Which LR Atomizers Can Be Used with a 900 maH eGo Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
I'm hoping that some of you more experienced vapers can help clarify some confusion I'm now having :?:

I have been using 510 low res attys (1.5 ohm) with my eGo. Three of the eGo batteries I have is 650 maH, the other is a 1000 maH.

The life span of these 510 low res attys have ranged anywhere from two days, all the way to six weeks. Lately, however, I haven't been able to get an atty to last more than two weeks..... I haven't changed the frequency of my vaping habits either. For the most part, I vape all day sitting in front of my computer at the office all day.

When speaking to a more experienced vaper recently, he informed me that a 510 low res (1.5 ohm) atty should not be used with eGo batts because it will cause the attys to burn out OR the atty will burn out the eGo battery. He added that if I desire to use a low res atty with an eGo battery, I must use a low res 306 (which I have since started to do). He said that low res 510 attys are for vaping with a 3.7 mod that use a higher maH.

So my questions is.... Does this sound right? Have any of you more experienced vapers heard or ever given this advice? Should I primarily just focus on using low res 306 attys and give up the low res 510 attys moving forward :confused:

Help!

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
i haven't heard that... but i suggest you try a 1.8 LR 510, or even a 2.0 Ohm LR... (Ikenvape.com, or Cisco, from Avid Vapors). they last a bit longer than the 1.5's.

306's are nice, but the 510 gives a different vape... imo you get more flavor from the 510... ymmv.

Yeah, I've been hearing nothing but good stuff about the Ciscos. Wouldn't the LR 2.0 ohm attys be too close to a standard resistance to cause them to not make a difference as far as vapor output and such?

Thanks so much for your help. Ukeman.... Truly appreciate it!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
they make a lot of difference if you consider the small incremental differences, not to mention that attys go up in resistance as they wear...
for me 1.5 is too hot even on a 3.7 pv....
1.8 or 2.0 is perfect imo.... the vapor production is much better than a regular atty. Most regulars seem to be in the 2.5 Ohm range;

fwiw, some joye reg. 510's start at 2.2 Ohm and they will work pretty good compared to a 2.5 + reg 510.

For my provari's i use regular from 2.2 (joye reg) to 2.8 (reg. 901) to hv 3.5 Ohm... at 3.7v to 4.8v.
(note conventional "3.7" devices are not true voltage 3.7... more like 3.2 to 3.4 volts.

Yeah, I've been hearing nothing but good stuff about the Ciscos. Wouldn't the LR 2.0 ohm attys be too close to a standard resistance to cause them to not make a difference as far as vapor output and such?

Thanks so much for your help. Ukeman.... Truly appreciate it!

Last edited:

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
they make a lot of difference if you consider the small incremental differences, not to mention that attys go up in resistance as they wear...
for me 1.5 is too hot even on a 3.7 pv....
1.8 or 2.0 is perfect imo.... the vapor production is much better than a regular atty. Most regulars seem to be in the 2.5 Ohm range;

fwiw, some joye reg. 510's start at 2.2 Ohm and they will work pretty good compared to a 2.5 + reg 510.

For my provari's i use regular from 2.2 (joye reg) to 2.8 (reg. 901) to hv 3.5 Ohm... at 3.7v to 4.8v.
(note conventional "3.7" devices are not true voltage 3.7... more like 3.2 to 3.4 volts.

Thanks for the info! Goodness, you sure know quite a bit :)

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
I have used 510 LR attys of 1.5ohms and 1.8 and 2 ohms on the eGo and they worked fine. They may overstress normal batteries but don't impact the 650 or 900mah much, even after 6 months of normal/heavy vaping imo. I mostly use the LR on the eGo, or reo Mini they work best, either 510 or 306's. I use the regular 510 2.5 or 3.5 HV from Ikenvape on the variable volts like the Provari and Ali'i like ukeman said in the 4.5 - 6 volt range.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
I have used 510 LR attys of 1.5ohms and 1.8 and 2 ohms on the eGo and they worked fine. They may overstress normal batteries but don't impact the 650 or 900mah much, even after 6 months of normal/heavy vaping imo. I mostly use the LR on the eGo, or reo Mini they work best, either 510 or 306's. I use the regular 510 2.5 or 3.5 HV from Ikenvape on the variable volts like the Provari and Ali'i like ukeman said in the 4.5 - 6 volt range.

Thank you so much, JW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread