Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Can someone tell me the allergic systems to both VG and PG please.I ordered some eliquid from a well known vendor and after just a few vapes I became very il feeling like very tired and drain this was with 100% Vg4Mg nic

This is a mandatory reading:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html#post51773

Hope it helps.

But if you've been vaping for a while and had no issues before with either PG or VG, it may be just that something with that particular vendor's flavorings does not agree with you. Happens all the time. Was it your first order from that vendor?

Last edited:

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
Vaping 100% VG makes me feel like crap, really clogs up my lungs and makes me wheeze like I've got asthma. It also stuffs my cartos very quickly. I've settled on 70pg/30vg, works really well for me and my cartos. Plus I feel safer vaping higher PG juices, there's something about VG that just doesn't feel right health wise for me.

Bohab13

May 29, 2011
California,USA
Can someone tell me the allergic systems to both VG and PG please.I ordered some Eliquid from a well known vendor and after just a few vapes I became very il feeling like very tired and drain this was with 100% Vg4Mg nic

I got that feeling as well, but I chalked it up to the fact that it also made it very hard for me to breathe, almost hyper-ventilating. Maybe there wasn't enough oxygen getting to the brain. I haven't tried another all VG juice again. Maybe someday I will try a different one and see if this happens again, but not in the car. I like to be able to see through my windshield.

I think VG kind gets my lungs tightened up a bit. A bit of a heavy feeling in my chest. But PG somewhat has the same effect. That's only WHEN I inhale. I try not to worry too much about the possible/unforeseen consequences of long-term, excessive vaping of PG and VG. We're guinea pigs for this stuff. So I forced myself to start on 0nic and use my e-cig like a cigar. I find this works better anyway because it seems you detect a lot more flavor when you give the vapor time to dance around your tongue rather than just wolfing it down into your lungs and blasting it out. I just kind of savor the vapor while keeping that oral fixation addiction at bay. I will admit, when I drink, I inhale lol. Understandable though when you're inebriated. Old habits die hard ya know? *puff, puff, chug, puff, jabber, jabber, jabber, chug, puff* But I figure its no worse than going out to a fog-filled club for drinks on the weekends like an orange coated socialite giraffe. But I digress.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm a big fan of Boba's Bounty, which is made by Alien Visions. But AV juice is all VG.

When it's warm out, that's fine. But as the temp drops, the VG gets very thick, and I pretty much have to mix some other (PG based) juice with the Boba's Bounty or it's simply too thick to work well in my tank.

Yeah, I wish they would make it in a 50/50... even a 70/30 VG/PG would probably wick a lot better in tanks and such.

In general, though, PG or VG shouldn't taste much different... some of either can end up with a chemical taste to them, which is a sign of poor quality, not an inherent flaw in either of them.

So, VG will give more vapor and less TH, PG is the inverse. PG feeds better in any system that requires feeding, including cartomizers (with or without tanks), various rebuildables, and things such as the UFS. You can thin 100% VG out a little by adding around 1/30 to 2/30 parts water, which should thin it down substantially without affecting flavor a noticeable amount.

Ideally, I go for 50/50, though... except for Boba's. :(

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I will admit, when I drink, I inhale lol.

I was that way with cigars too, once upon a time... I was a daily cigarette smoker and only occasional cigar smoker. I guess now that I'm a vaper, I could still fall into that category of occasional cigar smoker... Haven't cheated with an analog once, but I wonder if a cigar 'counts'. :)

I was that way with cigars too, once upon a time... I was a daily cigarette smoker and only occasional cigar smoker. I guess now that I'm a vaper, I could still fall into that category of occasional cigar smoker... Haven't cheated with an analog once, but I wonder if a cigar 'counts'. :)

As awesome as these e-cigs are, you can never replace a SEE-GAR. I told myself once I'm done with the vaping and I'm older, I'll probably invest in a corncob or just hit up the local smoke shop here and there and be an occasional cigar or pipe smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread