Whistling sound from...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
This might sound strange coming from a seasoned vapor, I'm pretty sure it's happened before but for some reason, I seem to be obsessing about it from tonight's experience and so I felt better about posting and asking.

I was taking a drag on my T2 tank (voopoo drag Mini setup) and I heard a quick whistling sound, I stopped to look at my setup like wtf was that? I then tried to duplicate the issue but could not duplicate it. I'm pretty sure it was coming from some part of the tank, or maybe even having to do with my lips around the drip tip. I can tell the difference between whistling sounds from inside the body vs outside the body.

Still a little paranoid about it...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
This might sound strange coming from a seasoned vapor, I'm pretty sure it's happened before but for some reason, I seem to be obsessing about it from tonight's experience and so I felt better about posting and asking.

I was taking a drag on my T2 tank (VooPoo Drag Mini setup) and I heard a quick whistling sound, I stopped to look at my setup like ... was that? I then tried to duplicate the issue but could not duplicate it. I'm pretty sure it was coming from some part of the tank, or maybe even having to do with my lips around the drip tip. I can tell the difference between whistling sounds from inside the body vs outside the body.

Still a little paranoid about it...

Some toppers whistle. Change the air flow a bit and it should diminish or stop or get louder.

I'm at a loss about the "paranoid" statement... Is that your normal state of being?
Why did you make a whistle a cause for concern?

Cheers
I

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Could be a bit of dust or pet hair got sucked in and was obstructing the airflow. I found a mysterious white paint chip floating inside my tank the other day. Should I be worried? :shock:
Edit: OMG I saw it again today even after I thought it was gone. This must be what harassment feels like.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Being the kind of sick individual who would capitalize on another’s irrational fear.... I once heard a story about a guy who’s dog died, his truck got stolen, his wife left him and his identity got stolen leaving him penniless. He heard a slight whistle from his atomizer as well.

• Winner
Reactions: sonicbomb

kashif

May 26, 2019
Have you looked for a bullet hole in the wall near where you were sitting?

Being the kind of sick individual who would capitalize on another’s irrational fear.... I once heard a story about a guy who’s dog died, his truck got stolen, his wife left him and his identity got stolen leaving him penniless. He heard a slight whistle from his atomizer as well.

Lol you guys made me laugh.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
It is possible that some excess e-liquid in the bottom hardware of your tank, where the air enter the coil, has created a transient condition for your tank to operate similarly to a water flute.

You can try to replicate, and verify the hypothesis, with few drops of e-liquid down the drip tip.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Some toppers whistle. Change the air flow a bit and it should diminish or stop or get louder.

I'm at a loss about the "paranoid" statement... Is that your normal state of being?
Why did you make a whistle a cause for concern?

Cheers
I

When I use to smoke (before getting closer to quitting) sometimes when I would breath I would have wheezing/whistling sounds coming from my lungs and it scared me to death!

• Informative
Reactions: Izan

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
When I use to smoke (before getting closer to quitting) sometimes when I would breath I would have wheezing/whistling sounds coming from my lungs and it scared me to death!
You must be youngish, that sound used to put me to sleep. It's gone now, took a while to get used to the quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread