Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Muted immediately is not all that uncommon, coils need a break in period. I have some coils that produce good flavor after 2mls or so and others that will take 5ml to break in. As far as longevity of flavor that varies widely based on juice type.

I have 3 all day vape juices that vary widely as to their impact on coil life. I will get get anywhere from 60ml to 120ml through a coil again depending on the juice. I vape anywhere fro 40 to 70W again depending on the juice and coil combo. All coils are between .15 to .20ohms.

Freemax Mesh Pro coils seem to last the longest 80 to 120ml, followed closely by Vaporesso Mesh coils 60 to 90ml and finally Aspire Revvo coils 60 to 80ml.

I get anywhere from 4 to 8 days on a coil if I vape only one tank. Having 2 to 4 in rotation obviously increase this.

I'm a freak about how to prime my coils. I think it does 3 things for me
1) No dry hits ever
2) Shorter break in period
3) Increase coil life - ok not so sure it helps coil life

Watch this video it shows how I prime.

It would help if we knew what tanks, coils, wattage, how often you change, do you always use new coils or coils you've attempted to clean, etc...

If you are using coils you've cleaned are they drop in coils or coils you've made? Drop in coils just don't lend themselves to cleaning. I do it with coils I've used to sample a new juice and have not vaped more than a couple mls. Coils you build and wick yourself demand cleaning. So used drop in coils that have been cleaned I would expect muted flavor. Coils you make and wick I would expect good flavor after cleaning. This of course assume they are wicked, sized and positioned correctly in your RTA, RDA etc.. All of this has a significant impact on flavor.

Reactions: Susaz

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
People talk about the vapor's tongue a lot in regards to my complains about muted flavor.. Although that may be correct to a degree, I think a lot of it has to do with the VG levels of the juice and my tank.

I just got a flavor that is thick and sweet, and it is not hitting worth a damn.
Possibilities:
Dirty atty
Bad wicking job
Wrong voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread