Which brand of flavoring is easiest / best for beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzlynnem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Waynesville, OH, USA
I've been doing my homework for quite a while (wow, someone should create a course in this! I would take a class if available! could even be done online as a package deal- a starter kit + maybe Skype lessons?), and I'm almost ready to jump in. When I have the money, I want to be able to place the order right away so I'd like some suggestions on which flavors to purchase. I read in a recent post that Capella flavorings are easiest for beginners, and TFA more tricky. From what I can gather, LorAnn tends to taste more candy-ish? And I don't like that.

So my first question would be, what brand is generally easiest for beginners to work with?

And if it has anything to do with my flavor preferences, I am a bakery chick. Though I like to alternate with a cool, creamy/fruity flavor... Something like a strawberry cream mint would be nice. I also like coconut, vanilla cake, Thin Mint by ECBlends (YUM).... So flavor suggestions on top of brand would be nice, too. Thank you! Maybe one day I'll have something to contribute instead of all the dang questions. xo Lynne

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I found vaping Zones super concentrates (2.5%) and gourmet super concentrates (1%) the easiest when I was first starting out. Inawera flavors are also really good and easy to work with, I've been liking 1% flavouring on those as well. There is a great (long) thread on Inawera flavours if you are interested in them.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
I'm using flavors that I got from Wizard Labs. TFA mainly. I did this because of the good reviews here, and I was buying my nic base from them. I think that the only way to know what you like is to start buying different brands and trying them. My next purchase will be some Hangsens flavors. I don't know why any brand would be more difficult to use then another. I researched what % people were using with different ingredients and used that as my starting point. Then it's tinker until you get it to how you like it. I think the main point is to buy from a quality vendor.
- Dirk

HilseeJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Mobile, AL
I found Vaping Zones super concentrates (2.5%) and gourmet super concentrates (1%) the easiest when I was first starting out. Inawera flavors are also really good and easy to work with, I've been liking 1% flavouring on those as well. There is a great (long) thread on Inawera flavours if you are interested in them.

Are you adding any sweeteners to the vaping zones? Also, what's your steeping time and what flavors have you tried?

jgoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
United States
I think Capella's is a really good starter flavor. Here are my reasons....
1. They have a few complex flavors that are really good to start with. You can get a nice complexity without mixing tons of different flavors. (apple pie, chocolate almond coconut, and dutch chocolate mint, etc)
2. They require no sweetener.
3. They have some flavors that many consider to be the top of the industry (sweet strawberry, sweet tangerine, vanilla custard)
4. Their addon flavors are very solid. (butter, marshmallow, mint, vanilla's)

That isn't to say that other companies aren't good. I love many TFA and Flavourart flavors. I just feel that for simplicity sake, Capella's is the best choice for the beginner. That being said though, once you get a few flavors under your belt, branch out. Try the same flavors from many companies to find what you like best.

As for suggestions for flavors you might like based on your flavor profile...(all capellas flavors btw) all very simple recipes...

strawberries and cream 8%
cool mint 4%
for a nice minty creamy strawberry

6% dutch chocolate mint
10% sugar cookie
for a thin minty like flavor

5% cake batter
8% french vanilla
for a nice vanilla cake (the vanilla cupcake is good...but i like this better)

8% boston cream pie
6% chocolate covered doughnut
This tastes just like a custard doughnut with fake chocolate icing....yummy lol.

and Hoosier would say....

sweet tangerine...period (10% I think)

Anywho...I hope this helps ya!

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Are you adding any sweeteners to the vaping zones? Also, what's your steeping time and what flavors have you tried?

I haven't found tha they needed any sweetener. My favourites are Blackberry, Blueberry, gourmet strawberries (not the strawberry), cake, apple cinnamon and black cigar. The chocolate truffle, orange and pear are really good too.

I didn't like vanilla sponge cake (alot of other people do) melon, or the duchess pear. But by far I found more flavors that I really like than ones I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread