Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
This is the case for me, so it is something I am doing wrong. Call me a slob. I could sit here and name every single RDA I have, but that is a waste of time, as this thread has already informed me that the problem is me.

We can let the thread die now, as apparently this shouldn't be thing.

Well, it would help to know what atomizers you are having trouble with.

I get leaks on some of my squonking RDAs when I over-squonk, but that's my problem and requires a modification of technique.

I also had lots of (more) leaks when I used RTAs. I found that many were very sensitive to the amount, placement, length, density, etc, etc, of the wicking material to prevent leaking or dry hits. Being a huge fan of simplicity and a hater of all things fiddly - I gave up on those. Life is too short to be sucking on a gurgling tank while walking around with juice stains on my shirt and sticky fingers.

I have generally had the best luck with subtanks (hard to screw up a drop-in coil), genesis-style RDTAs, and most RDAs. Pretty much any of those will be leak free if you keep your mod upright and don't overfill.

This group of people here will go out of their way to happily and generously provide a wealth of real-world knowledge based on actual experience if you let them...just need a bit more information before you throw in the (paper) towel.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Did the Nano work out? Not everyone's cup of tea I know .
Dammit! I forgot to write. Apologies. Yes, indeed, it most certainly did. It is on my work mod right now, and I vape it every day. I still love the Serpent SMM in the single coil regime, but I keep breaking the :censored: glasses. So far, I have not broken the Nano's glass. I may have to switch my recommendations. Yes, a truly fine piece of gear and thank you again.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Dammit! I forgot to write. Apologies. Yes, indeed, it most certainly did. It is on my work mod right now, and I vape it every day. I still love the Serpent SMM in the single coil regime, but I keep breaking the :censored: glasses. So far, I have not broken the Nano's glass. I may have to switch my recommendations. Yes, a truly fine piece of gear and thank you again.
Glad it's working out for you. I have yet to break the glass. You can still find a rainbow, gold, or blue if you want a backup.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
..also if you like the SMM the Crius 2 single coil is a winner. The Intake is as close to a Nano as I've I've tried.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I solved the problem for about $0.05

20180929_221927_HDR.jpg

My 510 port is never going to see any liquid ^^

• If your 510 port is recessed, grab a 0.5-1mm thick silicone or rubber ring, place it around the hole. When the ring is thin enough, it will be pressed down completely when you screw down the atomiser and will form a barrier against travelling liquids.
  • If your 510 port is not recessed, grab a 0.5mm thick silicone or rubber ring with a diameter minimally smaller than the diameter of your atomiser. When you screw in the atomiser, it will press down the ring, seal the area, and sit comfortably on the ring.

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
In the days of cartos, it was a thing. There were sleeves - drip shields - that you put around cartomizers for the express purpose of catching excess juice. Also, the Reo Grand was designed to use cartos and still has a vestige of that application: a "catch cup" around the 510 connector to catch any excess juice that leaked from the 510 connector.

Most of that went away with the advent of the more current RDAs and RTAs as it is much easier and less messy to vape now-a-days

I remember those days and most days I don't miss them. Has vaping and tech ever exploded the past few years! I mean there is absolutely something for everyone and no reason to smoke tobacco. I feel for newbies being overwhelmed but so glad there is also so many resources for people to learn with. For the OP, sounds like a genuinely irritating situation. It is indeed a leak or rotton tank, hope you figure it out fast and easy!

Typeopositive

Jul 18, 2018
This was actually my primary motivation moving from a RDA on a triple battery mod to a BF squonk system. With the RDA, it was difficult for me to gauge how much to drip, or if I had dripped too much. Eventually a little bit sneaked it's way past the o-rings or came out of the airflow holes if I had really over done it. The BF Squonk sucks excess juice back after the wick gets saturated. It's basically eliminated the messy mod problem I had before. Might be worth a try, especially if this is an issue across several of your mods and RDA's.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I solved the problem for about $0.05

View attachment 770207
My 510 port is never going to see any liquid ^^

• If your 510 port is recessed, grab a 0.5-1mm thick silicone or rubber ring, place it around the hole. When the ring is thin enough, it will be pressed down completely when you screw down the atomiser and will form a barrier against travelling liquids.
  • If your 510 port is not recessed, grab a 0.5mm thick silicone or rubber ring with a diameter minimally smaller than the diameter of your atomiser. When you screw in the atomiser, it will press down the ring, seal the area, and sit comfortably on the ring.

this is really a nice idea....except for if your juice leaks out the 510 connection :lol: which is usually where all of my BCC tanks leaked from
otherwise your idea is great for tanks that leak from bad o-rings or not put together well enough

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I had a leak the other day for the first time in literally years. I just didn't use enough wick in the coil. I knew it when i fitted it but had gotten too cocky in recent months.

Sitting here thinking about it though, i did have a problem with another tank a few weeks ago. I was using this flavouring which for some reason makes the finished liquid i D.I.Y thinner (Capella Green Apple). So i started using less of that flavouring. Turns out it wasn't the liquid causing the leak, it was an o ring. I had bought a tank which had an o ring which was the wrong size. It's the o ring that sits inside the base of the base of the drip tip of the Kayfun V4 (D38's o ring #36). I just replaced it. Weird how this o ring came with the tank though.

999 times out of 1000 though my wicking works flawlessly. There needs to be some resistance, not a little, but also not too much, and usually if i think it's wrong i'll start again. It's not like there is a shortage of Muji cotton wool.

These days i've got hundreds of strips ready cut in a box. I'll just peel of the compressed outer layers and if it's still too tight i just run my thumb and index fingers along the length and i can remove tiny fluffy whispy strands and then try fitting it again. Using this method i can make a wick which fits perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread