White House OMB rejects FDA's draft regs for e-cigs as too restrictive, tells agency to draft/submit a new proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
:offtopic:

....I have flashlights that use the same rechargeables that are used in my e cigs. In fact, I bought an LED light that uses 18650's that just amazes me with the light it produces and how long I go between recharges. It wide angles 30-40 yards or telephotos out to over 100 yards. batteries are not an issue....

Evidently I have led too sheltered a life. Was not aware there were flashlights that use 18650s, but now I'm off to do some googling! Thanks, rothenbj!

Jan 19, 2014
Moved On
Evidently I have led too sheltered a life. Was not aware there were flashlights that use 18650s, but now I'm off to do some googling! Thanks, rothenbj!

Let us know what you come up w/. Inquiring minds will want to know. And frankly I like the idea of being able to purchase rechargeable household batters at local (regular) B&Ms. Right now I have five vision spinners, but I worry about what will happen when the power goes out. At $25 each over the 'net ... would be a lot cheaper for me to buy a bunch of household batteries and cycle them so they were always charged.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Let us know what you come up w/. Inquiring minds will want to know. And frankly I like the idea of being able to purchase rechargeable household batters at local (regular) B&Ms. Right now I have five vision spinners, but I worry about what will happen when the power goes out. At $25 each over the 'net ... would be a lot cheaper for me to buy a bunch of household batteries and cycle them so they were always charged.

Check out this site. There's a lot of people that are really into flashlights. They even have their own forums.

J.R.

ETA : I use their LD01 Pocket Clips on my Evods and T3s.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

;)

Just visit our Modders Forum. :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...agram-flashlight-mod-diagram.html#post1057038

1560d1290536145-rocketsflashlights.jpg

Loveridden-Altoids-VV-box-mod.jpg

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Some of those Altoid box mods take AA household batteries and most of the parts come from places like Radio Shack.

{OTHER STUFF} modify ecigs to fit their use and our vapor equipment is a lot cheaper than theirs. I'm sure if imports/bans happen that a little reverse engineering will work. We just may be going to head shops instead of vape shops. Picture this - stopped by a cop for possible vaping and you can get out of it by lying and saying it was {FOR OTHER STUFF} instead.

That's the thing. Just the idea that they think it's possible to control the hardware we use makes a mockery of a ban. The biggest sacrifice that we'll have with any restrictions is making it harder for ppl who are still smoking to quit. They are the ones with the most to loose.

Last edited by a moderator:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
....That's the thing. Just the idea that they think it's possible to control the hardware we use makes a mockery of a ban.

...and shows how little the bansturbators actually understand all the generations of ecigs.

The biggest sacrifice that we'll have with any restrictions is making it harder for ppl who are still smoking to quit. They are the ones with the most to loose.

And that's the crux of the matter and precisely why I, for one, have become such an activist about vaping!

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Some of those Altoid box mods take AA household batteries and most of the parts come from places like Radio Shack.

{OTHER STUFF} modify ecigs to fit their use and our vapor equipment is a lot cheaper than theirs. I'm sure if imports/bans happen that a little reverse engineering will work. We just may be going to head shops instead of vape shops. Picture this - stopped by a cop for possible vaping and you can get out of it by lying and saying it was {FOR OTHER STUFF} instead.

That's the thing. Just the idea that they think it's possible to control the hardware we use makes a mockery of a ban. The biggest sacrifice that we'll have with any restrictions is making it harder for ppl who are still smoking to quit. They are the ones with the most to loose.

Odd bedfellows ( {OTHER STUFF} people ) to have also. When they realized the California legislation could impact their hardware they went to bat for us.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

Ill save you some time and give this one high marks-

Amazon.com : 1600LM Lumen Zoomable CREE XML XM-L T6 LED Flashlight Torch : Basic Handheld Flashlights : Home Improvement

They went up $1.50 since December, but they are worth every dollar. Took over a month for delivery.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I have one basic question for the people following this issue closely: weighing both the current situation in europe and the OMB rejection of the FDA's proposal, on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you place the likelyhood of the e-cig industry's survival in the next 10 years? How likely are we to triumph and beat these guys at this point? Does this mean it's going to be years before the FDA can begin to do anything or could they just crank out a slightly modified version of their current proposal?

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I don't think anyone can answer what will happen on the national level. I don't doubt that the US will follow the EU or vice versa, closely. Same with Canada. Most trade, import/export regulations tend to be very similar.

And quite frankly what matters are local jurisdictions. From my understanding, any city, town, state, can do whatever they want when it comes to tobacco or tobacco-like products with very few restrictions. A lot less restrictive than the FDA. Local jurisdictions don't have to follow any single set of rules, comment periods, review, science, vote, etc. either. Becoming active in local vape meets, announcing success to neighbors, friends and family, visiting local representatives, speaking to a community group, letters to the editor are all activism.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
With the tide of state legislation, it seriously worries me that the Feds were trying to push something out there defined by even their own as "too restrictive" A long time ago e-cig bans were discussed here. At that time, I remember one comment especially and I wish I could remember who said it. It said to paraphrase "we are enjoying a renaissance in the vaping world at this moment, but don't expect it to continue. I suspect what will happen is that the vaping industry will develop and as a result attract the naysayers and moneygrubbers while BT and BP fight it out as to who can basically get the patent on nicotine. At that point the government will come in, do their darndest to shut it down to protect both interests, fail, tax it and then allow BT to get their way via the FDA with providing gadgets at a ludicrous price and no guarantees as to what in god's name is really in their e-juice, but probably the same as their tobacco cigarettes. After that the boutique stores will redevelop. We are vaping in the best of times right now"

Too true my friends. Too true.

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
good news bill.

i have been thinking though,(i know that's dangerous and my wife and kids have warned me about that.)
about the apparent difference of opinion between the administration and the OMB.
i haven't heard any stories lately about about Presindent Obama's on again off again smoking problem.
do you think maybe as soon as the President is out of sight one of his guards is handing him
a greensmoke or an evod?:D

regards
mike

I have been having the same thoughts myself. I betcha Obama is vapeing on the sly. Rosevelt was wheelchair bound for the most part and it was policy to keep that out of sight of the public, to keep people from viewing him as feeble. I would not put it past the spin doctors keeping the prez vapeing all the while insisting he has kicked smoking. BT and BP would loose a ton of credibility/lobby power if our top dog were found to be vapeing, states would then have a ton to lose in taxes as vapeing takes over cigarette sales.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
At that time, I remember one comment especially and I wish I could remember who said it. It said to paraphrase "we are enjoying a renaissance in the vaping world at this moment, but don't expect it to continue.

I don't remember the 'renaissance' quote, but we've all been talking here for a long time about our 'golden age of vaping'--no restrictions, no stupid regulations, innovation, growth, availability, no taxes, great camaraderie of vapers coming together to help each other...

And yes, I fear this is coming to an end. So sad. I'm so glad that I've been able to participate in this great movement for four glorious years.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...491692-golden-age-cig-likes.html#post11271997

FDA and Ecigs | Ecig Advanced Community Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread