The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who uses the extended cap on the reg provari v2?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by ejaye, Jun 12, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ejaye

ejaye Full Member

Jun 9, 2012
    california
    I just received my provari taday and i love. I also bought 1 18490 and 1 18650 battery with extended cap. I am a moderate vapor and want to know if you guys notice a really big difference between the batteries. If its not that big of a difference i might end up selling the 18650 and cap and just buy another 18490 battery.

2. patch

patch Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2012
    nyc
    it depends on your usage ejaye. as a moderate vapor it might not be the worse to switch batteries and start recharging it right away. from my experience as a heavy vapor, the 18650s make a huge difference--i would venture to say you get like double the vape time than the 18490, especially if you use the ones that are 2000 mAH. i would hold on to the extension cap for a bit and experiment.

3. ejaye

ejaye Full Member

Jun 9, 2012
    california
    Thanks patch. i will experiment and see the difference.

4. tinstar15

tinstar15 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL
    Just my opinion, but I prefer the feel of the v2 with the extention as opposed to the regular end cap. Same on the mini. It's just a tad more rounded on the end that the regular cap. The way I hold mine, the regular cap sort of hits the middle of my palm and digs in a bit. The mini with the extention felt rather nicely situated too, so now I'm considering getting a mini for myself. I suppose I could just round off the edge of the regular cap, but it feels wrong to tinker with any part of a Provari. :)

5. dirfm

dirfm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use the extension all the time. Actually never used the normal end cap. What i like is the full 18650 power with all day playing. The size to me is not that big.

6. ebbrey

ebbrey Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norway
    Never used the standard cap. Got 3 18650's

7. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    Never tried the smaller batts. I don't even own any. 18650 is king in my world.

8. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Same here. Bigger, better.

9. R53_Dave

R53_Dave Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2012
    USA
    +1 on the extended cap and 18650 batteries. It adds less than an inch overall but vapes for 2+ days before I have to swap batteries. Bigger does = better.

10. Bwana

Bwana Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 6, 2012
    Houston
    Before I started vaping, I had flashlights that use 18650s. My first mod was the Silver Bullet, so the extension on the ProVari was a no-brainer. They're the only batteries I use right now. That is until I can't live without a piccolo or something.

11. ejaye

ejaye Full Member

Jun 9, 2012
    california
    I like how the extended battery feels. The 18490 lasted about 2 days for me and now i am testing the 18650. Hopefully i can get about 3 to 4 days with this mod.

12. 79Silo

79Silo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i'm a heavy vaper.. 18650 really did a great job of 24hours time of heavy vaping

13. hellsh0cked

hellsh0cked Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2011
    Connecticut
    I always use the 18650 batteries with the extension cap. It last me all day and a little into the morning. The smaller batteries would die if I had to work late. I vape about 4-6ml a day.

14. NickZac

NickZac Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use both the 18490 and 18650 + extension. The difference is pretty substantial. With that said, I usually use a 18490 and it lasts me through about half the day, where as a 18650 will last the whole day. I like the 18490 size more for on the go, and I carry extra batteries with me either way, so I just pop two extra 18490s in the battery box and throw them in my Provari case. Changing the batteries once a day doesn't bother me so it's never been a big deal. I only use my 18650s at home and when I will be vaping heavier than I would when on the go.

15. meeems

meeems Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Haven't used the standard . love the HEFT of the extension. and i love the fact that i dont have to switch batteries every three hours, like i did with the mini, which i traded for the provari v2, and now i'm good forever...i'll never get another mod, this is it for me. i am lovin this thing.

16. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    Same here Meems.

17. Fiamma

Fiamma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2012
    So Calif
    Always use 18650's and the extended cap on all 4 regular sized Provaris.

18. ejaye

ejaye Full Member

Jun 9, 2012
    california
    What case do you use?

19. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I use the one that ProVape sells which appears to actually be something that was made for a Nintendo DS. Regardless, I like it a lot.

:oops:

20. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I should probably clarify that I use the case to carry extra batteries and carts. My ProVari travels with me via holster (Serenity Gear).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.