Wire Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what gauge this wire is? Bought it but forgot to ask. Doesn't seem to have markings on it to indicate otherwise. I don't have any wire gauge measuring tool at this moment :cry:
image201509030003.jpg
image201509030002.jpg

You didn't purchase that wire with the intent to vape with that, did you? :unsure: It looks like insulated speaker wire.

Edit: Oh, now I see the single strand perpendicular to the rest. It's imposible to tell from the pic what gauge you have out.
The guy even paired the batteries in series, I believe

I've actually tried using copper as a coil wire years ago. It imparts a bad taste (as least i don't like it). Lick a piece of copper and you'll see what I mean. If budget is an issue, surf on over to Fastech and buy a spool of Kanthal. Shipping is always free.
I'm using it to circuit, not coil.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I would use solid wire, not stranded. But that's just a personal preference. It does handle heat better though. And you bend it to the shape you want and it stays put. That "looks" like 12AWG stranded copper, but it's really hard to tell from the pic. It might be 14AWG. If it's #14, it's only rated up to 15A and I wouldn't use it in a mod. If the wire is of any decent quality, it will be marked on the insulation. Make sure it says THHN somewhere on it. It's a designation of insulation type and temperature rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread