• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Who wants to talk to a reporter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hi there!

Baring any schedule conflicts, it appears I'll be able to talk to my friend in the next few days.

If anyone would like to talk to her, please PM me your name and phone/email contact info and I will pass it along to her.

Vicks - by some chance, do you the pamphlet you printed out available in a .pdf file to email to me? if so, I'll PM you my email address. I'd love to take a copy of it to my meeting.

With Doyle expected to sign the smoking ban bill on Monday, sounds like this story could be well timed =)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Hi there!

Baring any schedule conflicts, it appears I'll be able to talk to my friend in the next few days.

If anyone would like to talk to her, please PM me your name and phone/email contact info and I will pass it along to her.

Vicks - by some chance, do you the pamphlet you printed out available in a .pdf file to email to me? if so, I'll PM you my email address. I'd love to take a copy of it to my meeting.

With Doyle expected to sign the smoking ban bill on Monday, sounds like this story could be well timed =)

Don't have it as a PDF, but I do have the original word document....I'll EM it to you as soon as you shoot me an address....

I know you asked me if I would be the willing victim - er - volunteer for the reporter spot, and will still do so, unless someone else in the group would like the honor....you have my contact info already if you need it...:D

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hello all!

Well, I spoke to my friend tonight. Not only is she interested, she thinks that this deserves an 'investigative' story; not just a 1 min. segment.

So, she's going to talk to her health editor on Monday & I'll probably be hearing something back from her around Wednesday, which is when she's going to want names and contact info LOL

OMG; I was so nervous talking to her, which has never happened to me before! I know I started rambling and I had all those butterflies in my tummy.....I hate being a pitchman! LOL but, it is something that I honestly believe in.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Aww...thank you:oops:
Yah; when one feels so passionate about something, and there's so many angles like there is with this subject....it's just too easy to become a bundle of nerves!!

I'm working on an email with links for her to read over between now and Monday. If you have any suggested reading material links, I'd love to see them!

I converted your pamphlet into a .pdf file & I'm sending it over to her also =)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hi everyone!

Between "end of the year" stuff at one "job" (actually, I'm a volunteer, but DH says they saw a sucker coming LOL), and getting ready for a child's 10th birthday party, & helping out on a under-chaperoned field trip, things have been crazy.
I always have time to read (aka multi-tasking), but the brain's not functioning well enough to write coherantly (sp?? see what I mean! LOL)

But, I did want to let you know I haven't heard anything from my friend yet. Of course, now that I write this, she'll probably call tomorrow LOL
OH! I might even see her tomorrow....but in a mommy capacity, so needless to say, I won't be talking 'shop' with her there.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know where we stand on that one.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
update: I did see her on Wednesday night! LOL
She said that she's talked to her editor, and she's trying to get it as a feature story - not just a blurb! She said she's really excited about it and hopes that she hears something soon.

So, that's all I know now.

With Vicks getting her stick, and all the other various PVs we have among us (I should be getting a 510 today...was going to go with the stick, but I wanted it NOW LOL), we could have another gathering when she's available and really give her an idea of what's all involved in this! LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
wow! standing ovation for not doing anything? Just imagining what will happen if something does happen!! LOL

I predict: If something does happen.....

Wisconsin would stand still - the smoking ban wouldn't be passed, and vaping would be rewarded by free goodies!

hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
And dream on, you shall, as I don't think any of those things occured when I got an email from her today!!

LMAO!! Isn't that the way it always goes!! LOL

She said that they will definitely be doing the story and it's going to be done as a special report. She's going to be getting back in touch with me next week to set things up; she just wanted to touch base since she finally got the approval.

So, we may have to get together sooner than we all expected!

Come on...it's for the good of the Vaping communitee!!
And with all the 901s, sticks, KBs, 510s & mods, we'll have quite an arsinal.

(I've been playing too much Mafia Wars lately....wonder if PCs would be a weapon, armor or vehicle??? lol)

Oh! since I got a standing ovation for doing nothing, when you toss the flowers, can they be lilacs?? mine are blooming here and I have been in Heaven this year ---- CAUSE I HAVE MY SMELL BACK!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread