Not open for further replies.

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
Hi guys,

Sorry to make my first post an unhappy one..but I've had to go back to analogs and I really didn't want to. I really liked vaping and took to it well without many withdrawals.. I went analog free for 2 weeks and I was really happy with that..but for some reason my body just can't take it. My heart beat was racing so much so I could hear it in my ears..I just put this down to the nicotine but then my heart started hurting as if it was being punched. At one point I thought I was having a heart attack and I'm only 22. Then my body started to feel like it was shaking or tingling..and panic attacks started, something I've never had before. I know this probably sounds like analog withdrawal but I tried cold turkey a few months ago and didn't suffer like this..

Before I started the thread I searched on the ecf for days looking if other people had the same problems as I didn't want to start another thread on it..and read about PG allergy or too much nic..but I tried the 0 nic juice and I'm still getting the same problems..

When I was vaping I was on 8mg nic and perhaps 1-2 mil a day..before vaping I was smoking 20 reds a day.

I feel really low about going back to analogs when vaping was working so well..and I wish I could just vape instead.

Also, I wasn't trying to replicate the head rush whilst vaping as you would get from analogs as I know that's not what vaping is for..

Is there anything I can do? I don't want to be back on the analogs and each one is making me unhappy..

P.S I don't want to seem anti vaping..because I'm not..if I could vape without any problems I would do that and never go back to analogs...

Thanks,
Ollie

Ollie please don't beat yourself up (this normally causes people to go back to analogs) Two weeks is awesome. Not sure of some has already mentioned this but there is more than Just nicotine that our bodies get addicted to from Analogs. I am currently a dual user and have been for a while. I am ok with my journey. and I know one day it will be vaping only,but for now I am happy. I did start doing one thing and that was adding NET or WTA to the ejuice. the WTA actually helps me with the "other" stuff I was addicted to and the NET Feels just like an analog. the WTA also has helped people get through the depression and the attacks that some suffer from when not smoking.... again just my two cents! Good luck on your journey! We each have our own!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
"my heart started hurting as if it was being punched"? Dude, see a doctor. Who says 22 is too young for a heart attack?

+1! Your heart is not something to experiment with! Clear that possibility first, then work on other possibilities. I can tell you from experience, don't limit your self diagnosis to the traditional signs of a heart attack. I'll just leave it at that.

Good luck!

KiltedHammer

Dec 26, 2014
Iowa, USA
To add on to what others were saying regarding a possible allergy, the following link demonstrates that a LOT of different things could potentially be the cause rather than just PG or VG.

(apparently I cannot yet post links but doing a search for "e-liquid recipes master mixers" should do the trick)

Perhaps the juice you were using had something from this list (or something not even on the list) that you are allergic to.
Do you have any known allergies that you were previously aware of BEFORE vaping?

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Yeah, a racing heart rate and tingling can very much be a real and serious allergic reaction -- I have one substance that happens to me with -- but I'd expect hives and such too, and your airway possibly tightening/lump in the throat, and other stuff, but no two people reaction exactly the same. If it is an allergic reaction, it could be the PG, VG, or a specific flavoring.

You need to be really careful with this, as if anaphylaxis is involved it is absolutely no joke. I joke a lot, but this is 100% serious -- *if* you are having an allergic reaction that is going full-body, your immune system is basically going into overdrive. You might assume if you keep trying it it'll keep settling down afterwards, but that isn't always the case. With severe reactions you can be "priming" the immune system so it gets worse, and then you have a reaction that doesn't go away so you end up going away.

If you keep experimenting, I'd not do it alone -- and make sure you have anti-histamines around to temper any reactions. I'd do it systematically and in extreme moderation in case something starts getting triggered until you found something you felt was safe for you. e.g., try a few puffs of 100% unflavored VG, etc. and if that's still bad, 100% PG, and if that's still bad...

Very good advice and well said. I will reiterate what he said about systematically eliminating each ingredient. Try unflavored 50/50 first, if you have the same symptoms, then you can rule the flavoring out. Then try straight VG with flavoring, only problem there is you will greatly miss the TH, especially coming from smoking reds. You can replace the TH (sort of) with menthol. I hope you find something that works.

Also, did you get your juice form the well known source? Everyone and their brother has a juice line these days and all are not created equal.

Ollie

Dec 26, 2014
UK
Hi guys, thanks for all your help and advice..I didn't want to bump this thread as it's getting old now..but I was thinking about my days of vaping and what could have caused it...I was filling the tank quite often and accidentally spilling the e liquid on my fingers, quite a bit to be honest..and I'd just rub it off and not think about it..then start vaping. Does the liquid really go into your skin and then blood stream? I think I might have took too much nicotine in..

I've let my body sit for a few days now and filled the tank up with gloves on..turned the volts down and drunk more water and i'm feeling fine whilst vaping (yay)..my heart beat increases a bit tho, from 60 a minute to 75..but i'm prepared for that instead of analogs...

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
I'm glad you're feeling better, but if you do start having heart pains again, you should report it to your doctor promptly just in case. You never know, it may be entirely unrelated to vaping. As for absorbing nicotine through the skin, I don't think it is possible without long-term exposure like in a nicotine patch, and not from eliquid, either. So don't worry about gloves, just wash your hands afterward if anything. Honestly, headaches and dizziness are alot more common from nicotine overdose than chest pain. Accelerated heart rate may also be a sign of something else made worse by too much nicotine. Good luck and I hope you find something that works.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Hi guys, thanks for all your help and advice..I didn't want to bump this thread as it's getting old now..but I was thinking about my days of vaping and what could have caused it...I was filling the tank quite often and accidentally spilling the e liquid on my fingers, quite a bit to be honest..and I'd just rub it off and not think about it..then start vaping. Does the liquid really go into your skin and then blood stream? I think I might have took too much nicotine in..

Yeah, you absolutely can absord nicotine through your skin -- it's why when doing DIY eliquids and handling eliquids you need to wear gloves as it can become dangerous very quickly. Field workers who harvest & handle tobacco leaves are known to get mild to severe nicotine poisoning just from carrying the leaves around.

I'd originally said it halfway-sounded like borderline nicotine-poisoning, but you said you were getting the same symptoms from zero-nicotine eliquid obviously you could bathe in that without getting nicotine poisoning, so something may be getting mixed up as nic poisoning from zero-nic eliquid can't make sense.

So it's great that it worked itself out, but seriously -- keep an eye on it in case something is mixed up and you switch flavors and something goes bume like before. If there's any question, a package of antihistamines is relatively cheap and can make all the difference until you get real help.

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
Yeah, you absolutely can absord nicotine through your skin -- it's why when doing DIY eliquids and handling eliquids you need to wear gloves as it can become dangerous very quickly. Field workers who harvest & handle tobacco leaves are known to get mild to severe nicotine poisoning just from carrying the leaves around.

I agree, when referring to toxic concentrations of nicotine (i.e. >36 mg/ml), but only occasional and brief exposure to lower, consumable levels is unlikely to result in much, if any, significant absorption through skin. DIY nicotine base is commonly as much as 100 mg/ml and obviously more dangerous.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I agree, when referring to toxic concentrations of nicotine (i.e. >36 mg/ml), but only occasional and brief exposure to lower, consumable levels is unlikely to result in much, if any, significant absorption through skin. DIY nicotine base is commonly as much as 100 mg/ml and obviously more dangerous.

I guess I'm not sure I follow -- you're saying <36mg/ml there will be little to no significant absorption through the skin? That goes against just about everything I've ever read or been told, including several papers, so one of us is missing something so could you point me to what you're basing it on?

I was/am under the impression that nicotine is readily absorbed through the skin in different concetrations, though when bound up with PG/VG it's potency is lowered. We aren't talking near-lethal dosages or anything, or ingesting it -- but I got curious enough I just spent some time looking around and I can't find anything that'd say someone with low tolerance spilling a cc or so on themselves wouldn't feel it if they didn't get it off. I know I've spilled 24mg eliquid all over my hand from an accident or two and been OK -- but I've seen someone with a low tolerance get a bunch around their hands/lips and get dizzy and need to lay down.

Reactions: cruizydude

newbiegirl

Jun 26, 2014
Canada
Damn, that is heavy man. I experienced something like that when i was still vaping 12mg juice. I felt dizzy and started to get the shakes, felt like I was going to faint.

But you said you did not really just sit and chain vape on it or anything. It could be a combination of withdrawal and your body getting used to vaping. This community is great so im sure you'll get some better input.

Good luck

Gosh sorry to hear that..i was having a few issues too, at first but found i had to cut the pg out completely after just downgrading! so far so good!...

newbiegirl

Jun 26, 2014
Canada
I wonder if someone can give me advise on what the best equipment is for 100 vg..that's what i am having issues with..going through carto's, coils, feeling frustrated..bought an aspire premium kit 2 days before xmas, worked well ..for an hour!...
6 months into it..still havent found anything that last more than a few days before acting up...tried a vv battery...seems to be worse..seems to burn my juice!

my juice, even though 100 vg, is not thick..i've taken it along with me to 3 different vendors so far..they couldn't believe it was 100%...even their 50/50 appeared thicker..so i don't know what the issue is...other than possible because i prefer the darker, sweet juices..cappuccino, coffee, type juice...strong but sweet..i guess!
not sure what to do...i called that supplier (after umpteeth emails, regarding returning this aspire kit, and he reluctantly said yes. i'm almost considering hanging up my vape right now..frustrated

newbiegirl

Jun 26, 2014
Canada
I wonder if someone can give me advise on what the best equipment is for 100 vg..that's what i am having issues with..going through carto's, coils, feeling frustrated..bought an aspire premium kit 2 days before xmas, worked well ..for an hour!...
6 months into it..still havent found anything that last more than a few days before acting up...tried a vv battery...seems to be worse..seems to burn my juice!

my juice, even though 100 vg, is not thick..i've taken it along with me to 3 different vendors so far..they couldn't believe it was 100%...even their 50/50 appeared thicker..so i don't know what the issue is...other than possible because i prefer the darker, sweet juices..cappuccino, coffee, type juice...strong but sweet..i guess!
not sure what to do...i called that supplier (after umpteeth emails, regarding returning this aspire kit, and he reluctantly said yes. i'm almost considering hanging up my vape right now..frustrated

i'm off to read the old timers'thread..since i'm in that age group kok, ..i did start reading there..but wanted to pose a question, and, i'm not allowed..! lol hoping i can find some insight there..

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA

I think you can post a new topic under the newbie area :) If/when you do, you should include what exactly it is you are having problems with or are unhappy with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread