Status
Not open for further replies.

ejuiceconnoisseur

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Melbourne, FL
[h=2]Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?[/h] Filed under: Miscellaneous Vaping News — Leave a comment
September 27, 2013

Before I begin, in case you have very little experience with military and/or paramilitary terminology, the term “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over” is radio communication/phonetic alphabet speak for that handy little acronym portrayed in the photo above. It’s most often used to express bewilderment, confusion, and/or extreme disbelief. You know, like the visceral reactions we vapers experience when we hear about yet another organization of supposed “official authority” stating time and time again that smoking is the devil, and that one of the most successful saviors of smokers is actual worse than the devil. I’m aware that the previous statement is confusing and makes very little sense, but that’s actually what’s taking place all over the world. Kind of makes one want to pick up a radio to the world powers-that-be and repeat with fervor, “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?”

Let’s look at this logic (or complete lack thereof) in different terms: There are a number of government departments, charitable organizations, and well-intentioned laymen and women who like to inform others, for whom they feel at least partially responsible, that copulating with someone who has Herpes (HIV, Hepatitis, etc.) will almost certainly cause you to contract the virus yourself. This is a dangerous and unhealthy activity and should be avoided at all costs… Enter the condom or (God forbid) the crazy notion of keeping your pants on for a change, but for the purposes of this metaphor, we’ll concentrate on the condom. This amazing technological wonder can actually prevent you from contracting these horrible, sometimes deadly diseases, even though a slight risk is still present. And this is where our example deviates strongly from the subject of vaping vs. smoking… I have yet to see ANYONE suggest (assuming you are going to go ahead and copulate one way or the other) that one should not use the condom because there is a risk involved, and instead they ought to just have unprotected sex. Additionally, I don’t think anyone will be saying anything akin to this any time in the near or distant future. That would be absurd, wouldn’t it? So why are so many people shaking in their proverbial boots over the horrible threat of E-cigarettes.

I’ve put together a small list here of some of the actual statements, laws, and official positions that have been said or established against the E-cigarette industry. Remember… the metaphor in the above paragraph is, at this point in my writing, completed and closed. The following things really, actually happened in reality, right here on our beloved Earth: (Click here to read the rest of my article.)

kaiser74

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
new milford ct usa
The problem, IMHO, is the fact that they being called e-cigarettes. The industry or lack there of made a big mistake. From the get go they should have marketed it as a smoking cessation device, but instead they chose "alternative" to conventional smoking. I understand that they never got FDA approval ( I'm ok with that, when was the last time the FDA had our well being in mind), but in the beginning they should have.

In the long run that's going to bite the entire industry I'm the rear end.

My .02

The FDA has approved the ingredients to hot pockets, an item so disgusting and unhealthy, but hey they are approved, cheap and in our grocers freezers. Hot pockets make ecigs look like vitamins....lol

Btw, your article is great and my response is in regards to us laws and regs only.

I'll add that the only way any industry can survive is by pay offs. Getting approvals are a fancy way to pay off. That's what makes our sick world go round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread