Which pod System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I have my eye on 2 pod systems, the voopoo vinci pod and the Geekvape Aegis Boost. My priorities are flavor and to a much less degree clouds. I presently have a few Nords , for out and about, which they are great for, but they leave much to be desired when it comes to flavor.
I own the Freemax Fireluke mesh and the Meshpro, IMO they are tops when it comes to flavor,and clouds. Do either of my pod choices come close when it comes to flavor?

Reactions: stols001

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I don't own a Geekvape Aegis Boost but I've got the Voopoo Vinci and the Voopoo Vinci X. The Vincis are great for both flavor and clouds! You won't get competition clouds but for a pod system it makes some pretty big ones. They also take multiple coils which can enhance your vaping. I recommend getting the Vinci X if you decide on the Voopoo. That way you can change out the battery.

Reactions: stols001

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I don't own a Geekvape Aegis Boost but I've got the Voopoo Vinci and the Voopoo Vinci X. The Vincis are great for both flavor and clouds! You won't get competition clouds but for a pod system it makes some pretty big ones. They also take multiple coils which can enhance your vaping. I recommend getting the Vinci X if you decide on the Voopoo. That way you can change out the battery.
Thank You.

Reactions: Anise

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Back during the "flavorings" scares (must have been around 2012-2014? I forgot) I just started vaping unflavored. So I can't advise you on pod systems that impart the best flavor. If flavor is a strong consideration for you, I mean in your top 3 considerations then a pod system is probably not your best choice in a vape to begin with though. ;)

• Winner
Reactions: United States

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I have a boost, after 2 weeks it’s in a drawer collecting dust. It was a huge disappointment for me. I’m a Breeze NXT fan, as it is perfect for me.

in your case I would say go with the Vinci. I don’t own one, but I wish I would have tried it instead on the Aegis Boost.
Good to know,Thanks.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
well, after all pods i have tried i would just mention frenzy and Tesla Tpod, those are the mighty pods, flavor, clouds, coil life and performance... i like the tesla cuz coils there last at least 2 flavorful weeks, sometimes 3, but is a big blind sometimes, about the frenzy, well, is the 1st pod i did tried with a decent TC mode, SS coils, they also have shown 2 weeks mark on coils when using it daily, at least during my review time and some weeks i decide to go frenzy, i really love this pod, i wish there will be a RBA pod someday, since there is no pod that still likes me and gives me what i want like the frenzy always does, also, amazing battery life for both modes, wattage and TC,

Regards,

Reactions: dennism

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I have both. The Vinci produces more dense clouds and the flavor is pretty strong. That is using the .3 coil. Have not used the .8 coil as I really like the .3 coils and have not had the need to try the .8 coil. The pods hold almost 5 mil of liquid which I see as a plus however, the pods have tendency to leak from the coil. Nothing much, just have to keep an eye on it and wipe it out every once in a while. I think the o-rings on the coil might be the culprit because the leak is not a constant thing; I have a few of these (and the Vinci X) and not every one leaks. The fill port is one of those little plugs that I have to use something to pry it open.

The Boost produces a little less dense clouds but the flavor is maybe a little stronger. Not by much, but it puts out some good flavor. The pods hold 3.7 mil of liquid and filling can get messy. It comes from air bubbles forming when filling and they push the liquid out. Outside of that, had not had a drop of liquid leak from the pods. However, there was a thread on the Geekvape forum where some have had issues with pods. Might have been an early production thing but who knows. All I know is I had no leaking.

I use both daily and these were just some of my observations. BTW, battery life is good with both of these. In reality, I use the Vinci more but that is because I own more of them and like to switch flavors all the time. It is not because the vape quality, it has more do do with the numbers of having more of one than the other.

Reactions: newyork13

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I have both. The Vinci produces more dense clouds and the flavor is pretty strong. That is using the .3 coil. Have not used the .8 coil as I really like the .3 coils and have not had the need to try the .8 coil. The pods hold almost 5 mil of liquid which I see as a plus however, the pods have tendency to leak from the coil. Nothing much, just have to keep an eye on it and wipe it out every once in a while. I think the o-rings on the coil might be the culprit because the leak is not a constant thing; I have a few of these (and the Vinci X) and not every one leaks. The fill port is one of those little plugs that I have to use something to pry it open.

The Boost produces a little less dense clouds but the flavor is maybe a little stronger. Not by much, but it puts out some good flavor. The pods hold 3.7 mil of liquid and filling can get messy. It comes from air bubbles forming when filling and they push the liquid out. Outside of that, had not had a drop of liquid leak from the pods. However, there was a thread on the Geekvape forum where some have had issues with pods. Might have been an early production thing but who knows. All I know is I had no leaking.

I use both daily and these were just some of my observations. BTW, battery life is good with both of these. In reality, I use the Vinci more but that is because I own more of them and like to switch flavors all the time. It is not because the vape quality, it has more do do with the numbers of having more of one than the other.
If I read this correctly, it's a coin toss? Right now I'm leaning a smidge toward the Boost. Informative reply, thank you!

Reactions: Vicman

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
If I read this correctly, it's a coin toss? Right now I'm leaning a smidge toward the Boost. Informative reply, thank you!
Pretty much a coin flip.

A little more comparisons. I am using the Boost right (35 watts) now with a root bear float flavor (75/25 vg/pg) which I also have in a Nunchaku 2 with the Nunchaku 2 tank (60 watts). Flavor is spot on. Clouds are much larger on the Nunchaku 2 set up.

I also have a Proton Mini with Ajax tank (60 watts) with a cannoli flavor (70/30 vg/pg). I have the same juice in a Vinci (35 watts). Flavor is more pronounced in the Ajax. The cloud is slightly better with the Ajax tank but they are both dense if that makes sense.

Not a one for one type of comparison due to the wattage. Guess what I am saying, if going for flavor the Boost has performed better for me with slightly less clouds. If going for clouds with slightly less flavor, Vinci is the better of the two.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
Pretty much a coin flip.

A little more comparisons. I am using the Boost right (35 watts) now with a root bear float flavor (75/25 vg/pg) which I also have in a Nunchaku 2 with the Nunchaku 2 tank (60 watts). Flavor is spot on. Clouds are much larger on the Nunchaku 2 set up.

I also have a Proton Mini with Ajax tank (60 watts) with a cannoli flavor (70/30 vg/pg). I have the same juice in a Vinci (35 watts). Flavor is more pronounced in the Ajax. The cloud is slightly better with the Ajax tank but they are both dense if that makes sense.

Not a one for one type of comparison due to the wattage. Guess what I am saying, if going for flavor the Boost has performed better for me with slightly less clouds. If going for clouds with slightly less flavor, Vinci is the better of the two.
Flavor is my #1 priority, I have the Freemax Fireluke Mesh and the Freemax Mesh Pro. I'm hoping to find comparable flavor in an AIO/Pod system, for out and about, the Freemax's are a bit bulky. I have a few Nords, great for out and about, flavor, not so much.

Reactions: Vicman

Kyle Simmons

Aug 21, 2019
I have a boost, after 2 weeks it’s in a drawer collecting dust. It was a huge disappointment for me. I’m a Breeze NXT fan, as it is perfect for me.

in your case I would say go with the Vinci. I don’t own one, but I wish I would have tried it instead on the Aegis Boost.
I have a sourin air plus and I can not find ANY reason that it's brand new and burns a pod in less than a day.
My bad for hijacking this I just don't understand why a brand new system that doesn't have warning flashes burn through 7 pods. Every time in less than 24 hrs. Sourin also called me a liar in emails to customer support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread