RDA Wismec Indestructible negative post

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
hi all.

Is it me or is the Wismec Indestructible so difficult to feed wire into?
The negative posts are not "holed" like for example a velocity where you can just string the wire in the hole and screw it tight.

Please tell me how you go about working with this horrendous design.

Did i mention it also leeks? and its a new unit ... Its authentic ...

indestructible-rda-wismec-oirignal.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
It's not really a horrendous design. The bottom of the posts' slots are solid so as to not be feeding wire into a post only to have it dip down inside a post. You just have to bend your leads to fit the atty & trap them properly with the screw. Quite simple.
You don't need to center your coils if you don't want to. All you have to do is position the neg leads so they properly sit in the neg post slots.
I have an American made jaybo Designs #indestructible atty and the Wismec version is pretty much the same thing, except with the cloud chasing kit for the indestructible (another $15 I believe if you're buying for the original) coming stock with it.
It's the same with the jaybo & Wismec/JayBo Bambino atty.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
The Indestructible is a fairly easy atty to build. It is very user friendly. If the negative leads are bothering you that much just tighten down the negative leads first then do the positive.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
uh. No its not. Its far from easy. compare it to any RDA with HOLES and not a slit like the negative post on the Indestructible .. i know you know what i mean but you're just maybe used to the Indestructible and thus find it easy. its not.
Sure, its doable but you have to bend the wire a whole bunch...

I like the way it is set up, find it quite easy to build on. Wasn't sure when looking at pics of it, but glad I bought it.

No leaks either, long as I don't over drip, kind of like most of my others.
actually the Indestructible is a leak havoc. dripping on that thing always causes leaks for me.
also, the mouth tip is horrendous for getting hot ... FAST.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Sounds like it's YOU having problems, not the atty....
uh. No its not. Its far from easy. compare it to any RDA with HOLES and not a slit like the negative post on the Indestructible .. i know you know what i mean but you're just maybe used to the Indestructible and thus find it easy. its not.
Sure, its doable but you have to bend the wire a whole bunch...

actually the Indestructible is a leak havoc. dripping on that thing always causes leaks for me.
also, the mouth tip is horrendous for getting hot ... FAST.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
This is the first RDA I have used, so I don't have much to compare it, too. But I haven't had much issue building on it. Like was stated, if you want them centered, it's easier if you add in a little bend to offset the leads going to the negative post. The only time it leaks is when I overdrip. I'm not a huge fan of the drip tip. I wish it could be changed out, but it's not a huge deal. The only really bad thing I've noticed is that sometimes when I'm positioning the coils, the postive post will spin a little and I will have to straighten it back up and tighten the 510 pin.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
This is the first RDA I have used, so I don't have much to compare it, too. But I haven't had much issue building on it. Like was stated, if you want them centered, it's easier if you add in a little bend to offset the leads going to the negative post. The only time it leaks is when I overdrip. I'm not a huge fan of the drip tip. I wish it could be changed out, but it's not a huge deal. The only really bad thing I've noticed is that sometimes when I'm positioning the coils, the postive post will spin a little and I will have to straighten it back up and tighten the 510 pin.
Then you will be pleasantly relieved and mad at yourself how you had the patience to put up with the failed design.
I urge you to try something like the velocity.

Sent from my Lenovo P1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: greasegizzard

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Then you will be pleasantly relieved and mad at yourself how you had the patience to put up with the failed design.

I think I'm going to try the Tsunami next. Probably have to wait a bit after it comes out, though.

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Oxnard, CA, USA

It's not a failed design. It works just fine. The problem is the builder. All you have to do is secure the negative first. Then use your screw driver and re-insert it into the coil and move the whole coil to the center of the deck. It takes about 2 minutes to build a simple dual coil and install it on the deck.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Language not Appropriate

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Oxnard, CA, USA
Rip is garbage.
It's a really easy rda to use once you do what I said, yes there are other ways to build it but that is the way I have found the easiest. If you still have trouble I can put up a tutorial of how I build it for you. Hope it works out. It's not that bad, yes I am a JayBo fanboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frjaldomr

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
  • Deleted by classwife

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
  • Deleted by classwife

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Trip Rippers was a tool long before he drank the kool-aid. I see you edited out the 28g part of your post, but yeah, if your running 28g then holes would probably be easier.

I was pleasantly surprised on my first build of this atty, I was impressed how well the wire stayed in place when tightening it down, didn't try to creep off to the side, and a really great solid grip on the wire, didn't require multiple times to re-tighten, didn't shift all over, or lose its grip completely as some do.

Some atomizers are crazy sensitive to over dripping, and will leak all over at the slightest surplus, some like the Aeolus are very forgiving, some are just a happy medium. I've got some of those leaky ones, got some that you can just about do anything but submerge the coils. This one will leak if you over drip, especially if your coil/s crowd the airflow, but your statement "leak havok" supports the conclusion you need something as bit more on the Aeolus end of the spectrum.

And finally, as for the mouthpiece getting so hot, a proper build in it run properly is a tremendous help. Check into Heat Flux, it does help, many posts devoted to the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread