Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I'm not familiar with vaping with latter day cotton strips and such that are now available.

Lots of people like Rayon. There is a thread or two specifically dealing with Rayon. Rayon doesn't burn per say. The biggest contributing factor to Rayon wick life is 'gunking up.' Gunking up is mostly related to the darkness of the ejuice. That problem is pretty much the same for most types of fabric wicks.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
New wicks are just better for taste and vapor no matter what the reason for changing them. I usually change a wick every two or three days. If a wick isn't delivering juice to the coil it's probably going to be that the wick is too small or the tips aren't into the juice channels. Some times a wick just retracts or shrinks away from the juice deck.

Maybe the coil size is too small to allow enough wicking.

Reactions: 52anddone

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Lemo 2 with 1.27 ohm coil and organic cotton wick. I am vaping at 20 watts on a Pico. I am starting to get burnt taste with only 2 days of vaping.

How often do you change the wick for high wattage vaping? I am not even sub-ohming. Is the wicking almost a daily thing if I was vaping at 30 watts on a .7ohm coil?

Thanks

Turn it down.

Coil wrapping (play with "heat flux")

What wire are you using? DIA of coil? number of wraps?

Got pics?

Cheers
I

Reactions: 52anddone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread