Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi there fellow vapers. I'm kinda confuse about wicking because when I wick too tight it burn fast but when I wick too loose its a bit tasteless. What can you recommend about wicking ?

It's just gunna take some Trial and Error to find what works Best for your coils.

When you are New, using Pad Cotton like Muji I think is less problematic that using Bulk Cotton/Rayon.

Because it is Easy to know How Much Cotton you have by the Width of the Strip you cut off from the Pad.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
What type tank are you using? Personally I think more is better, the problem or reason people think you can't use to much is not the amount in the coil, but the proper amount in the channels or lenght or position. ...I think you can pack the coil, but need to pay more attention to wick tail amounts and lenghts. Like mentioned though, each tank is different and all in all just takes practice to find what that tank likes....wicking is definitely the trickiest part of the whole deal, but once you got it, piece of cake.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I can't remember where I read this, but the width of the piece of cotton you wick with should be roughly the same as the circumference of your coil. That just gets you into the ballpark. A little thicker sometimes; a little thinner sometimes. And of course, how you do the tails varies from device to device also. Only then can one introduce his or her personal preference, which further complicates things.

Short answer: There isn't a best way.

AminyWin

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 7, 2017
China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Really, a lot of dry hits/flooding have to do with how you handle the tails. I use rayon pretty much exclusively now, and I find very tight IN THE COIL to be useful, but what I do with my tails (length, amount, how much thinning) is what makes most of the difference. With rayon, I use exactly as much as to not deform the coil, I even hold the coil with my thumb as I pull/twist it through. You can have a lot of wick in the COIL and that's quite helpful, but thinning/cutting/wick PLACEMENT are going to determine most of the rest of it. I find it useful to watch a youtube video or two on each tank to see how reviewers are doing it and then go from there.

Unfortunately, there is no "one wick fits all tanks" tutorial. Wicking was TREMENDOUSLY annoying for me until I got the hang of it. You can and I'm sure you will.

Good luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread