White "Plastic" Forming on Bottom of Cart Filler, What IS This S***???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
Often when I take out the poly from my cart, on the bottom is a hard bright white plastic looking substance. I look because I am tasting some sort of nasty taste which differs from the usual equipment/juice problem taste. I replace the filler and then it tastes fine.

Tonight I ran across this post in a review on a sellers site:

One more rather wierd thing is that I have taken the cartridges out to squeeze for juice and I found this really strange white patch of something at the bottom of the wool. I have attached a picture of it so you guys can have a look. Its not paper. Feels more like latex. Hopefully its nothing harmful.

I saw no pic but it sounds exactly like what I have been finding. I want to know if anyone else is seeing this white stuff on the bottom of their filler material in their carts. I have a 901 and just use the black tipped carts with the poly fill they come with. I have bought juices from at least 6 sellers so its impossible for me to narrow it down to one juice. The flavors I buy are all compatible; I don't use different carts or attys for different juices.

Any ideas on how to figure out what this stuff is and if it might not be a good thing would be most appreciated.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Often when I take out the poly from my cart, on the bottom is a hard bright white plastic looking substance. I look because I am tasting some sort of nasty taste which differs from the usual equipment/juice problem taste. I replace the filler and then it tastes fine.

Tonight I ran across this post in a review on a sellers site:

One more rather wierd thing is that I have taken the cartridges out to squeeze for juice and I found this really strange white patch of something at the bottom of the wool. I have attached a picture of it so you guys can have a look. Its not paper. Feels more like latex. Hopefully its nothing harmful.

I saw no pic but it sounds exactly like what I have been finding. I want to know if anyone else is seeing this white stuff on the bottom of their filler material in their carts. I have a 901 and just use the black tipped carts with the poly fill they come with. I have bought juices from at least 6 sellers so its impossible for me to narrow it down to one juice. The flavors I buy are all compatible; I don't use different carts or attys for different juices.

Any ideas on how to figure out what this stuff is and if it might not be a good thing would be most appreciated.

I've seen that in some 901 carts - the "D" style (where from the top it looks like a D with one airchannel. It's how the filler is 'glued' to the floor of the cart well - probably so the metal mesh on the bridge doesn't grab the filler and pull it out. I've seen some 801 cart fixed in the same manner. I cut it off and put the filler back in ;-) Some D styles are not my favorites because of the way they are constructed - some have an end piece that can come off with a strong draw and end up in your mouth. I think they're being phased out because the newer ones are solid and with out the glue too. IOW, it's not the juice.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
It seems to be silicone of some type they use to keep the filler from coming out of the cart. My ruubber tipped 201 carts had this in them .
The first one I tried to pull the filler out of to wash I almost couldn't get it out. It doesn't seem to hurt any thing, just if you wanted to flip the filler around it wouldn't work and if snipped off the filler might be too short due to being of inconsistent application.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
From an 801 cartridge.

801filler.jpg

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
I have seen this white plastic on the bottom of my carts also. I think that they are tracking chips used by the Chinese to keep track of vapers via orbital space stations for future spamming.

:lol: omg thats so funny i love it ty for a great laugh lol. And ty to Houdini for the pic, yes, thats exactly what I see too. Its just weird stuff.

voidNIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
You have found another of our plots, aarrgghh, you Americans are so clever! OK, that probably isn't funny if you have seen the posts I'm involved in. Seriously though, I have the same filler in all the carts from my NJoy. I've never seen it in my 901s though. It is far enough down there that I can't imagine it being a problem.

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
Well it really must be some sort of glue, which I always thought you sniffed not smoked. I took out the filling in the new carts I have that come 5 to a box, it's a blue/white box. They had the glue. But some other carts I got with the sellers private branded box had no glue. I don't understand why there has to be glue, once the filler gets wet its not going anywhere. Anymore I fill my empty carts 3/4 full of juice, roll a little ball of poly up and stick it on top of the juice then get that wet and when it dries out it hasn't moved at all when I look. I vape longer and it tastes better filling the carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread