Wii-Cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

PakaDay

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2008
Brisbane Australia
Came across some Wii mini remotes the ones with candy in them :)

They are actually a licensed product and the detail for a $2 item is incredible so I thought yup since it feels and looks like a Wii remote and is about the same size as an Indulgence with extended cup I just had to do it. They feel just great to hold and Vap on with the button underneath and the battery access is just perfect for 2 batteries.

They do need a lot of work to get them to be 6 Volters but it was really worth the effort.

So here is the Wii-cig.

I know they make Black ones but they are not sold in Australia well I cant seem to find one :(.

If you like it just buy some and have a go building your own and hey for $2 you can afford to stuff a few up.

Pics with size comparisons to Indulgence/510 and a real Wii remote.

Can post more Pics if anyone wants 5 seems to be the limit per post.

Edit found some black ones so will make some Black Mini Wii-Cigs now they should look cool :)

Attachments

• DSCF4016.jpg
    DSCF4016.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 915
  • DSCF4005.jpg
    DSCF4005.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,087
  • DSCF4010.jpg
    DSCF4010.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 960
  • DSCF4004.jpg
    DSCF4004.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 995
  • DSCF4011.jpg
    DSCF4011.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 983
Last edited:

PakaDay

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2008
Brisbane Australia
I am using a tactical micro switch (same switch as the Eastmall Indulgence) hidden under the actual Wii trigger. The trigger on the mini Wii has enough room inside for a soft spongy insert that hits the switch beautifully and its main reason is so it really does not matter how hard you squeeze the trigger it wont damage the micro switch, so even heavy handed people (think my wife lol) wont break it.

Its a nice firm clicky feeling when you pull the trigger and the size of the Wii enables it to use either your thumb or fore finger to pull it. Feels nice either way.

Currently building a few black ones and do they look cool :) Will all be dual battery 6 Volt units like the white one.

May add some Adjustable Voltage regulators but it's a way tight squeeze inside these little things there is not much left inside to dremel out.

Attachments

• DSCF4007.jpg
    DSCF4007.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Trigger.jpg
    Trigger.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Matt79jd

Jul 29, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I just saw these at party city and I had to buy one. I think im going to make a PV with pass-through capabilities with a female usb on the bottom (to almost create that realistic look) with a 10440 battery. Tact switch for the B button and hopefully light it up like the real thing. I would love to build a 5v but do not know how to create a charging, pass-through circuit. I am going to use my 510 pass-through I already have for the circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread