Which 6v mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alpha Ultramax is definitely nice looking, but I'm not familiar with it and it seems a bit expensive for a mod that doesn't have variable voltage and doesn't appear to be large enough for 18650 batteries. The 17670's are almost as large, but not as common and don't have the capacity of the slightly larger 18650's.

Between the two, I think I'd recommend the Silver Bullet. It's a very well built "classic" tube mod and less than half the price.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The Indulgence is another option quite a bit like the Maxi Roughstack. There's a pic of it in my signature. It's about twice the price of the RS but is much nicer looking and has a fairly recessed button so doesn't go off as easily as some. I'm real happy with mine but use it at 6v mostly. The Omega is much more popular though than the Indulgence but you don't get the various voltages.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
thanks tmcase, I found a 6v kit for the indulgence for $105. I'll probably end up buying the alpha ultramax, but I'll do some more research on the indulgence

If you found it at Vapor Junction, you might be able to get it for $95 with the discount code if it is still available. I emailed the vendor for it. I forgot to mention that the Indulgence comes with 4 different thread caps but you probably saw that at the site. I'm not trying to change your mind about what PV to get, just letting you know your options. Good luck.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
also an interesting choice I hadn't paid attention to before. Thanks
I love mine..... Mostly go with it at 3.7 because I have yet to get some higher resistance attys... The mini mode is sweet in size.... One of the smallest tube mods when that way... When in mini mode it is roughly a drip tip longer than standard 808 with the carto....

Markus

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I wouldn't suggest the silver bullet for 6v vaping. As it is a sealed device and if you have a battery failure it could be ugly. Altsmoke even says the silver bullet is designed to hold ONE protected battery and highly discourages stacking batteries in the device. It's up to you but I'm just saying...

great point, I was researching the whole safety issue with that. Is that a problem with the Ultramax as well? I would think not, given that innovapor sells them with batteries for 6v mode, but then again I don't know much about batteries.

great point, I was researching the whole safety issue with that. Is that a problem with the Ultramax as well? I would think not, given that innovapor sells them with batteries for 6v mode, but then again I don't know much about batteries.

Because the Silver Bullet does not have a specific vent hole, it is very important to only used protected batteries but if a battery does ever vent in the silver bullet, I believe it does have enough ventilation that it should not be seriously dangerous.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)

I'm not sure on the ultramax and the venting. Maybe someone else is more familiar with that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread