Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
It doesn't take much to get started in DIY.

I use 1ml, 5ml, 10ml syringes and an eye dropper. Since I went overboard on vendor e-juices, I have an adequate collection of 3-120ml bottles. I use the 3-5ml bottles for sample mixing. Once my DIY sample meets my approval, I'll mix 30ml batches.

For the nic/PG/VG base, I use my 60ml and 120ml bottles. Normally, I only mix one 60ml base batch at a time.

Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll get more credible info from the veterans. But, this isn't rocket science; more like alchemy...
wizard-3388.gif

smiley_abused.gif

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I agree with Iffy, get some empty bottles in 10 ml size (or wash out some used ones), a couple of small syringes in 2 ml size and a couple of 10 ml, PG, VG, flavorings, and some nic juice. That's all you need to get started. Most of the stuff in the DIY kits are things I wouldn't use anyway so it'd be a waste of money. Find a free DIY e-juice calculator online. Get a cheap tackle or tool box to store it in if you want. You'll save money and you can add the few things you find yourself needing as you see fit.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Try madvapes for everything except nic liquid. Their syringes are cheap and work great. Get Luer lock style and a 14 gauge long needle for measuring your VG, a couple of long needles in about 18 gauge for measuring PG and nic liquid, and a short 18 or 20 gauge for measuring flavoring. Their bottles are cheap too. They also have PG and VG, but you might find VG locally at Walmart (look for Humco brand by the rubbing alcohol). They also have some flavorings at MadVapes, but I've found Lorann's at Hobby Lobby for $3.29 for 2 small bottles, and also at a local drug store for $1 each. Drug stores also have syringes, just look for those that are used to give liquid medications to infants.

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
heres my 2 cents if i may -;)

joose calculator, (i found this to be easy peezee) BOOKMARK THIS one lol
eJuice Recipe Calculator

for every thing esle i use OLD joose bottles of vendor jooses that just suck most of the time, cappcino and red bull are about the nly ones ive been able to say i like, you can prolly find cheap bottles at hobby lobby or micheals any eye dropper, dropper type bottles

WALLYWORLD (wal-mart) gives away medication dosing syringes... call them by that name, or esle they will give you a funny look and give you a needle, not what iam after, ask for 4x 1ml dosing syringes and 4 or 2 10ML dosing syringes FOR LIQUID MEDICATION, tellem its for you grandpa and your baby niece or something, they usually dont argue, ive got the ladys at the pharm counter offering me the whole box on 2 differant occasions
also like cskent said you can find VG at wallyworld too, its usually by the foot creams or hand creams, i found my store has it in the deorderant isle near the bottom shelf, MAKE SURE its usp somewheres on the label and check the label for ingredents should be 99.5 glycerin,
PG can be found at any TSC or Big R type FARM&HOME store, usually you get a GALLON for round 20$

NIC joose i use Crystal Clear Vaping
these guys have THEE BEST deals ive seen yet on cartomizers also 15 for 20$!!!! free shipping on everything, and ship fast, btw they are based out of missouri (i like to know where iam buying from if its a coast to coast shipment or what not)

anyhoot, my CAPS are yelling or being a smartguy or any thing, i like ta help...

hopes this helps...

CHECK out my 0$ TANK carto mod.... thats right ZERO DOLLAR.... lol cant beat the free
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-best-0-zero-dollar-tank-mod.html#post3815387

BTW iam building 510"puck"(4.8v) mod boxs and reg smaller 3.7v li ion 510 mod boxes if you maybe are interested in a higher volt PV, i bought me a 3.7 volt mod from a suppler here at ECF found the puck diy mod and have not looked back since, its amazing how short these china pos PV's lifes span are, i wish i never wasted the money on pos pv's

DIY is the way ta go, iam BIG in DIY if i can DIY i can SAVE:vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread