Which mechanical mod has the best switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoPeWAFFL3

Jul 28, 2014
United States
I would recommend buying something with the button inside the mod, such as the cartel. You could set it down, and it would not fire.
Copper_Cartel_9__96143.1405340767.1280.1280.jpg

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
It all comes back to the nemesis.
For a non recessed/flush button assembly, its hard to beat. Smooth actuation, highly adjustable throw/tension, and wit stealth cap can have a throw of ~1mm. Not too shabby. Many have imitated but none come close IMO.

Other than that, take a look at the Skeleto Key. Should be for sale at VapeRev within a week. Check their website.

Also take a look at te MM nanos for sure. Super cheap compared to say a Chi you. And finally consider the Silverback mod by vicious ant.
Igetcha69 did a good review.

On another note Tinkie...i finally broke down and ordered the Erlkonigin based on you and qorax's experience with it

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I'm going to throw my vote in for the revolver, the switch is super smooth with a very short soft throw, yet can still stand up in 18650 mode with a full size (and full of juice) kayfun on top. The locking mechanism is one of the fastest/easiest I've seen on any bottom firing mod, although it's not a normal button by any means.

Instead of having a moving button that gets locked in place by a ring, the revolver has the button itself as the lock, when in "locked mode" the button snaps up into the switch and can't move, to unlock you pull the button down and rotate (I think 1/6th of a turn) until it locks in place with 3 bolts inside the switch. Now the button extends from the mod and can be fired. The 3-bolt design also makes the button very stable as it's not supported by a single stem in the center like most switches, but 3 contact points around the edge of the button. This pic shows the button unlocked and ready to go.

CAM00749.jpg

There are some vids on YT showing the switch operation, worth checking out if you like a nice switch. The EMI Avenger V3 also has a nice switch. It's recessed with a short smooth easy movement. The mod is only 21mm (or around) though so 22mm attys hang over the edge a bit.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
tasy2ery.jpg

This switch

that, my friend is one truly sweet device. i had the good fortune to meet scott and fiddle with his personal 18650 "the copper" at DC vapefest some months ago. he disassembled the whole thing for me and we spoke for a good while. spent the next however long hitting refresh on his facebook page and gimmethecopper store front hoping to get ahold of an 18650 version. of course the store front was barren at the time and i've since become too busy to keep up with things.

thanks for the reminder. he's sold out of the 18650's currently, but i just picked one up on vaporkings for a ~$30 premium. can't wait!

and, yes... that switch is buttery smooth with no need to lock it, magnetic, etc. ... and the mod hits like a freight train at mag-lev speeds. did i mention i can't wait? :D

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
It all comes back to the nemesis.
For a non recessed/flush button assembly, its hard to beat. Smooth actuation, highly adjustable throw/tension, and wit stealth cap can have a throw of ~1mm. Not too shabby. Many have imitated but none come close IMO.

Other than that, take a look at the Skeleto Key. Should be for sale at VapeRev within a week. Check their website.

Also take a look at te MM nanos for sure. Super cheap compared to say a Chi you. And finally consider the Silverback mod by vicious ant.
Igetcha69 did a good review.

On another note Tinkie...i finally broke down and ordered the Erlkonigin based on you and qorax's experience with it

Really? I can understand Qorax. My god, I've spent some money based on his pictorials. Me though.... I'm such a newb to all of this. The Erl is a great buy though. It's such a looker, and so much lighter then a Kayfun. Hmm... Maybe is should be looking for a 21 mm mod with a blasted finish so I can take advantage of how slender the Erl can be. Love that it doesn't sacrifice capacity for that 21 mm either, AND it can become any diameter you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread