Which attys are best for tasting different flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalClaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
NYC
Hi everyone!

I'm still very new to vaping and was wondering which you prefer to use when testing juices: an atty or a clearomizer? Which make/model do you think is best for testing flavors? I have an e-power and kgo and recently purchased an embarrassing amount of juices I'd like to try, without wasting cartos..

Anyone have a link that shows how to use either to test? Is this called "dripping"?

And a random question: are single coil or dual coil cartos the best choice for vaping?

As always, your advice/thoughts/comments are appreciated!!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
You want to use atomizers because they are easier to clean afterwards. Yes, it's called dripping. Youtube has tons of videos on it. It's fairly easy to learn to do.

As for single or dual coils, it's a matter of preference as to what your taste buds tell you. I like both Boge 2ohm and dual coils for proprietary batteries like the KGO. But please keep in mind that low resistance stresses your battery's switch. The key is to not let the battery itself get hot. If you have more than one, rotate them to allow for cooling and proper wicking.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Def use attys to test juices, not cartos. Once you know you like a juice, fill a carto.

Single or dual coil is really a preference. Personally I think dual coils only really shine when used in the 4-5V range. On a 3.7V PV or a 3.3-3.4V eGo their really nothing special. I think alot of people use them bc they think their better but personally I find that a good single coil can produce just as much vapor when used at the lower voltages.

I use an Epower too, and the cartos I use daily are the Ressurectors from CCV. They are 1.7ohm single coil and hold alittle over 2ml of juice. They are awesome and will work great on your Epower and kGo. I've tried a few dual coils and I didn't think they were really any better on a 3.7V PV. The Ressurctors produced vapor similar to a DC and they won't drain your battery like a dual coil does. Plus the DCs burn thru alot more juice

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...yep, you drip a couple r 3 drops at a time on an atty and vape it 4-5-6 times and repeat...great for testing juice...cartos and cartos tanks are amongst the best fiddle free vaping option(not the only)...tastes are subjective...I haven't been impressed with dual coils on a 3.7v PV...way to weak in all aspects but, some love them...DCCs REALLY shine at higher voltages where you can seriously drive both coils...once again, for me, the best vaping on a 3.7v PV is something like the Resurrectors(smoktech 1.7ohm single coil XL cartos)...hard to beat for a comfortably warm, flavorful vape...add a carto tank to them and it is like a newly filled carto...all the time............
madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread