Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Im new to vaping and yesterday i bought my first vape which is a second hand vgod elite set. The guy who i bought it to has already rebuilt the coil so i thought there would be no problem and i even tested it when we met up, it was working fine. When I got home, I tested it again, i put some ejuice in the coil and cotton and started vaping it. But after 2-3 puffs, I start to get dry hits even though there is enough juice in it. Also, the mod, battery, especially the atomizer gets sooo hot. I also noticed that the coil was burnt. I am not familiar with mech mods so I dont know what the problem is. Is it because the ohms of the dual coil is too high for the battery? Is it because of the coil itself? Am i doing something wrong? Should i replace it with new coils? here's a picture of the coil:

If im doing something wrong, please tell and teach me how to vape properly lol. Please help thanks.

Let me give you the First Rule of using a Mechanical Mod.

"You Can Not Press the Fire Button on a Mechanical Mod unless you know what the Resistance of your Build is and How Many Amp it will draw From your Battery."

There are No Safety Features on a Mechanical Mod. You are the Safety Feature. If you use a Build with Too Low of a Resistance, you can Force the Battery to Exceed it's Amperage Limit. Now you have a Potential Pipe Bomb in your Hand with one end Stuck in your Mouth.

If you Don't know why your Mech Mod is getting Really Hot, you need to Stop Using it Immediately.

This Mod Isn't the right one to start with. Get an Inexpensive Regulated Mod and use it until you have a Good Understanding of...

Ohms Law and how Resistance and Amps are Related
What the Constant Discharge Rate (CDR) Amp Rating is for a Batteries
What a Hybrid Mech Mod is and how using the Wrong Atomizer on it can be a Big Problem

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Your Mechanical (Mech) mod is now a back-up mod. Get a regulated mod ($30-$40 for something that will last) I am sure peeps here can recommend a mod.

We see in the news far to often that an accident happens. Knowing the ohms rating of your coil is paramount. Although there are some better batteries, your choco is mid-upper category. You should also have a spare battery for that matter.

Stay in this thread, listen, ask, and you will get safer.

Good luck!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread