Wismec Avatar intelligent digicharger

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Does anybody have or is familiar with the wismec Avatar intelligent digicharger? I purchased one new along with batteries (Samsung 25R), a mod ( Wismec Reuleaux Gen 3) from Totally Wicked about six weeks ago. The thing is is it takes approximately 36 hours to fully charge three batteries for my new mod on this charger. After making several complaints to the retail store they replaced the charger with no decrease in charging time. After speaking with them several more times they replaced the batteries thinking that might be the problem. Unfortunately my problem with this excessively long charging time has not been resolved with those changes. Does anybody have or know of others with similar problems with this product? Can anyone direct me to a solid review on this product?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I found some (mixed) reviews on gearbest's website, for what it's worth. They were mixed. There were other results from my google search which was simple enough "your charger name" consumer reports and/or issues."

Customer Reviews for Original WISMEC Avatar Intelligent Battery Digicharger | GearBest.com

If the charger and the batteries were both replaced though it's either got to be user error, or not a great charger....

Anna
Thanks Anna let's assume it's operator error what could I be doing wrong?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't necessarily think it's user error, it could well be the charger. You've gotten the same result with two of them, which is why I think you should get something else.

I suppose you've got a case for a return, if the output specs don't seem to match what is happening with your batteries (i.e. if it says "I will charge whatever batteries via whatever amount of current) and it's not doing so... Well, I guess at that point you could return it (maybe have the vape store owner "watch" the charger for 36 hours, or whatever). If that doesn't match the specs of the charger (which I do not know enough about to say) well, I'd imagine you could obtain a return.

Might be why this particular charger isn't talked about much on ECF, that no one is using it because it's unreliable, or because it has poor "specs" in terms of charging a battery. Some people don't want to charge fast, and actually consider fast charging to be harder on the battery.

So if the specs "match" up so to speak, do some research and order another charger. If you want something fast, I use a nitecore intellecharger. Not the priciest or maybe even "best" out of your options, but is surely is fast. Xtar is another maker I'd recommend.

As far as "user error" I have no idea, I was just stating that since you've replaced both the batteries and the charger once, and you can charge your batteries via USB, that is what is left, either user error (I know I can be fairly creative in "user error" mode so I'm afraid you'd have to do any detecting there, as nothing has been missed) OR the charger. I'm thinking it's the charger personally, and I'd recommend replacing it however you accomplish that. Etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread