Who uses the extended cap on the reg provari v2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
I just received my provari taday and i love. I also bought 1 18490 and 1 18650 battery with extended cap. I am a moderate vapor and want to know if you guys notice a really big difference between the batteries. If its not that big of a difference i might end up selling the 18650 and cap and just buy another 18490 battery.

it depends on your usage ejaye. as a moderate vapor it might not be the worse to switch batteries and start recharging it right away. from my experience as a heavy vapor, the 18650s make a huge difference--i would venture to say you get like double the vape time than the 18490, especially if you use the ones that are 2000 mAH. i would hold on to the extension cap for a bit and experiment.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Just my opinion, but I prefer the feel of the v2 with the extention as opposed to the regular end cap. Same on the mini. It's just a tad more rounded on the end that the regular cap. The way I hold mine, the regular cap sort of hits the middle of my palm and digs in a bit. The mini with the extention felt rather nicely situated too, so now I'm considering getting a mini for myself. I suppose I could just round off the edge of the regular cap, but it feels wrong to tinker with any part of a Provari. :)

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
I use both the 18490 and 18650 + extension. The difference is pretty substantial. With that said, I usually use a 18490 and it lasts me through about half the day, where as a 18650 will last the whole day. I like the 18490 size more for on the go, and I carry extra batteries with me either way, so I just pop two extra 18490s in the battery box and throw them in my Provari case. Changing the batteries once a day doesn't bother me so it's never been a big deal. I only use my 18650s at home and when I will be vaping heavier than I would when on the go.

ejaye

Jun 9, 2012
california
I use both the 18490 and 18650 + extension. The difference is pretty substantial. With that said, I usually use a 18490 and it lasts me through about half the day, where as a 18650 will last the whole day. I like the 18490 size more for on the go, and I carry extra batteries with me either way, so I just pop two extra 18490s in the battery box and throw them in my Provari case. Changing the batteries once a day doesn't bother me so it's never been a big deal. I only use my 18650s at home and when I will be vaping heavier than I would when on the go.

What case do you use?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I use the one that ProVape sells which appears to actually be something that was made for a Nintendo DS. Regardless, I like it a lot.

:oops:

I should probably clarify that I use the case to carry extra batteries and carts. My ProVari travels with me via holster (Serenity Gear).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread