Who are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
This thread is to pop in and introduce yourself give us all a little background and let everyone know who we're dealing with.

So in the spirit of things i better start this one going myself. My name is Mark i've lived in Oldham for the past ten years but i was born and raised as a Bedfordshire boy. I'm 33 years old and despite having had an e-cig before now only really started vaping about 1 1/2 months ago.

I like you was a regular 25-30 a day smoker but 2 months ago i had a spontanious pneumothorax (google it lol) and ended up in hospital. Reluctant to give up all smoking i ordered my second e-cig and have been vaping instead. I make no statements of any health benifits as there are plenty of threads for things like that - however personally i feel a lot better for having no tar getting into my lungs.

I have just started and volunteered to be a mod for the PIF - UK branch as ECF is possibly the largest e-cig forum online and it seemed a shame that there was a PIF for the USA but no UK version.

That pretty much brings me up to where we are . That's me now it's your turn :)

Last edited:

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
Hi Mark. I started vaping about 2 months ago too. I live up in the North East of England but I'm originally from down south.

I'm 38, married, 2 kids (1 lives with the ex wife) and love vaping!

I am the ECCA forum rep for the All about forum and sometimes do bits of art for people in return for vaping supplies.

I recently got a SS GGTS and spend a lot of time on the GG threads here at ECF.

:)

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
Hi people!

I'm Duncan, Lived in North London now for 4 years, London boy all my life :)

My dad died of emphaseama (I know I can't spell it) and I have asthma + children, the perfect combination for a quit attempt! I smoked for 17yrs and never managed to quit for more than a week, then in Feb I found e-cigs. I went through many many versions (spent about £300 so far) until I found my baby, the Riva 901. Yes the batteries die for no reason but the taste and vapor is amazing.
I went diy from the start, now I mix up a little strawberry number that I relish and can't get enough of. I tried all the usual flavours that I enjoy in real life and I never liked real strawberries so it took me by surprise!

Anyway enough about me, happy to meet you lovely people here on ECF and looking forward to the growth of this pif board :) :)

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
Hi people!

I'm Duncan, Lived in North London now for 4 years, London boy all my life :)

My dad died of emphaseama (I know I can't spell it) and I have asthma + children, the perfect combination for a quit attempt! I smoked for 17yrs and never managed to quit for more than a week, then in Feb I found e-cigs. I went through many many versions (spent about £300 so far) until I found my baby, the Riva 901. Yes the batteries die for no reason but the taste and vapor is amazing.
I went diy from the start, now I mix up a little strawberry number that I relish and can't get enough of. I tried all the usual flavours that I enjoy in real life and I never liked real strawberries so it took me by surprise!

Anyway enough about me, happy to meet you lovely people here on ECF and looking forward to the growth of this pif board :) :)

Awesome story Duncan - the spelling doesn't matter mine can be terrible at times. It's an honour and a pleasure to see you here. In my honest opinion vaping is all about the sweet spot once you've found it how you got there really doesn't matter. If a short battery life is your only bug-bare then life is good :)

There will be plenty of swaps freebies and of course the PIF in this forum so please feel free to point any UK member looking for such things in this direction see if we can get a few bookmarks going on.

Thanks
Mark

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
Hi Mark. I started vaping about 2 months ago too. I live up in the North East of England but I'm originally from down south.

I'm 38, married, 2 kids (1 lives with the ex wife) and love vaping!

I am the ECCA forum rep for the All about forum and sometimes do bits of art for people in return for vaping supplies.

I recently got a SS GGTS and spend a lot of time on the GG threads here at ECF.

:)

Hi Lee,

Love to do a bit of art myself from time to time - it's a pleasure to see you over here and of course you are more than welcome to kick back grab some freebies swap some stuff or PIF .. SS GGTS - Pretty!

Thanks,
Mark

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm Chrissie & been vaping for almost 3 years :) Used to be a very heavy smoker & thought nothing could help me.

Soon after I bought my first e-cig in early July 2008 I was so impressed with it (even though it was a super- mini :D) I wanted to tell the world about it. So after seeing a thread on an ebay community board were someone was asking if anyone had used an e-cig, i set up an eBay group called All about e-cigs (this was before I found ECF). Then in October 2009 I was warned by eBay that unless I removed every link to e-cigs in the group (ebay banned the sale of e-cigs in June 2009) my group would be closed down. So I moved the group to a Proboard with the same name.

The all about e-cig forum is pretty busy so I don't tend to have much spare time to post here these days :( I just try to look out for & help any new UK members on the new members board as much as possible :)

I now mainly use my GGTS & recently discovered Dual Coil cartos - they are brilliant.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
Wow Chrissie that's one heck of a story. Unfortunately ebay don't like most of the fun stuff it used to list and now doesn't seem to want to list any of it all. I can appreciate that you must be extremely busy so thank you for stopping by and saying hello you are more than welcome to join in the PIF or head anyone that you think might like or benefit from it in this direction - it would be lovely to see it as busy as the USA PIF.

GG's seem to be very popular.
Thanks again for dropping by and letting us know about yourself :)

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
A Cave In Stirling, Scotland.
Hi I'm Richard and I'm a vaper. . . .

Sorry, went all support group there.

I live in Scotland, specifically the City (or so it claims) of Stirling.
I am the current but soon to be replaced ECCA UK Rep for the ECF, have to step down due to health mainly.
Came to vaping on 8th March and have not looked back.
Trying me hand at modding and vaping away happily on one of my own devices all day (cos I build a portable and a PT).
I think I am on all the UK forums but spend most time either here or at AAE-C (Chrissies') Forum and the Cloud9Vaping forum.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
Excellent to have you on-board Richard - looking to try some modding soon myself just need to locate some more parts . It's a crying shame you have to step down but i really must thank you for all your sterling work in getting us to this point - if your sucessor is half as good we'll be golden.

You're welcome here anytime Richard and i hope to see you swapping some mod parts in that forum who knows maybe i'll be able to swap with you very soon.

Thanks again,
Mark

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
Excellent to have you on-board Richard - looking to try some modding soon myself just need to locate some more parts . It's a crying shame you have to step down but i really must thank you for all your sterling work in getting us to this point - if your sucessor is half as good we'll be golden.

You're welcome here anytime Richard and i hope to see you swapping some mod parts in that forum who knows maybe i'll be able to swap with you very soon.

Thanks again,
Mark

I may well be donating prototype mods to the treasure chest at some point since I don't hoard things like I used to and the prototypes are not as neatly made as the ones I will be selling at some point since by nature they are experimental.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
I may well be donating prototype mods to the treasure chest at some point since I don't hoard things like I used to and the prototypes are not as neatly made as the ones I will be selling at some point since by nature they are experimental.

Any and all are welcome - in fact curiousity begs that i ask for a sneak peek lol

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
20110619233221808.jpg

Sorry bout the watermark my software seems to be playing up.
That is the untested prototype Midi Monster, dual 14500 batteries in parallel with charging circuit with mini USB connection and it has an eGo style 510. The rectangle below the top led is the switch, which is almost touch sensitive.

sjmck

Apr 20, 2011
Scotland
Hi there,

I'm Scott from Forfar in Scotland.

Used to smoke around 30 Regal a day up until 2 months ago.
Since then I've been vaping and have so far saved about £694 on ciggies.

But I've also managed to spend a fair bit on vaping aswell.

Takes time & money to find the right juice, atty, pv etc.

To date my favourite purchases have been the Megalodon, a Bulli A2 atty, a Throahit Twin 18650 VV mod & Lots of Liberro British Bulldog liquid.
Just can't get enough of that juice and has been my favourite since day one.

Really enjoying vaping & the whole social forum scene that goes with it.
Like minded people with a common goal.

The mods are fascinating, so much diy talent out there, it's great to see.
I've followed some of verey's threads & it amazes me how he puts that stuff together.

Anyways, I like a good pay it forward too and will have to check through my box to see what I can dig out.

ScottM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread