The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why no taste from my e-liquids?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by love coffee, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. love coffee

love coffee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi, been lurking here for a few months, and finally decided to come out of the vaping closet and post!

I've been vaping exclusively for about 3 months now. Quit a nearly 35 year cigarette habit, and I'm still in shock that I did it.:)

But, I also have a question...

I'm using eGo-C twist with a variety of clearos ranging from ViVi Nova, iClear 16, etc. Seems that EVERY e-juice I get has virtually no taste when vaped. :( As my forum name suggests, I love coffee. I found that when I was vaping a small V2 w/clearo, the flavors seemed to come through, but with a bigger, better tool, seems like I can't get any flavor. I've ordered from Ahlusion, EC Blends, HHV, and myfreedomsmokes.

I should say that I have quick-steeped my juice, but still, very little flavor. If anything, I get a chemical/perfumey taste, but NO COFFEE.

Anyone else experience this? What am I doing wrong???

Edited to add: I started with 70/30 PG/VG, but had to reduce PG ratio to 50% because it was seriously irritating my lungs. As a long time smoker, my lungs are compromised by mild to moderate COPD. :-(

2. TastyKakes

TastyKakes Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2013
    Philadelphia
    I would love to help as I, too, LOVE coffee flavored anything - usually. Still haven't found a coffee flavored liquid worthy of stinking up one of my tanks. So far they're usually either a very "dry" flavor, not sweet at all, chemically tasting...
    I'm gonna keep trying (stubborn Irishman) so I'll let you know if I come across a good one.

3. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    a few things...
    you could have what we refer to as vapors tongue....it goes away with time or some people say there are things you can do to help

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/449560-vapors-tongue.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/450383-where-did-go.html

also sometimes certain foods can cause this
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/459164-foods-cause-vapors-tongue.html

the other thing is you mention changing your pg/vg is your coffee vape a diy or bought premade?
    if diy do you use a calculator when mixing? You may be actually using too much flavor in the mix which surprisingly makes the vape flavorless and perfumy or starchy tasting.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/436029-why-starchy-pasta-taste.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/418222-perfume-why-perfume.html

and also the last of the bad news....coffee seems to be the hardest vape to make....most coffee vapes taste nothing like coffee *sadness*

4. love coffee

love coffee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow - thanks for the quick replies! I am using all pre-made juices. I'm not qualified to DIY yet!;)

I will definitely check out the threads about vapors tongue. Since I'm not mixing my own juice, I'm not over-flavoring. They come from reputable suppliers pre-made.

5. francespitt

francespitt Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    los angeles, ca, usa
    I'm having the same problem. I've been vaping for about 2 months now, I've had "vapors tongue" for the past 7-10 days. Today I got a mod, and dripping seems to give me much better flavor, but none of my tanks (all glass) give me true flavor. Hope it ends soon!

6. jjs923

jjs923 Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    NC, USA
    Glad to see this is a real thing. I thought it was a problem with my equipment or juice.

7. RubyRoo

RubyRoo Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If you are looking for some AMAZING coffee flavors, please try out J Vapes. They have Cinilla Coffee and Cafe Yay. So good. They are a 50/50 blend and really, really good. Bon Chance!

8. RedNBlack

RedNBlack Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2013
    NE Georgia USA
    Hey there love coffee,
    3 months Congrats, after 35 years....
    not 100% sure, but your taste may be going through the initial "stinky withdrawal stage". I found that I had to switch up flavors, every other vape to re-train my taste buds...
    Even now, I switch out flavors when they start to "flavor out"........:facepalm:
    The % of VG will also change/mask the flavor of your liquid.....:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.