Status
Not open for further replies.

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
A co worker asked me today "What is that?!?" (in reference to my latest box mod) and without thinking I replied "It's a PV I made last night"
After a moment of silence he said "That is the weirdest vibrator I have ever seen, and I don't want to see it again!" We had a good laugh while I defined Personal VAPORIZER! Not VIBRATOR! The acronyms become second nature after a while, but mean NOTHING to non vapors LOL!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
A co worker asked me today "What is that?!?" (in reference to my latest box mod) and without thinking I replied "It's a PV I made last night"
After a moment of silence he said "That is the weirdest vibrator I have ever seen, and I don't want to see it again!" We had a good laugh while I defined Personal VAPORIZER! Not VIBRATOR! The acronyms become second nature after a while, but mean NOTHING to non vapors LOL!

If that's you in your avatar, I sure would feel a little uncomfortable too, if I saw you with another kind of PV...

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
Yah, I thought about that "Just for men" beard coloring......... but the rest of me would still give away the age LOL!
And yes, that is me in the avatar. I'm a leather wearing, patched biker. Millwright by trade, so I can't give the guys at work an inch or they will take a mile. Been hard enough that I quit smoking and started vaping, but I beat them all up the stairs now, so that bought me some slack :)

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA

unquiet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philly
called "General E-Smoking Discussion?" Shouldn't it be "General VAPING Discussion?"Discuss...

Yes, yes it should.

Especially since it irritates the h3ll out of me personally :p
Seriously - we all talk about quitting smoking and stupid people saying 'well, you're still smoking' and the ANTz claiming 'blah, blah, blah' - and yet the ECF home page shouts "E-Smoking"...?!?!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Personal Vaporizer sounds to me like you have a lung condition that is being medically treated. I've never cared for the term. If you say PV, they get a questioning look and you have to say electronic cigarette. Then they get it.

Ecig clicks with everyone I come in contact with. They know it's not a cigarette from the lack of smoke smell, so they ask what it is. Ecig lights up their eyes with recognition, but they want to know why it's so big (Provari). They've seen the Blu on TV and haven't seen mods yet. Most every has a brother in law or a family member they are going to tell about what they saw. I give them one of the vendor cards that come in my orders.

To me, spreading the word means making it simple and positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread