White stuff in atty bridge under wick (looks like small pieces of floss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
hey guys, i've been posting a lot bc i'm trying to learn and understand, especially the atty portion of the item.

i've noticed that one atty that is not producing vape or TH does not have this white stringy stuff that is under the bridge of the wick - right in the upside down U area. The other 3 atty's have it, and it seems like it's white stringy dental floss, is that supposed to be there? perhaps that is there for it to easily pull the eliq from the cart and keep the atty moist through suction? The one that doesnt have it (well, i pulled it off) does not grab as much eliq. can you guys look at your atty's and see if you can see through the U bridge for the wick, or if it looks like it's stuffed with something ? I'm trying to figure out why and what this is for.

thanks.

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
Yep, that has to do with wicking. Don't pull it out.

Be careful if you get any of the fibers from the original cart stuffing stuck on the atomizer. I would pull them out with a tweezer when I first started, and accidently pulled out the wick. That atomizer never worked very well after that.

You can try different cart mods. The original cart stuffing tasted awful to me, especially when fibers kept getting stuck on my atomizer. :)

Debbie

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
well crap. I pulled out it thinking it was wrapping or stuffing to keep the bridge and foil wick from damage, and it stopped getting good vape unless i drip or dip now. 1 came with none of it, 1 i took out, and 2 are filled with the white flossy stuff. What can i do now to get that atty goin again? do i need to just resort to direct drip or dip only now and forget carts when using those 2 attys? Are there any type of material I can put under the bridge to replicate what should have been there that i pulled out ?

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Debbie - to prevent a lot of snags of cart filler, using a paperclip point, pull the cart filler up just a little from the top of the insert, then using nail scissors or small haircutting scissors, cut/shear the filling flat across the top (keep the paperclip point in the filler to steady the filler if you can or use the tip of your fingernail). Blow gently across the top to blow off any tiny pieces that may remain, then gently push the filler back down below the top of the insert. You should have much less snags.

TTRP

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
Thanks, TTRP!

But I'm now using the PTB (tea bag) shredded filler. No more bad taste or fibers on atty.

I doubt I'll use the stuff that comes in the carts again. Not only did I have fibers get loose, but if the top of the fill dried at all, the taste was bad when heated by the atty (even though there was more juice in the cart).

I tried a bunch of cart mods and PTB worked best for me.

Debbie

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
i have 2 without the white floss type stuff and 2 with floss type stuff below the bridge. A lot of pictures i see of the 306 and 510 atty are see through and do not contain this white stuff that i removed. YOu're right, i will use it for dipping/dripping only. I wonder if i get just as long as vape life if i dip or drip vs. a regular prefilled cartridge. Maybe 10-12 puffs on a single dip into a contact case? that means i'd have to dip each time i use, which is not a big deal since i'll be at my desk most of the day. I know dripping only gives me about 10 puffs, i wonder what dipping will get me.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
I think an atty will last longer on anything compared to the stock filler. There are old pros around here using the stock filler but they keep up with it and keep it wet. Most seem to run the atty dry with the stock filler.

I quickly got tired of topping off the stock cart. Dripping last about as long as topping off as far as I can tell. The 306 will work for dipping, the 510 for dripping. I don't have an atty that will work with dipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread