Why No Vents On The V3.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
I have heaerd the recommendation of using AW rcr123 batteries, but again, they are stacked, but they do have a higher c rating. Never the less, one can always check the voltage of each cell prior to apply a load and after a short time of applying a load to make sure the cells are discharging equally.

Downer

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Califorina
I love my Prodigy v3.1 but i've had overheating issues that i've talked about in other sections of the forum but it wasn't because of the battery and nothing exploded because i caught it in time. I'll try to explain but i've never been good with words.

The part of the prodigy your atty/carto screws into has that little metal nub inside. If you screw on your carto or atty to tight the little nub gets pushed down and forces your prodigy to constantly fire. I had no idea why my prodigy was so hot to the touch and constantly firing till i noticed the lil nub looked like it was pushed down and i took it off and popped it back out by pushing with a metal drip tip from the opposite end. I'm guessing if anyone with a prodigy had their unit explode that this would be the cause because i can't see the prodigy overheating over any other reason since it's a purely mechanical mod. Oh and i had to push pretty hard to pop the lil nub back out. If you own a prodigy and that little nub looks almost flat with the black rubber piece in there then you need to pop it back out.

I've had this happen twice till i learned to stop screwing things on when i feel resistance and i've had no problems since.

Hope this helps anyone that owns a prodigy.

Last edited:

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
No comment

Just curious as to why you removed your post? I vaped a couple of years ago and have 3 products from PS. I wanted to see the answer! I am not sure I want to use my products now and am thinking of buying new ones. Researching, but surely would have like to see the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread