Who'd you rather? Boge or Bauway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hi all...I am going to grab 2 more atomizers just to have in case of emergency. madvapes sells both Boge and Bauway 2.5 ohm units. I kinda want to see what LR is all about, assuming 2.5 ohm is "low" resistance, since my RoughStack kit came with 3 ohm. I'm kinda thinking it probably doesn't really matter which brand.

So, who'd you rather? :p

Thanks a bunch!

ice

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
2.5 ohms is NOT low resistance. 1.7 or so is...but I would not even believe the 2.5 claim...

I would not touch either! I bought this Bauway kit from madvapes: 510 eGo Kit

The batteries have a ~4 second cut off that interrupts me mid draw unless I pulse the button to get around it...very annoying! I have not tested them on a meter but they barely put out enough power to get any vapor going. They are simply very weak.

It came with 2 atomizers that I really don't know if they are Bauway (it's a Bauway kit) or Boge or what, but one of them had a black rubber seal (ring) at the connection end, the other white, with a larger hole, so they were not even the same! One had a resistance of 3.4 ohms (pretty high for a 3.7 battery, especially a weak one) and the other had a resistance of 4.9 ohms! That one has to be run on 5+ volts to even function. Neither of them perform very well at all...even on a better battery or 5 volt passthrough.

I'll stick with Joye from now on. At least 6 out of 10 of their atomizers work.

Last edited:

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Ok interesting. And thanks Quexos for clearing that up. I wasn't sure when people say LR what the actual ohm range value should be. So it sounds like anything well below 2 ohms would be considered LR?

I am on the waiting list now at MV for the Bauway 1.7 ohm 510 atomizers. I guess I'll give it a shot.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback on this!

ice

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
So it sounds like anything well below 2 ohms would be considered LR?

Yeah, I think that would be a good assumption. I think I have seen them rated at 1.7 - 1.9. And normal atomizers at 2.2 - 2.5.

That said, the 2 atomizers that came with my Bauway kit were both crap and had high/very high resistance. If those were the same as the Bauway attys Madvapes sells outside of a kit...they are junk and the 2.5 ohm claim is BS. They may be the SLB atomizers they show as 3.2 ohm, though I have no idea why they would toss those into a "Bauway" kit. either way, one was junk, the other was junk on anything lower than 5 volts...translation, they were both junk considering they came with a 3.7 volt kit.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
2.5 ohms is NOT low resistance. 1.7 or so is...but I would not even believe the 2.5 claim...

I'll stick with Joye from now on. At least 6 out of 10 of their atomizers work.
All I use are authentic Joyes (2.1Ω) I buy from LiteCig. The imitations just don't cut it.

I don't quite get your '6 out of 10' comment. I've only had 2 bad ones in over a year. Bad meaning they only lasted for about 2 weeks.

To the OP, a standard Joye will probably feel like LR if all you have been using are knock-offs (it actually is LR in comparison).

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
I don't quite get your '6 out of 10' comment. I've only had 2 bad ones in over a year. Bad meaning they only lasted for about 2 weeks.

Recently I bought 10 (2 x 5 packs) Joye 510 atomizers from Heaven Gifts. Upon first use when brand new...2 were DOA, totally cold and dead. 1 had a resistance of 4.9 ohms and popped instantly the first time I tried to use (pretty much DOA). 1 will glow red and get hot, but produce only the tiniest little puff of vapor and has an extremely hard draw...feels plugged up. 6 worked ok...2 worked really well.

In short. 10 new attys. 4 were completely unusable. Only 2 were really good performers, and only 2 more were what I would call "good". 2 were ok at best.

Of the 22 or so atomizers I have owned since starting vaping ~7 months ago, that has been a pretty constant scenario. Buy 10, get 4 good ones, 2 crappy/leaky/fiddly ones, and 4 completely dead ones.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
To the OP:

If you're talking about a 510, then regular = 2.1 to 2.5 ohms, LR = 1.5 to 1.9 ohms. You really need a meter to get the full story on an atty, it doesn't matter what they sold it as, they turn up at any rating and you have to sort them out according to what they will work best on, for example an eGo, or 3.7, or 5 volts.

A lot of atties are coming out faulty now, with the airways plugged up. They meter OK but the pull is very hard and they produce little or no vapor. There's no fix for this, they are DOA.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Honestly, I haven't had ANY atomizers die on me. Bauways haven't had any more problems than Joye's but I find that the Bauways REALLY deliver the throat hit and vapor so much more. Joye's tend to work fine the first couple of days then drop off in production for the rest of their life span. But seeing as I've never had one die I can't say what their lifespan might be VS eachother. Both have proven their quality, just bauway tends to give a better vaping experience. The Joye does what it's supposed to do, but to a very minimal extent.

cruisedoc

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
This is the quest - better performing & longer lasting attys. I haven't had good success w/ Bauway ..low vapor, short life. I've tried everything except the new CE2 (version 4). I HAVE had pretty good success w/ Boge cartos (reg. = 3 ohm; LR = 2 ohm). They last about 1-2 weeks & a 5 pack sells for about 7.95. These days I'm using the boge cartos LR & reg. 510's from Joye Tech. Joye's LR 510's haven't lasted long for me. SLR is crap. Expert brand have a wide bridge & produce tons of great vapor, but only last a few days ($6.95 each). They are top notch performers for 2 days. The best combo of performance & life-span remains 510's from Joye w/ attys, and boge LR cartos. But, like most, I'm always looking for better. Companies like Joye & Royal Smokes are always looking to improve product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread