Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi guys. Can I use my INR 18650 Samsung 20A battery with a .5 coil and try out 50 watts? I have a new mod.I have looked through the titles and searched all day but don't exactly know what I need in terms of battery. I don't even know how to use the calculators properly. Can someone direct me to some info which would help me. Thanks

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
If you're using a mechanical mod, go to an Ohm's law calculator and enter voltage = 4.22 V (a fully charged battery) and resistance = 0.5 Ohm, and see what you get. (It's 8.44 A and 35.62 W.)

If you're using a regulated mod, enter power = 50 W and voltage = 3 V (a reasonably depleted battery) and see what you get. (That's 16.67 A.)

So yes, with a 20A battery you can do that.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
if your mod is regulated, go to the official manufacturers site and they recommend what type of battery to use with it. usually they recommend 20A or higher batteries in which samsung is fine. IF it is a regulated (I assume so since you are stating a 0.5coil and saying you want to run it at 50 watts). Batteries in regulated mods dont have to be worried about as much as they do in mech mods, as long as you use the manufacturer suggested batteries or higher, they tell you what battery minimum is best to take full advantage of their mods/board.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
A Dovpo mini 50w and a kanger subtank mini at the mo. Im a little dim and I just don't know what i'm looking for. I guess amperes is most important to me but I don't know what i'd need just to try it at 50 watts (not all the time, but just to have a go). Cheers

its a regulated device, so just stick one of these in there, they are all good batteries for regulated devices:

Sony VTC4
Samsung INR
LG HE2

im gona try to explain this without causing any harm or confusion. Ohms law is mainly used for mech mod safety, mech mods are unregulated which means there is nothing in the mod to control how much is drained from the battery. What you have there is a regulated mod with circuitry, the circuit board is what regulates how much power is drained from the battery - with your device being regulated it puts in a lot of safety measures for you so you dont have to worry too much about ohms law or calculations, if you do something wrong it will let you know something is wrong and wont explode or go boom which im guessing you are afraid of.

based on the manufacturers website it has :

"Short Circuit Protection,Low Voltage Protection,Overheat Protection,Battery Reversal Protection,Overtime Vaping Warning and Overcurrent Protection."

all are safety measures which will protect you.

DOVPO MINI 50w-New products-Shenzhen Dovpo Technology Co., Ltd

^- more detailed info on the mod there.

the max output current/range of your mod is only 17 amps, so any battery rated for 20AMP continuous or more will work.

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
vapecalc.com

^- this one is more simple for new people

just enter the resistance of the coils, (0.5) then put the watt you want to try it at 50w. press calculate and it should come up as 10amps, which is safe because the mod is rated for 17 amps.

- use a 20+ amp battery

even if it wasnt safe, your mod wouldnt fire anyways. you should also read up on your mod and understand it moreso than ohms law. you only really need to go in depth into ohms law if you are using mechanical mods.

Reactions: 5spike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread