Why isn't this a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo0m5l4ng

Oct 22, 2014
Tennessee
Perhaps it is already, but why hasn't an accessory for atomizers that will catch juice running off not a thing? An adapter that screws under the atomizer that simply catches run off?

I am sick of my mods getting juicelogged and the table I vape at being slippery. Tonight I grabbed a roll of aluminum ducting tape and made a bowl that sits under the atomiser and catches anything that runs off, and it works perfect, but looks janky as all hell and I would never bring it out in public.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Instead of trying to catch excess juice I have either, solved the leaking issues, or moved on to atomizers that don't leak.;)
Yeah, we're well beyond the days of "all tanks leak, and there's nothing you can do about it." What tank(s)/atomizer(s) are you using?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are getting "runoff on to the table" then you are doing it wrong. I'm not exactly sure what type of wrong you are doing, but whatever it is, you are definitely doing it wrong.

It is not a "vaping thing," because for the most part there is no DEMAND for it. You should be asking, "How can I stop this from happening?" Not "Who makes the best vape bib."

LOL no offense intended but remedial leaking 101 should be your next step, not getting someone to manufacture you what you have creatively made, etc.

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Some older mods have a very small catch-cup as part of the 510.

This is a thing btw
ne9DIpb.jpg

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Perhaps it is already, but why hasn't an accessory for atomizers that will catch juice running off not a thing? An adapter that screws under the atomizer that simply catches run off?

I am sick of my mods getting juicelogged and the table I vape at being slippery. Tonight I grabbed a roll of aluminum ducting tape and made a bowl that sits under the atomiser and catches anything that runs off, and it works perfect, but looks janky as all hell and I would never bring it out in public.

In the days of cartos, it was a thing. There were sleeves - drip shields - that you put around cartomizers for the express purpose of catching excess juice. Also, the Reo Grand was designed to use cartos and still has a vestige of that application: a "catch cup" around the 510 connector to catch any excess juice that leaked from the 510 connector.

Most of that went away with the advent of the more current RDAs and RTAs as it is much easier and less messy to vape now-a-days

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm sorry if I offended you. And most vapers have issues with vaping, yes, but I think it's more productive to try and isolate the causes of the leak and etc. And no, I don't have a problem with my drippers having a slow and persistent leak, but when I started with RTAs, I had FLOODS of leaking, and then I learned how to use them.

I do genuinely think they aren't manufactured on a mass market basis because it's not typical to have each and every dripper you own have "slow persistent leaks" so that tells me there is something you are probably doing or NOT doing, that is causing that to happen . Sure everyone gets the occasional leaky mod an whatnot, and maybe that atomizer gets retired, but all of them to that extent? Not really.

If you want to just live with it, that's totally up to you. But, if you want to like, cause them to act more productively, I would maybe start with pics of your coils and wicking and etc.

I was making several key mistakes, repetitively and swore I'd never take one out of the house, but once I figured out my problem(s) they surf around in my purse sometimes upside down and definitely not leaking. Etc.

Anna

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I returned a few times, I just didn't like the attitude so I said screw it. If no one else has a problem with drippers having a slow persistent drip, then there isn't much point in continuing the discussion.

What tank(s)/atomizer(s) are you using?

What tank are you using, maybe we can help you figure why it's leaking

Some older mods have a very small catch-cup as part of the 510.

Maybe a bottom feeder (squonk) setup would suit you?

In the days of cartos, it was a thing. There were sleeves - drip shields - that you put around cartomizers for the express purpose of catching excess juice. Also, the Reo Grand was designed to use cartos and still has a vestige of that application: a "catch cup" around the 510 connector to catch any excess juice that leaked from the 510 connector.

Most of that went away with the advent of the more current RDAs and RTAs as it is much easier and less messy to vape now-a-days

I vote for an insufficient wick sizing as the culprit. O-rings aside, the next cause is an over-saturated or under-sized wick. Tell us the atomizer brand and model and you will get some assistance.

If you want to just live with it, that's totally up to you. But, if you want to like, cause them to act more productively, I would maybe start with pics of your coils and wicking and etc.

Bo0m5l4ng

Oct 22, 2014
Tennessee
I do genuinely think they aren't manufactured on a mass market basis because it's not typical to have each and every dripper you own have "slow persistent leaks" so that tells me there is something you are probably doing or NOT doing, that is causing that to happen . Sure everyone gets the occasional leaky mod an whatnot, and maybe that atomizer gets retired, but all of them to that extent? Not really.
This is the case for me, so it is something I am doing wrong. Call me a slob. I could sit here and name every single RDA I have, but that is a waste of time, as this thread has already informed me that the problem is me.

We can let the thread die now, as apparently this shouldn't be thing.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No one called you that. However, if you own a reasonable set of atomizers and they all leak, then most likely this issue is going to be user error most likely with something to do with coils, installation, and wicks.

Listing them wouldn't help anyway, as if it's a build, wick or placement issue that runs across the board, you need to remove the caps and take pictures of the builds. If you'd rather retire to the corner than do that, it's totally up to you.

You came here with a problem, you still have one, I personally wouldn't let hurt feelings get in the way of build improvement. I was really happy when my RTAs got to the point that they weren't leaky sieves. I also have a fine motor tremor so getting there took a while. Now might not be the best time to GIVE UP although I suppose it's always possible that like, you have magically assembled all of the most leaky RDAs in the universe. So, post pics and get feedback ,simple, easy, and probably more productive than calling yourself names and retiring to the corner.

Up to you of course, and even if your builds SUCK, so what? You should have seen my first build, it looked like something that drifted down from Saturn or something. Come on now. Just post them.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread