! I remember that one.:D
Sadly though I am 45.:(

chokmah

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Austin Texas
Mine came from a book I read a long time ago. The Dragonlance series. There's a character named Tasslehoff Burrfoot and he was a Kender. Gotta be one of my all time favorite characters. I used it with AOL and I guess I'm still using it. Some things never change.

I loved that series... and that character lol..

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Because I spend so much of my time, looking at the sky... day or night it is always beautiful.

SANY0295.jpg

SANY0498.jpg

SANY0497.jpg

IMG_2511a.jpg

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
:oops: sorry ikenmoke, i hope you don't think i was trying to be disparaging, i thought is was quite endearing. :)

and now i feel like an idiot for referring to Thanasis as "I Am". lol

sorry Imeo... oops did it again. :oops: lol

Ofcoarse I don't find it disparaging! If anything hilarious! My daughter was crazy about candy cigarettes because Daddy smokes, she used to say the same thing. Now she has her own batteries to charge and blow through and yes ikenvape!

Don't feel that way!Well how are We supposed to know imeo meant I am? Lol

WildSky those are Beautiful!!!!

Last edited:

Phalse

ECF Veteran
I loved that series... and that character lol..

Did you two read Azure Bonds? D&D forgotten realms though, published around the same time as dragonlance chronicles with tasselhoff burrfoot and tanis, rastlin :)

We hope you read Homeland with the drow? :) FR setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread