Who has the IPV4 that actually likes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Hi all
Couldn't find the topic on VW mods
so I thought I'd post my question here..
I have two IPV4's that have been great running kanthel builds in the power mode,
but I really don't see a difference running the NI200 Atlantis coils in joules mode using the Temperature Control feature of the IPV4..In fact I get a burnt taste in the Atlantis after vaping a tank of juice running the .12 ohm NI200 coil from Vapor Shark..
Now the mod hits great with the kanthel coils in the Starre and Herkakes sub tanks and is great with the .2 ohm kanthel build in the Dark horse at 65w (power mode) but so far TC has been a real disappointment for me :(
b776947e4351699f2b3e20e0e65f20d5.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Today I was in the city and stopped at about 4 vape shops looking for ideally nickle wire or second best Atlantis coils or worst case Subtank coils.

I only use RTA's but I own an Atlantis and I was willing to buy a Subtank if I could find the coils.

No love for TC in CNY!!!

It strikes me as something that I'm not interested in but I don't turn my nose up at anything new. But its gonna have to really WOW me.

Reactions: smacksy

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I like mine I haven't threw any Ti coils on it yet but I like the dual battery. The Door is awesome Id like to see some cool 3D printed ones coming out. I got for a beater mod something to take to work and run around with for that its great.
Im gonna buff the silver off the screen area so I can see the screen better out side. But Im happy with it for the price.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
That sucks.

Its not ideal just sucks isn't right either.

For me at least when I'm outside I'm on the go I don't change settings ever. When I'm home playing I change settings alot. IPV's also have memory so if your a changer 2 seconds of shade will allow 5 settings to be scrolled through fast.

So while its a real world non-issue it was still kinda dumb.

That said a 65 dollar mod with twin 18650's would have to do something really stupid to upset me.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Interested in the IPV4, let there be light.
All I can say is in general I'm very happy with my two IPV4's... I like the taco shell batt cover that makes it a snap to change out batts and it's a comfortable grip in the hand.. Sure beats those little screws on the IPV3, lol
The fact they came with TC is a plus too, I will just have to build with nickel to really check it out..
I also like its made from a stainless material, doesn't scratch up easily around the raised 510 pad...(my aluminum IPV3 is scratched up all around the 510 from my stainless tanks/RDA's)
For $79 apiece it was a good investment for me all in all. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Reactions: smacuser

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I just received mine a couple of days ago. I really like it. I was having 510 mount issues with an older one and wanted a larger battery. I gotta say that the 100 watts is a waste for me and I already buffed the reflection off the window. I went slow with that and it isn't noticeable unless you look for it. I saw a YouTube and the reviewer scrubbed harder and it shows. That is a sore spot for me. P4U should have thought of that. But, the features are pretty nice. Seems solid all around, good clicking, good internal structure and good grip. It has two 2500mah batteries in it. :) I am going to do one of my toppers with nickel to experiment this weekend.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
IPV 4 1.jpg

IPV 4 3.jpg

OK I took it apart its just the 2 screws in the battery cover it takes a H 2 driver the back comes off easily no worries about the board or buttons falling out. I used a pencil eraser to remove some of the sliver from the screen. This is a big improvement IMO but it dose leave a black area where the screen is so some people might not like that.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
View attachment 458728
View attachment 458729

OK I took it apart its just the 2 screws in the battery cover it takes a H 2 driver the back comes off easily no worries about the board or buttons falling out. I used a pencil eraser to remove some of the sliver from the screen. This is a big improvement IMO but it dose leave a black area where the screen is so some people might not like that.

Thanks for the tip. I just did the same and it is much better. With the mirror coating removed, it is now as bright as the screen on the SX Mini.

Reactions: SissySpike

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
That's odd..they should be about the same I would think..

I think it is a manufacturing variance. I suspect that the screen on mine had a much thicker mirror coating on the backside. It took a considerable amount of erasing to remove the mirror coating.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I think it is a manufacturing variance. I suspect that the screen on mine had a much thicker mirror coating on the backside. It took a considerable amount of erasing to remove the mirror coating.
Glad you got it squared away[emoji4]

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Now I got the bug Im going to disassemble it and maybe paint it green or possibly a swirl paint job with neon colors
Remember if the paint gets scratched the stainless will show through.. I hear stainless is hard to paint and stay scratch/wear free.. Just sayin

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Unless you have one different from the rest of us its anodized aluminum.

If it were stainless it would be pretty heavy also if you dont believe me take the battery door off and scratch it with a knife You would not be able to that to SS.
I take your word for it... But it is alot heavier than my aluminum IPV3, and its more scratch resistant around the 510 pad... I cut the battery band inside the case and put a little scratch in it... So I guess it is anodised AL .. Learn something new every day on these forums.. Lol

Last edited:

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
When I ordered the IPV4 it didn't even come with TC so I could care less.

I LOVE mine. Fits nicely in my hand and battery life is unreal. I rarely go much over 30w rarer still over 40.

For low power users like me that hate carrying extra batteries its as close to perfect as possible.

If somebody likes the TC so much the better, for them.

This isn't my only mod and it certianly won't be my last but since the day it came my hand just don't feel right when its not there. Chances of me every buying another single 18650 mod again are getting closer to zero everyday.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
When I ordered the IPV4 it didn't even come with TC so I could care less.

I LOVE mine. Fits nicely in my hand and battery life is unreal. I rarely go much over 30w rarer still over 40.

For low power users like me that hate carrying extra batteries its as close to perfect as possible.

If somebody likes the TC so much the better, for them.

This isn't my only mod and it certianly won't be my last but since the day it came my hand just don't feel right when its not there. Chances of me every buying another single 18650 mod again are getting closer to zero everyday.
Kool.. My two aren't the only mods I own either..I started with mechs, got the IPV3 and then these two IPV4's last month...
Some swear about TC but I really don't care for it that much...thx for the reply
243aa821d613ce121684a040ff77234c.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread