The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wismec Reuleaux Gen 3 problem

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Tinkiegrrl, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tinkiegrrl

Tinkiegrrl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Every other time I go to fire it, it reads low atomizer. If I play around with the tank a bit, it will work eventually. I’m thinking a 510 connection issue of some sort? Does the company take care of that, or did I just blow my cash?

I have a Lost Vape Paranormal coming in the mail, so if Wismec doesn’t fix these issues without a huge fuss, I may just keep this as back up or something...

2. Tinkiegrrl

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Also, my return came just on time for my birthday, so tell me what else to blow my money on. I used to be in this forum a lot when I first picked up vaping. Went back to smoking for a bit but then switched back to vaping recently. I have no idea what I’m doing anymore really. I just went for high end with the Lost Vape mod I bought and figured hopefully I’ll get what I paid for.

3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I would tend to agree with your assessment of the problem.. Unfortunately it’s a “feature” not a bug. Wismec s in general are known to have deep connector wells and not every atomizer will work well with them. You won’t see help from wismec I suspect. If your atty has a screw out positive connector you can try extending it. Another work around is to get a heat sink which you basically just leave on all the time after jiggering it into working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tinkiegrrl

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    I see. Thing is, it’ll work fine for a bit, then suddenly not, so it’s connecting some of the time. I’m just using a Crown Uwell right now. I used to build for tanks and drippers and all that but I don’t have time for that anymore. Maybe I’ll dig a dropper out where I can adjust things and just use it occasionally.

5. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Might be the connection with the Crown coil to the base pin.
    Sometimes condensation in the base will cause a bad connection.

6. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I have tried 17 of my atomizers on my gen 3 with zero issues, might I ask which atty you were running on yours?

Edit- I see you were running the crown now, and puffon already suggested what I was thinking...

7. Tinkiegrrl

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Crown uwell III

8. Tinkiegrrl

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Thanks. Screwed on the tank really tight and it hasn’t given me an issue since. I’m so used to NOT doing that that for fear of pushing down the 510 connecting pin that I didn’t think to try it.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    My guess is you won't even use it after you see how the paranormal performs:thumbs: I think you will be extremely happy. every thing else to will seem like a toy, lost vape and evolve stand behind there warranty if you ever need to use it, sometimes far beyond it too from what I have read, I have quite a few DNA's and never needed to use it anyway. Not knocking Wismec, because they are pretty good with firmware updates but their quality control is not the best along with the 510 issues, I don't even try to send them back, just tear them apart and fix them myself as their customer service is not so great. imo, good luck either way.

10. Steve W Pedersen

Steve W Pedersen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    If you like triple battery mods you might want to have a look at the think Vape finder it's a nice-looking mod with a DNA 250 C chip in it,
    I have one on order and it should be in my hands on the 23rd of this month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.