Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Hey guys!
Do anyone knows why people blow the vape back to their attys?
I mean they dont lift the drip tip away from their mouth, just inhale and blow.

Is it any good? i'd be affraid that water would precipitate to the atty and i would inhale spitback...
It gets rid of the air that was in the atty, so that your first inhale is pure vapor and also purges the first amount of vapor that was created while your coil was heating up. Basically it makes your first draw all vapor at full temp.
Does it really "do" anything? Not really, because your second draw will be that way anyway, and were vaping at a lot higher wattage than when that started.
It can suck if you tend to overdrip or have freshly dripped though, cause it can blow hot liquid out onto your hand.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've seen people do it, and honestly don't see what purpose it serves.

If you're ramping up a high mass, low resistance coil it's self-defeating. Two or three pulses do the same thing without airflow working against you to cool it. Airflow and vaporizing juice are the coil's cooling system. Blowing engages it. Pulsing only partially engages it (juice flow).

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I sort of do it but i'm not blowing back into the atty. I'll start to draw then release a bit through my nose then continue to draw. I get a fuller pull that way. I can't remember when i started doing it, it seemed natural at the time and just stuck (i may have seen PBusardo doing it years ago and copied his style)

edit - or i may be talking about something else entirely - i just don't know anymore :(

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I might do it before i even hit the fire button to blow any residual vapor out as this remaining vapor is kinda harsh. But otherwise, blowing into the atty while firing only cools the coil down when youre trying to heat it up. Really doesnt make sense to me.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys!
Do anyone knows why people blow the vape back to their attys?
I mean they dont lift the drip tip away from their mouth, just inhale and blow.

Is it any good? i'd be affraid that water would precipitate to the atty and i would inhale spitback...

I only do it when I want to look cool :banana:

I agree with @Coastal Cowboy, there is no advantage to the vape experience. If I have an atty set up with some warm up time I wait an appropriate amount of time to let the coil heat up before beginning the inhale. If I have any worry that I might get a dry hit, I do a short inhale-exhale to test it and then do the full inhale as per Phil's method. I really think it's just the cool factor :)

I have exhaled through an atty at times with power on to get rid of old juice on the wick that I didn't want to vape while in TC mode, or to clear a flood. This has never caused spitback or any other issues.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I do this in my first drag when i'm going to be taking multiple hits.

Warms my coils up so each subsequent drag gets hot quicker. If I just fire it without pushing/pulling air, it cooks things and my subsequent drags either taste burnt or make me cough.

If I don't do this and just take a cooler first drag it also makes me cough.

I might do it before i even hit the fire button to blow any residual vapor out as this remaining vapor is kinda harsh. But otherwise, blowing into the atty while firing only cools the coil down when youre trying to heat it up. Really doesnt make sense to me.

In my experience it cools it down, but it's still very much hotter than a cold room temperature coil.

I sort of do it but i'm not blowing back into the atty. I'll start to draw then release a bit through my nose then continue to draw. I get a fuller pull that way. I can't remember when i started doing it, it seemed natural at the time and just stuck (i may have seen PBusardo doing it years ago and copied his style)

edit - or i may be talking about something else entirely - i just don't know anymore :(

This may be a cigarette habit thing. Thinking about it, I used to do this. And everyone in my family that smokes does this. It's like taking a MTL and then following up immediately with a DTL. Happens a lot when you're rushing on your 10 minute union mandated break.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
If I just fire it without pushing/pulling air, it cooks things and my subsequent drags either taste burnt or make me cough.

If I don't do this and just take a cooler first drag it also makes me cough.
Same here. Do you DL with big "fancy" coils? I don't feel the need to do it on my tootle-puffer tanks, but when I'm DL'ing I do find that purging can kind of "smooth out" that first hit which, as you've mentioned, can otherwise be kind of harsh.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Same here. Do you DL with big "fancy" coils? I don't feel the need to do it on my tootle-puffer tanks, but when I'm DL'ing I do find that purging can kind of "smooth out" that first hit which, as you've mentioned, can otherwise be kind of harsh.

Dual or Tri-core fused claptons. Not sure how many fancy coil points those score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread