Which cig-a-like do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_K

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
NYC
(Note: I'm posting on my BF's account right now since I don't have one yet.)

Hey Gals/Guys!

Several months ago, my BF bought us a V2 kit with two extra long (110mm) batteries and bunch of cartos. He then quickly 'graduated' to larger EGO batteries, clearos/tanks, making his own juice, and rebuilding coils.

While I do like the V2's, I found them a bit too long and heavy to hold. I also needed to constantly ask him to refill and clean my cartos which he would gladly do.
Since then, one of them has broken (my own fault). I would like for you guys to help me pick out another cig-a-like (important) to use and also recommend cartos/clearos/tanks. My BF doesn't know much about 808 types. I'm leaning towards Smokeless Image's Volt. How much of a difference in battery life is there between a 65mm vs. a 78mm automatic? Thanks!

AdamGott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
Vapage (Vapage E-Cigarettes, CIG2o Electronic Cigarette kits E-Cig and refill eCigs) has a nice 'offer' in which you can get a battery, charger, and nine cartos for $20. I got two of these and a pack of Red Hot cartos ($15, a bit pricey) to take me over $50 for the free shipping. The Vapage (cig2o) cartos are actually decent cigarette imitations, work fairly well, and can then be cleaned and re-filled.

I started with a cig2o and added two vapage kits (and a spare 808d battery) and I can't complain.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I think you're on the right track with Smokeless Image. Their batteries are regulated so you get consistent vapes right up until the last few hits before the battery needs recharged. Not all batteries have this feature.

If you decide to place an order with Smokeless Image, consider getting a few of their "Volt Mini Clearomizers". If you've been using standard cartomizers you will likely be very impressed with the Mini Clearomizers. They are the same diameter as the 65 and 78mm batteries and they are roughly about 30% longer than standard cartomizers. They provide great vapor and flavor and they're easy to fill and easy to clean. Good chance that you will never go back to cartomizers after trying these.

I cannot speak from experience but I've read that the 78mm batteries provide about 30-45 minutes more vaping time than the 65mm.

peep531

Apr 22, 2013
Texas
Go to "Tim Conway JR Listeners" link on the Vapage website. Intro pocket packs are $19.95. The include 5 extra cartos. Nearly a carton of cigarettes for 20 bucks is not a bad deal.

They also sell the intro kits in some B&M tobacco shops. I bought my first kit in a Tobacco Barn 7 months ago and still using the battery. I also have a Titan kit from Vapage, and it performs like a champ.

I have returned batteries to V4L, V2, Volt, and some generics from discount sites- I have never had to return a Vapage product.
peep

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I can hardly bear to use a cig-a-like device.

If I'm pushed, my vote would be for a 510 manual Joyetech with some low resistance cartomizers.

Personally, I would take any claims on the "big brand" cig-sized websites with a massive spoonful of salt. Most of these batteries are $1.50 items, so any price is going to be too expensive.

If small batteries is your thing, maybe you should just buy half a dozen direct from China and save yourself the aggravation of spending $40 on 2 batteries that are only good for a few months. As for the $79.99 kits from some of these companies...(not mentioning anything in particular) I am bemused why anyone would choose to have their wallet emptied in such a way.

It's a dodgy market and there are some fairly good cig-sized devices, but far too easy to get ripped off i.m.o.

I noticed reference to a certain brand that charges $19.99 per battery claiming they are reduced from $25.00. Madness.

Just because it can be cheaper than smoking, doesn't make it right to price a $1.50 product for even $19.99, let alone $25.

Last edited:

Cool_K

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
NYC
@djsvapour

I understand where you're coming from. I'm using a PV and have shared them with my GF. They're simply too big to carry and use in her mind. I'm still trying to transition her off analogs. All cig-a-likes are 'overpriced' because there is a popular demand for them. PV's (with higher charge capacity and voltage) can often be found cheaper than those shorty batteries. I've found my preference. Now we need to find hers.

Bubbajop

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
California
I think you're on the right track with Smokeless Image. Their batteries are regulated so you get consistent vapes right up until the last few hits before the battery needs recharged. Not all batteries have this feature.

If you decide to place an order with Smokeless Image, consider getting a few of their "Volt Mini Clearomizers". If you've been using standard cartomizers you will likely be very impressed with the Mini Clearomizers. They are the same diameter as the 65 and 78mm batteries and they are roughly about 30% longer than standard cartomizers. They provide great vapor and flavor and they're easy to fill and easy to clean. Good chance that you will never go back to cartomizers after trying these.

I cannot speak from experience but I've read that the 78mm batteries provide about 30-45 minutes more vaping time than the 65mm.

I have a Volt 65mm auto and 78mm manual. I know they claim they are regulated but they are not. I measured the 78mm using a multimeter and it starts at about 4.2v and drops to 3.3v before the recharge light blinks.

Bloog batteries are more consistent. I measured 2 and they both start at about 3.8v and drop to 3.3v before the light blinks.

At 4.2v, I get a burnt taste using standard 2.6ohm cartos and it shortens the carto's life. So I would pick Bloog before Smokeless Image. Having said that, I second the vote for 510 threaded cig-a-like for lower cost and better compatibility since most products are 510 threaded. I do like 808 batteries because it's easy to clean the threads, but that's it.

fishtaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
WA
Eon Smoke they only sell KR 808s with pre loaded carto,s in 0 12 16 18&24 mgs that can be re filled many many times.

They do free postage all over the world.

I still use them when going out at night and they send them to Australia free shipping.

The auto batteries last a very long time but charge time is only around 4 hours for a moderate vaper.

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights

Hey Gals/Guys!

Several months ago, my BF bought us a V2 kit with two extra long (110mm) batteries and bunch of cartos. He then quickly 'graduated' to larger EGO batteries, clearos/tanks, making his own juice, and rebuilding coils.

While I do like the V2's, I found them a bit too long and heavy to hold. I also needed to constantly ask him to refill and clean my cartos which he would gladly do.
Since then, one of them has broken (my own fault). I would like for you guys to help me pick out another cig-a-like (important) to use and also recommend cartos/clearos/tanks. My BF doesn't know much about 808 types. I'm leaning towards Smokeless Image's Volt. How much of a difference in battery life is there between a 65mm vs. a 78mm automatic? Thanks!

My experience has been with the Halo G6 batteries. I have both 65mm and 78mm, both auto and manual. Halo has good batteries, seem to last a long time, and charge quick. If you want a very close cig-a-like experience, get the white batteries with the tan cartos. People would have to look close to notice it is a e-cig. Plus they fit nice in some carry cases offered out there. I have one that slips into my shirt pocket. I prefer the clear mini tanks with tips for home use. They are easy to fill, not very expensive, and you can see how much juice is left and keep them topped off. I use the tan cartos when I go out. I will eventually get a bigger PV down the line, but right now I am trying different juices and mixtures. Then, once I have a good juice supply, I will start spending money on the good hardware. Happy Vaping!

Reactions: Ariben

easyE45

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Seattle,WA
I am new to vaping and wanted a cig a like also, that being said after reading the forums I ended up getting a Halo G6 starter kit. I love it and it has kept me off smoking analogs for about a week now! I also got the mini tank with it and I would say the mini tank is a must have. With that being said while I am happy with my G6 I am currently in the market for a bigger device for home use. Hope this helps you out!

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I can hardly bear to use a cig-a-like device.

If I'm pushed, my vote would be for a 510 manual Joyetech with some low resistance cartomizers.

Personally, I would take any claims on the "big brand" cig-sized websites with a massive spoonful of salt. Most of these batteries are $1.50 items, so any price is going to be too expensive.

If small batteries is your thing, maybe you should just buy half a dozen direct from China and save yourself the aggravation of spending $40 on 2 batteries that are only good for a few months. As for the $79.99 kits from some of these companies...(not mentioning anything in particular) I am bemused why anyone would choose to have their wallet emptied in such a way.

It's a dodgy market and there are some fairly good cig-sized devices, but far too easy to get ripped off i.m.o.

I noticed reference to a certain brand that charges $19.99 per battery claiming they are reduced from $25.00. Madness.

Just because it can be cheaper than smoking, doesn't make it right to price a $1.50 product for even $19.99, let alone $25.

A couple of problems here. The Joye 510's are regulated to 3.2-3.3v. That might give it more battery life but it puts it below some other offerings in other areas.

Getting half a dozen from China is viable if you know what you are getting. I have got things direct three times now and two to of the times I was flat out lied to and have product that i will not use. On one order I got what they said I would get.

If you have certain requirements that you want to meet it can be more expensive buying direct if you have specific requirements.

You might find it hard to bear using a cig-a-like but in some cases they are very practical. I have three big battery devices and tons of medium battery devices but if you are active sometimes a cig-a-like is the best thing at the moment.

There is a lot of variation in quality and specs on these devices. Yes there are compromises that cannot be helped but if someone can find these devices useful there is nothing wrong with trying to find the best they can get to match their wants.

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
There is a lot of variation in quality and specs on these devices. Yes there are compromises that cannot be helped but if someone can find these devices useful there is nothing wrong with trying to find the best they can get to match their wants.

^^^^This

Sent telepathically from somewhere deep in within the Dothraki Sea..

short_guy

Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Brighton, MI
I started with a Halo G6 kit, white battery with tan clearos. People really did have to stop and look to tell I wasn't smoking an analog. I went to the mini-tanks after the first batch of clearos wore out, and liked those as well. They worked fine with the auto battery. Battery life was good, the two in the kit usually lasted me all day (3 - 4 mL / day). Charge time for me was around 2 hours, much less than it took to go through a battery.

I've since upgraded to a Twist with T3s and Evod clearos, but keep the 808 kit around for backup. I may try taking one to work just to stealth vape as someone else suggested, though it would be much tougher to pass it off as just being a pen...

vin cecil

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Pasco, FL

Hey Gals/Guys!

I started off using Smokeless Image's volt and I thought that they were awesome. Shortly after, I got an ego-T setup and have not touched the old cig-a-likes since. I would have to charge the volt batteries every hour or every other hour. They get very weak at the end of the battery life as well. IMO they are a pain to fill, and way more often, as well as tasting like your vaping cardboard. Also it is very hard to find accessories and other 808 threaded stuff locallly.

My eGo-t setup I got for $25 works amazing. Easy to find parts/ other 505 threaded stuff for it. I have a 2.5ml clearo tank with replaceable heads that cost almost nothing. Like $1 a week in maintenance. The battery itself lasts all day long. I only charge it while a shower, or do something else I cannot vape at the same time. I vape consistently, its always in my hand.

And that is the small battery. Wait until you get into the bigger batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread