Why though?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Why do some mods hit harder than others? I put a 0.53 ohm build in my rda. Placed in on one of my mods (segelei Kaos) at 50 watts and then placed it on my Tesla Wye at the same wattage and it hits way harder on my Wye. Is it the chip set? It’s frustrating, I have different mods but why do some perform better than others?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
If I made Mods, I would Calibrate the board so it outputted 5 ~ 10% more wattage than it should.

That was people would say that My Mods were "Hard Hitting".
Sounds like the sleaziness that iJoy practices, but I think VooPoo actually did that with the Drag.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Why do some mods hit harder than others? I put a 0.53 ohm build in my RDA. Placed in on one of my mods (segelei Kaos) at 50 watts and then placed it on my Tesla Wye at the same wattage and it hits way harder on my Wye. Is it the chip set? It’s frustrating, I have different mods but why do some perform better than others?
I think it best to let the following put you on the right track in answering your question. I too have found this varies between different mods in the way they are actually built. The ones that lack the 'hit' you desire I would just up the watts or voltage to compensate. And then again, maybe you would like to build your own, as some have done in years past.

Good luck.

555 PWM MOSFET diagram

:)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
If you want to build a PWM mod then I'd go with one of Big Al's inexpensive boards instead of a noisy 555 version.

His boards have 5 click on off, low battery protection, reverse polarity protection and so on. BUT you have to build for it like you would for a series mech mod, keeping battery current limits in mind.
Big Al's Intelligent PWM (iPWM) 2s-6s wo/pot

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
If you want to build a PWM mod then I'd go with one of Big Al's inexpensive boards instead of a noisy 555 version.

His boards have 5 click on off, low battery protection, reverse polarity protection and so on. BUT you have to build for it like you would for a series mech mod, keeping battery current limits in mind.
Big Al's Intelligent PWM (iPWM) 2s-6s wo/pot[/QUOTJe

Jeez I don’t know if I could build my own vape. That would be awesome though. Fairly easy?

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I think the most likely reasons have been covered. But I would add that there's no standard these companies are held to as far as the accuracy of their devices. I am glad it is that way, since we all know what regulations, guidelines, and standards can lead to. Ultimately, it's not a big deal if one seems to not hit as hard, just up the watts to your taste.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
greasegizzard, they all have their own tolerances and idiosyncracies. As long as they work and serve us well, that's all that matters.
I agree. Like I said, I'm glad they're not held to some arbitrary government mandated standard. I very much prefer companies being able to design products as they see fit. And consumers using so many choices and being able to find what they like and not some junk that everyone else is forced to use, too.

Sent a long time ago from a Galaxy Note far far away...

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
greek mule, if you mean can it affect fire button delay? Yes it could to some extent, as the hardware would be the limiting factor.

But device firmware and PC BIOS share one thing in common. You'll get an update, but they don't tell you exactly what they do.
Correct.Update in case fire button delay has improved.

• Agree
Reactions: ranjen617

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If you look at some of the more objective reviews, such as the measurements performed by DJLsb Vapes, you can see that devices not outputting the correct wattage (or voltage) is actually quite common. It is possible a Firmware update can correct any deficiencies, assuming the developer is aware of the issue and is willing to correct. But there could be cases where this is a hardware deficiency in which case a FW update may not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread