• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

"Who is John Galt?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
"When you have made evil the means of survival, do not expect men to remain good. Do not expect them to stay moral and lose their lives for the purpose of becoming the fodder of the immoral. Do not expect them to produce, when production is punished and looting rewarded. Do not ask, 'Who is destroying the world? You are."

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
another of my favorites:

You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That world is not the product of your sins, it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection. You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, and you have wished it, and I-I am the man who has granted you your wish.

“Your ideal had an implacable enemy, which your code of morality was designed to destroy. I have withdrawn that enemy. I have taken it out of your way and out of your reach. I have removed the source of all those evils you were sacrificing one by one. I have ended your battle. I have stopped your motor. I have deprived your world of man’s mind"

thomas_mikel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Winterfell
This country wasn't built by men who sought handouts. In its brilliant youth, this country showed the rest of the world what greatness was possible to Man and what happiness is possible on Earth. Then it began apologizing for its greatness and began giving away its wealth, feeling guilty for having produced more than its neighbors. I saw what was wrong with the world and where the battle for Life had to be fought. I saw that the enemy was an inverted morality and that my acceptance of that morality was its only power. To those of you who retain some remnant of dignity and the will to live your lives for yourselves, you have the chance to make the same choice. Examine your values and understand that you must choose one side or the other. Any compromise between good and evil only hurts the good and helps the evil.

If you've understood what I've said, stop supporting your destroyers. Don't accept their philosophy. Your destroyers hold you by means of your endurance, your generosity, your innocence, and your love. Don't exhaust yourself to help build the kind of world that you see around you now. In the name of the best within you, don't sacrifice the world to those who will take away your happiness for it.

Kilroy2.0 posting in Drag :)

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
“We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one’s happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt.

“There is a difference between our strike and all those you’ve practiced for centuries: our strike consists, not of making demands, but of granting them. We are evil, according to your morality. We have chosen not to harm you any longer. We are useless, according to your economics. We have chosen not to exploit you any longer. We are dangerous and to be shackled, according to your politics. We have chosen not to endanger you, nor to wear the shackles any longer. We are only an illusion, according to your philosophy. We have chosen not to blind you any longer and have left you free to face reality-the reality you wanted, the world as you see it now, a world without mind.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
You could if you knew me :laugh:

I'm in the process of crazy cleaning spree for Turkey day and I FINALLY unpacked the last three boxes I had laying around since I moved 5 years ago 8-o ... I know I'm slow to assimilate to change :lol:... BUT in the boxes were all my beloved books that I had almost forgotten about and amongst them were the two classics The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. Rand has a place from me next to Homer and Dante mmmm Hemingway and Allende ...GOD I love books!! :wub:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread