The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Which 6v mod?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Markus, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Markus

Markus Full Member Verified Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'm trying to decide which 6V mod to get, I'm looking at either the Alpha UltraMax or a Silver Bullet.

Thank you!

2. Thulium

Thulium Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The Alpha Ultramax is definitely nice looking, but I'm not familiar with it and it seems a bit expensive for a mod that doesn't have variable voltage and doesn't appear to be large enough for 18650 batteries. The 17670's are almost as large, but not as common and don't have the capacity of the slightly larger 18650's.

Between the two, I think I'd recommend the Silver Bullet. It's a very well built "classic" tube mod and less than half the price.

3. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    I would get a 5 volt over a 6 volt. Many find that level the "sweet spot". GLV2 would be my suggestion. I have read good reviews on the Silver Bullet.

4. charmed412

charmed412 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Between those two, Silver Bullet without a doubt. I haven't broken mine yet and I break everything....

5. RupertFranklyn

RupertFranklyn Full Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Or go with a Maxi Roughstack from madvapes.com and just pick up different batteries for whatever voltage you want. I use mine at 3.7, 5, 6 and 7.4. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

6. Markus

Feb 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for all the replies!

@RupertFranklyn: I had found that model yesterday, but I'm not sure if I like the button on it. But it definitely has the price advantage

7. RupertFranklyn

RupertFranklyn Full Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Long Island, N.Y.
    One of the best features of the RS is the button on the top. You can keep it in your pocket all day and it will never fire. Another great perk, it's all replaceable parts! You can replace the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers.

8. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    The Indulgence is another option quite a bit like the Maxi Roughstack. There's a pic of it in my signature. It's about twice the price of the RS but is much nicer looking and has a fairly recessed button so doesn't go off as easily as some. I'm real happy with mine but use it at 6v mostly. The Omega is much more popular though than the Indulgence but you don't get the various voltages.

9. Markus

Feb 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    thanks tmcase, I found a 6v kit for the indulgence for $105. I'll probably end up buying the alpha ultramax, but I'll do some more research on the indulgence

10. tmcase

Apr 20, 2011
    If you found it at Vapor Junction, you might be able to get it for $95 with the discount code if it is still available. I emailed the vendor for it. I forgot to mention that the Indulgence comes with 4 different thread caps but you probably saw that at the site. I'm not trying to change your mind about what PV to get, just letting you know your options. Good luck.

11. Scotay87

Scotay87 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2011
    Pacific North West
    The Megalodon............ you can do all volts and go stealth with mini Don......... And everything is replaceable....

12. Markus

Feb 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    thanks, I appreciate that! It seems like a great device, but the big non-removable letters on the mod should be optional, not a big fan of that personally.

13. tmcase

Apr 20, 2011
    There's no writing on the 6v sleeve.

14. Markus

Feb 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    also an interesting choice I hadn't paid attention to before. Thanks

15. Scotay87

Scotay87 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2011
    Pacific North West
    I love mine..... Mostly go with it at 3.7 because I have yet to get some higher resistance attys... The mini mode is sweet in size.... One of the smallest tube mods when that way... When in mini mode it is roughly a drip tip longer than standard 808 with the carto....

16. vapomike

vapomike Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
    Hickory, NC (USA)
    I wouldn't suggest the silver bullet for 6v vaping. As it is a sealed device and if you have a battery failure it could be ugly. Altsmoke even says the silver bullet is designed to hold ONE protected battery and highly discourages stacking batteries in the device. It's up to you but I'm just saying...

17. Markus

Feb 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    great point, I was researching the whole safety issue with that. Is that a problem with the Ultramax as well? I would think not, given that innovapor sells them with batteries for 6v mode, but then again I don't know much about batteries.

18. Thulium

Thulium Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Because the Silver Bullet does not have a specific vent hole, it is very important to only used protected batteries but if a battery does ever vent in the silver bullet, I believe it does have enough ventilation that it should not be seriously dangerous.

19. vapomike

vapomike Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
    Hickory, NC (USA)
    I'm not sure on the ultramax and the venting. Maybe someone else is more familiar with that model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.